XHD leaf springs,rant

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
I have called almost every parts guy here and they all tell me to go with our local spring shop.That shop added a leaf and said they rearck my springs and I spend money for nothing 2 years ago,they dont even want to deal with me now after calling them and said I was not happy with the resultsssssssss.Ok called my local Dodge dealer ask for the XHD 1 inch over stock for the 69 Dart well he says he only get what the stock height was back in the day,bull **** look deeper into this,with no results.Now you guys liveing in the United States are very lucky lots of suppliers to get ya the part.I will not order from the U.S. shipping would kill me,dam it.So can anyone of our Canadian Members help me out were the hell do I get what I want.My dart sitssss to low and the SS springs are not for me either this is a street driven car with a few blast here and there.Thanks for listening.

Hey don cant help you with XHD, but I had my springs done on my 67 Coronet..BIG BOAT and they lasted for years...lifted the *** end up about 1 1/2" gave it a real nice lean...they had the car for a couple hours and I think it was around $150??? I was happy with them give them a shout...Moi Parry Spring Service in Peterborough 705 742 2329 talk to Kevin. He also did the springs for my cuda....but like everything else with it, I havent put them back on yet. I took them in and he charged $100 with new bushings in the back end

I got my XHD springs from the dealer and the car ended up sitting a bit high in the back.

I but the dealer ones would give you the look you want.

dealer is right. mp XHD springs come in stock height only..

did ya call espo and see what they can do shipping wise? i know for a fact they have 6 leaf in stock, +1" and +2" heights.. know anyone in the states you can **** them to and you drive over to pick them up?

how about getting the specs and having a spring shop make them from scratch?

Hey don cant help you with XHD, but I had my springs done on my 67 Coronet..BIG BOAT and they lasted for years...lifted the *** end up about 1 1/2" gave it a real nice lean...they had the car for a couple hours and I think it was around $150??? I was happy with them give them a shout...Moi Parry Spring Service in Peterborough 705 742 2329 talk to Kevin. He also did the springs for my cuda....but like everything else with it, I havent put them back on yet. I took them in and he charged $100 with new bushings in the back end

I will give them a call thanks

dealer is right. mp XHD springs come in stock height only..

did ya call espo and see what they can do shipping wise? i know for a fact they have 6 leaf in stock, +1" and +2" heights.. know anyone in the states you can **** them to and you drive over to pick them up?

how about getting the specs and having a spring shop make them from scratch?

No haven't try ed them

I know this isn't a Dart, but here is my Barracuda with dealer XHD springs and front hangers flipped to lower the back 1 - 1.5" or so.

Here is an old thread started by Dmoore. He had dealer XHD springs that sat WAY high. Dealer XHD springs may be like rolling the dice....... You can never tell what you may get.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=62012&highlight=springs

100_1936.jpg

I know you also said that you didn't want to go with Super Stock springs, but if the reason is because you want the car to sit level you could always just order two from the same side. I know of a few people that have done this, ie, just order two 003's or 002's, depending on if you wanted the high arch side or not.

The spring doesn't know the difference...

As far as the XHD's, I've only ever known them to come in stock height. When I put XHD's on my Challenger it sat higher than stock for about 3 weeks, after which it settled out pretty much to stock ride height, otherwise known as pretty darn low. The XHD's are made in mexico, and seem to sag quite a bit once they're "broken in."

Well called ESPO,nice lady on the phone,I can get 1 inch over stock height for 255 USD why the hell can I not get them here.

Well called ESPO,nice lady on the phone,I can get 1 inch over stock height for 255 USD why the hell can I not get them here.

that lady knows her **** too.. very good customer service..

all three of these have +1" espo springs on them..

DSCN6544.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

The XHD springs will give you the height you want.Call the biggest dealer close to you,maybe they will help you with ordering the XHD springs.Here,s the part #,s for 64-75 A-body
Left spring #P4510269
Right spring #P4510268

These numbers are from the Mopar Performance Cataloge

The XHD springs will give you the height you want.Call the biggest dealer close to you,maybe they will help you with ordering the XHD springs.Here,s the part #,s for 64-75 A-body
Left spring #P4510269
Right spring #P4510268

These numbers are from the Mopar Performance Cataloge

Thanks Scott got thoes numbers and they said no clue as to when they could get them,lol.

OK final update,call National Mopar in Beaverton Ontario Canada talk to Nigel he says sure I can help these springs are made in the U.S. good solid metal not Mexico metal.1 inch over stock for 469 bucks.Looks like that's the route I will go.Anyone with the 1 inch over stock on there 69 dart,what is the measurement from the ground to the lip mine is 22 1/4 now.itssss low.what is yours.

Anyone with the 1 inch over stock on there 69 dart,what is the measurement from the ground to the lip mine is 22 1/4 now.itssss low.what is yours

can't go by that. different height tires will throw that measurement off.

As alwayssss your right Joe,ok 235 -60-14

measure from the upper lip of the rim to the wheel lip.. that should give ya a good idea. make sure the guys that your comparing it to also have 14" rims ..

the three cars i have pictured above all have 14" rims. so maybe that can give ya an idea. look at where the rim ends compared to where the wheel well starts.. all three cars have the espo +1" springs.

a 235/60-14 is a pretty shortl tire. whats it a hair over 25" tall? not sure how high the car is gonna sit even with +1" springs.

I'm running the xhd mopar springs,numbers you listed,they where about 1" to high for me, i drilled new holes in the front hanger,it dropped the body down approx 1", changed the pinion angle as well. Note,frt spring holes/bolt size on the mopar xhd springs are 5/8",orig springs are smaller,you'll need new bolts and enlarger factory hanger holes to fit.

Here's a couple of pic's,(car has 255-60-15 tires) , the one with out the stripe on the car is new xhd springs in factory hanger holes etc, second pic is with xhd springs and new holes drilled in front hanger. The springs have been in the car for awhile and havent sagged/changed height at all.

Attachments

• DSCN0022.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 1,487
  • DSCN0032.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 1,440
I'm running the xhd mopar springs,numbers you listed,they where about 1" to high for me, i drilled new holes in the front hanger,it dropped the body down approx 1", changed the pinion angle as well. Note,frt spring holes/bolt size on the mopar xhd springs are 5/8",orig springs are smaller,you'll need new bolts and enlarger factory hanger holes to fit.

Here's a couple of pic's,(car has 255-60-15 tires) , the one with out the stripe on the car is new xhd springs in factory hanger holes etc, second pic is with xhd springs and new holes drilled in front hanger. The springs have been in the car for awhile and havent sagged/changed height at all.

Thanks nice car I do like the way it sits in the first pic,so your xhd are at the stock height right.I was thinking asking for 1 Inch over stock height but that could be too high,am I right.

I personally wouldnt go any more than the height in the first pic (Xhd springs installed factory location etc) car does have a 255/60-15 tire (26" tall) so makes a difference ,depends on your rear tire size/height might look odd if rear to high and tires shorter.
The Xhd Mopar springs are like the Espo +1 from what I have found. I paid $169.00 each thru my local dealer 2yrs ago,took a week to get them.

I personally wouldnt go any more than the height in the first pic (Xhd springs installed factory location etc) car does have a 255/60-15 tire (26" tall) so makes a difference ,depends on your rear tire size/height might look odd if rear to high and tires shorter.
The Xhd Mopar springs are like the Espo +1 from what I have found. I paid $169.00 each thru my local dealer 2yrs ago,took a week to get them.

Thanksssssss you and Joe have been a big help.

What size torsion bars would a guy use with the XHD springs with a small block? .890 or .920?

Snake,
I have Super Stock springs on my 69 and the car sits pretty level. It's a HAIR higher on the pass side, but not enough to notice.
If the spring deal is too much of a pain in the ***, just use a 1" longer shackel. I bought the long ones with 3 different location holes, and I cut the rest off below the hole I was using.
Lotta experts here might not agree with me, but they're cheap, adjustable and readily available with LOW shipping costs even to Canada on eBay, and can be installed by yourself in 30 minutes.
I wouldn't hesitate (and haven't) putting a set on my own car. It also gives the car that 60's look.
Spend your money wisely my friend.

George

-
Back