x heads

-

AbodyJohn88

Reaction score
have a pair of stock x heads on my 360, upgrading to a 408 and considering a set of edelbrock heads. what id like to know is if i send my x heads stage 3 ported from shady dell race shop will they outperform the stock edelbrocks? worth spending 1,500 on the edelbrocks or 1000 to get the x's ported

X2. If I was doing it, I would spend the money on the eddys.

Like crackedback said, the iron heads are getting old & are subject to cracking.

Id talk to the guy that,s doing the work.I,m assuming you alredy have the X heads??To purchase Eddy heads then have them worked over sounds a little pricier.My 2 centos

I too would, and am wanting to go with a set of eddy's. Best bang for the buck(IMOA) You can even buy a set all ready ported up from some places.

Here you go. I talked to this guy awhile back about buying the heads off one of those engines when I hurt my w5.Call him up!

2 408 strokers price reduced
First one is a '71 block casting, with machined in aftermarket 4 bolt main caps, 4340 Mopar forged crank, Eagle H-beam rods, .030 forged Wiseco pistons, flat tappet Comp cam, race roller chain. W-2 55cc race heads with full port job, titanium retainers, 2.02/ 1.60 s.s. valves, Indy intake, and Ati damper. 12-12.5 to 1 comp. Asking $4000,obo.
Second one is a '73 casting block, Mopar 4340 forged crank, Hughes main girdle, Childs and Albert rods, .030 JE pistons, flat tappet Comp cam, and race roller chain. Ported 68cc W-2 heads with 2.02/ 1.60 ss valves and titanium retainers. M1 Mopar intake and Ati balancer. 11 to 1 comp. asking $3800,obo.
Both of these engines run very well. They each have about 10 nights on them previosly ran circle track. Both are fully internally balanced with ARP head studs, ARP rod bolts, etc. Would make a package deal on both for $7400. Would also consider parting out the top ends/ short blocks and '67-'72 B-body trades and offers.

Also for sale, Complete set of 8 2.02 Mopar Intake valves, #P3614584, all new in boxes never ran. $70 shipping included.
Teflon valve seal pkg. #P3690963, fits 3/8 valves, still in vacuum pack, $15 shipping included.
Set of Mopar gold anodized rocker arm spacers, (all approx. 3/8 thick), new in bag, make offer.
Quick Time light weight flexplate, has 415960 engraved on it. Gold anodized, 130 tooth, never been bolted on or ran, $70 shipping included.

Call 515-341-0869 or [email protected] located in northern Iowa.

You could not build this one $4000.00
First one is a '71 block casting, with machined in aftermarket 4 bolt main caps, 4340 Mopar forged crank, Eagle H-beam rods, .030 forged Wiseco pistons, flat tappet Comp cam, race roller chain. W-2 55cc race heads with full port job, titanium retainers, 2.02/ 1.60 s.s. valves, Indy intake, and Ati damper. 12-12.5 to 1 comp. Asking $4000,obo.

Thats a deal

thanks for all the feedback guys, 71produster i WISH i had the money to buy either one of those stroker motors looks like both are 550 hp combos give or take? i should have mentioned this mostly a street car so ill be running pump 93 most of the time . But it looks like the cheapest and most effective way for me to do this is with my 360 block already .30 over, put in the 408 eagle stroker kit with the eddelbrocks make decent power and not spend to much.but i defanitly see w2's with a four bolt main block forged internals and a blower in the future.....maybe like 10 years haha

thanks for all the feedback guys, 71produster i WISH i had the money to buy either one of those stroker motors looks like both are 550 hp combos give or take? i should have mentioned this mostly a street car so ill be running pump 93 most of the time . But it looks like the cheapest and most effective way for me to do this is with my 360 block already .30 over, put in the 408 eagle stroker kit with the eddelbrocks make decent power and not spend to much.but i defanitly see w2's with a four bolt main block forged internals and a blower in the future.....maybe like 10 years haha

I can sure understand you saying you wish you had the money to buy one of those but set down and get out the pen and paper cause you'll be surprised how quickly you can spend $4000 doing a basic stroker engine with Eddy's.

I'm doing a stroker right now from a 360 block so I have a good idea of what's needed and here's the low down.

Machine work- $650-800 depending on just how much needs done. Don't skimp here or you'll be sorry. And spend the extra to have it internally balanced. It's worth every penny.

Stroker kit- I'm not sure what new kits are going for cause I bought mine new in box from a guy that bought it and never used them so I got a deal but I'm pretty sure a basic stroker kit will run you min of $1200-1300

Eddelbrock heads- About the cheapest place you'll find them on sale they'll be $1300 shipped. They should also be checked over real good before installation and the springs that come on them aren't good for a very big cam so they might need better valve springs. Another $50-200.

Cam and lifters and good T. Chain set- $275-400 depending on what you buy.

Pushrods- $60-150

Rocker arms- $250-600

Cam bearings-30

Intake- $225-300

Gaskets- $70 min. for Fel-pro's. Go better and price goes up.

Oil pump and aftermarket pickup- $110

New harmonic balancer-$80-300

Were now at a range of $4300-5460 and this don't include the small stuff like paint, plugs, header gaskets, freeze plug set, dist. bushing, deep sump oil pan, and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting that'll add several hundred more dollars to the equation..

As you can see it ads up real fast and this is just the stuff in the block and the heads.

Check out things close because you know what you want. That way you can come up with an accurate figure and I think you'll be surprised how much it will really cost by the time you add all the things up.

If I didn,t just spend 6k in the spring,I,d buy that motor in a minute.But ofcourse these deals come after you spend to much.Anybody lookin should jump now..it won,t last at that price.2 cents

-
Back