X heads

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Hi all.Thinking on a set of 340 x heads,the buyer says they have been rebuilt and ready to go for 750 Canadian and he is firm on his price.What do you think good price or not.

Sounds about right,that is if they have been rebuilt properly and ready to bolt on.What proof is there as to what has been done to them?

Hi all.Thinking on a set of 340 x heads,the buyer says they have been rebuilt and ready to go for 750 Canadian and he is firm on his price.What do you think good price or not.
Sounds pretty good. Can you check them out, rebuilt as in valves, springs etc?

I think $750 is a bit high and I would need machine shop inspection documentation before I would pay that price.

x2, get them checked out. Hardened valve seats, springs valves. Not too bad a deal if they check out ok. I paid close to $500 to have mine redone. Find a set of j's cheap and send them in yourself

It all depends on what is done with these heads. If you were to buy a set of J heads it will run anywhere from $250.00-$350.00 then the cost to have them rebuilt parts ect.. Most likely going over the price of these x heads. So again if they are done right asking price is fair.. Just my 2 cents..

Hey guys the seller says he indeed had them check had a few guids put in check for cracks.That is a good tip get the machine shop to wright something up.I have a set of 340 #915 202 j heads at the machine shop now but they need all new valves,guids,seats springs and retainers,havent heard about price to I am answering adds here to see witch way to go.Has anyone had heads rebuilt befor.what did you pay.Thanks.

I have a set of X heads. The machine shop in my area wanted over $900. They needed valves, guides, springs and valve seats. So I just went and bought the Edelbrocks instead.

Fred B

Hey guys the seller says he indeed had them check had a few guids put in check for cracks.That is a good tip get the machine shop to wright something up.I have a set of 340 #915 202 j heads at the machine shop now but they need all new valves,guids,seats springs and retainers,havent heard about price to I am answering adds here to see witch way to go.Has anyone had heads rebuilt befor.what did you pay.Thanks.

Put in "a few guides"? For $750 they should have all new guides.

It comes down more to your level of trust. I simply dont trust others' work. All the work I pay a shop to do gets checked.

eya I here ya on the trust part been there done that gwt burnt almost all the time.i will post back on my heads and see which way to go.

750 is pretty fair. I had mine redone for 750 . 3 angle grind had to go oversize stems, new springs, seals. took mine out to 220 from 202. 168 to 172. probably won't get a lot of miles out of them but i only drive a couple thousandmiles a year. And man do they breath well.

-
Back