XV Motorsports Looking For 67-76 A-Bodies For New Brake Package

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just received an email from XV Motorsports (Irvington, NY) saying they are looking for '67-'76 A-Body owners to evaluate their new brake package.
Here's the email:

XV Motorsports is about to introduce an upgraded version of our Level I brake package, that will work on A, B and E body Mopars. Our new package uses upgraded calipers, rotors and will offer more than one pad compound.

Wed like to get one or two cars here for some testing to document the improvement over factory brakes and use this information in an article.

If your car is chosen, we will provide free installation and dial in of the brake package which you must purchase. Pricing on the new kit will be very close to our existing Level I Brake package. We will also be testing with multiple pad compounds for street and track applications.

The car will need at least 17 wheels to clear the brakes. If you need to upgrade the wheels and tires we will offer a discounted wheel and tire package utilizing either our new XV wheels, or others we have access to that will properly fit the brakes and car.

Heres what we need:

A-Body 67-76
B-Body 66-72
E-Body 70-74
Car must be mechanically sound, running well and presentable cosmetically. We will be doing base line and post install hard braking tests.
Car must have factory brakes preferably front disc / rear drum with vacuum boost in good working order.
Car must be delivered and picked up to XV in Irvington, NY at owners expense. We may be able to do local pickup at no cost.

This is an opportunity to get some pretty trick pieces installed on your car for free and likely get your car in an article and on our web site as well.

If you are interested in participating you can respond to this email, or call us at 914-693-1122 and ask for Peter.

You can check out our existing Level I Brake Package on our website http://www.xvmotorsports.com/products/category/index.cfm?cid=127&lvl=2.

XV Motorsports
Two Bridge Street
Irvington, NY 10533
Call: 914-693-7400

Give them a call if interested

Looks like they want us to be the R&D department. And you have to pay for the package, Really? I call BS on this one...

John B.

Free install after you pay retail for parts? Then they beat the crap out of your car to test their stuff. I'm thinking the least they could do is give you the parts and installation for the opportunity to have your car and beat on it for who knows how long.

Lets see, I gotta buy the parts, your cars has to have at least 17" wheels that I have to buy, you beat the $hit out of my car, And I'll bet I have to sign a disclaimer saying that they are not liable for mechanical or body damage. MAN, WHERE DO I SIGN UP FOR THIS ONE!

Same old same old from them. They offered the same thing for other parts in the past. Should get the parts and install for free if your car is being used as a gunnia pig.

I didn't realize xv was still around. Haven't heard crap from or about them in a long *** time.

I ahve to agree. No way would I volunteer my car for testing AND pay for parts etc.

They need to pull thier heads out of the sand...

Gee, maybe I should ship my Dart up there since I haven't changed my pads or shoes since I bought it 10 years ago.
I wonder how much this 'brake job' will cost me??

I just checked their website....$ 2600 for front and rear disc brake set-up.

I think I'll keep my stock set-up.

You would think they would pick up a test car to try out there stuff on. $2600 for brakes? What do they think we are E body guys? LOL

You would think they would pick up a test car to try out there stuff on. $2600 for brakes? What do they think we are E body guys? LOL

If they used their own car as the test car they wouldn't get to sell $2600.00 worth of parts.
Doing it their way is a win win situation for them because they can destroy a car they don't own.

I wasn't going to say anything so as to not offend a vendor or something but Y'all said what I was thinking.

If you are gonna spend that kind of money, those brakes better be friggin mercedes AMG 8 piston calipers with four sets of front brake pads on each wheel.
Just replaced a set myself, monsters.LOL.

It would not be such a bad deal if they offered the brakes for free to the guinea pig car but you would think with the amount of money they want they could afford to buy a beater A body or two to test their little mickey mouse brakes on.

Did you see how small those calipers were?????

Uh, I think someone has an expensive crack habit.

I think there was a post about this before and it went pretty much the same as this one is going....then a representative of the company chimes in and tell us what idiots we all are and how great their crap is.

Kinda like painless wiring, too much money for too little quality in a sea of better competition.

I'm serious....how do you get a hold of them? I have a 68 Formula S with a new stroker 416 with stock suspension and brakes. I am upgrading them this summer anyways. I have seen their stuff on TV and magazines for a couple of years and have drooled over them. I am sure they would cover what ever needed to be done with some of my $ input but I want anything they do. That orange Challenger I have seen the last couple years is awesome. My car is ready to be their lab!

I think XV anything is a waste of ****...RMS all the way....hands down, bar none...nuff said....good night :)

I like the coys wheels! Dont think Id go more than 17" rims ..starts to look donkish with really big rims.

".........Car must be delivered and picked up to XV in Irvington, NY at owners expense. We may be able to do local pickup at no cost. ...."

Wow, they MAY be able to do local pickup at NO COST. Extremely generous of them. Otherwise delivery to their door at owner's expense. What's the value of the "free install" they so generously offer? As if it's not something that could not be done oneself. So you end up with the chance for your car to be an advertisement for their product, with no real saving over buying the stuff and installing it yourself. Sheer arrogance.

I guess that's why they have been asking for volunteer's for so long. I pretty sure this "deal" has been floating around the web for awhile:dontknow:

-
Back