Reaction score
Thoughts ?
Y or N
On scoops ?

20221007_094501.jpg

20221007_093333.jpg

20221007_094451.jpg

20221007_093328.jpg

It would be easier if you made this a poll!

I mean, in general I like the dual scoops. I've got them on my car! That said, I think it kinda depends on the "look" you're going for. With a 4 door the "sleeper" look is pretty popular, and the scoops definitely aren't "sleeper"

But at the same time, you don't see a lot of scoops on 4 doors, so it would be a nice break from the standard sleeper looking 4 door. If you like 'em I say go for it! :thumbsup:

Hard to say without the rest of the trim like the grille and whatnot, but I think they'll look good. They're at least on the square body car like they came on, even if they never came on Valiants or four doors. I think they'll be cool.

Put it all back together first.

Then see what you think.

The other thing is, and there's no right answer for a Valiant, but where you put the scoops will definitely change the look. Right now you have them set wider and a little further back than they sat on the factory Dart hood for sure. Here's some references for the factory dual scoops and the blackout pattern on a Dart

Hood Scoop Mounting.jpg

hood paint reference.jpg

Now, there won't be any factory references for a Valiant hood, so you can do whatever you think looks best.

IMG_2521.jpeg

Nah, not on a more door "sleeper"!

Visors, white walls, and curb feelers. :eek:

The other thing is, and there's no right answer for a Valiant, but where you put the scoops will definitely change the look. Right now you have them set wider and a little further back than they sat on the factory Dart hood for sure. Here's some references for the factory dual scoops and the blackout pattern on a Dart

View attachment 1715995279

View attachment 1715995278

Now, there won't be any factory references for a Valiant hood, so you can do whatever you think looks best.

View attachment 1715995282

I absolutely HATE the location of the scoops on the '70-up Dart hood, but they really can't go anywhere else with the ridges. We put them out farther on my son's Dart to fit the '69 Super Bee air box, which we still haven't installed.

IMG_3389.jpg

Last edited:
I absolutely HATE the location of the scoops on the '70-up Dart hood, but they really can't go anywhere else with the ridges. We put them out farther on my son's Dart to fit the '69 Super Bee air box, which we still haven't installed/

View attachment 1715995327

On the square body cars I actually agree, I think it putting them a bit wider matches the B-Body look a bit closer.

I think with the square car and the flat hood the wider spacing looks better. On the Demons and Duster though the curvature of the body works better with thr narrow spacing, IMO anyway.

It’s your car do what you want and then drive it like you stole it.

It is your car, but since you asked, no. I have NOTHING against 4 door cars, but I don't usually like it when 'speed/performance' things like wings and hood scoops are put on them.

-
Back