Yawn, another iconic car ruined by an LS swap

-
Had 87 GN. Fast V6 streetcar.
If you don't mind replacing turbo bearing often...….
Terrible oiling design from the start

Just like all cars they definitely had shortcomings lol.... The return was OK but the feed needed some attention. The 109 block was a mass produced block by GM. Minimal headbolts, Powermaster that were mostly on borrowed time. Control arm bushing stood no chance on the Passenger side because of the downpipe....

My dad bleeds Mopar. Might as well stamp a Penestar on his forehead. But when I found him one of these cars and realized the potential of it he became a huge fan. He said it reminded him of street racing in the 70's when everybody thought they had things sorted out until a Buick GS showed up. Story varies and so it goes however the Turbo V6 wasn't the first time they spoiled more than one party....

JW

Fair enough.... Tell ya what Bob, since they are such junk find me a few to buy at a firesale price.

Sadly you are uneducated about the Buicks and that's OK too. Friend of mine is 6.0's

For many years they had an event at Englishtown Raceway that pitted the Fox against the Buicks. I call it like I see it and the Fords typically handled their business. It was undoubtedly something you were either into or not. Good times and would love to go back in time...

JW

Fair enough.... Tell ya what Bob, since they are such junk find me a few to buy at a firesale price.

Sadly you are uneducated about the Buicks and that's OK too. Friend of mine is 6.0's

For many years they had an event at Englishtown Raceway that pitted the Fox against the Buicks. I call it like I see it and the Fords typically handled their business. It was undoubtedly something you were either into or not. Good times and would love to go back in time...

JW
Find ur own junk , not intetrested !

not interested eoungh to argue this , they ran pretty good , but do the same to any car and the results would be the same or better.

the Darth Vader car of the mid-80's. I have a friend who had a GN, stunningly quick car........ in fact if you Google fastest production car in 1987.... The interior was garbage on those cars but when you consider the era, nice cars. And then they did the GNX. :thumbsup:
beauty-front-06.jpg

yes, the Hellcat wins..... and it should it's a new muscle car with a large V8, but the mid 80's GN with a V6 does keep up better than you might expect.

would I put a Hellcat engine in a GM? No. But thats what makes the car hobby so cool, someone somewhere will..... and did.

Find ur own junk , not intetrested !

not interested eoungh to argue this , they ran pretty good , but do the same to any car and the results would be the same or better.

Your right, there is no argument. John Wayne has a quote out there that explains all this..... Good luck......

JW

yes, the Hellcat wins..... and it should it's a new muscle car with a large V8, but the mid 80's GN with a V6 does keep up better than you might expect.

GN has nothing for a Hellcat. Even in the right hands it's not realistic. I would hope that in the end these guys got to laugh together. 2 Iconic car that are and were gamechangers. If money was no object both would be in my garage side by side.....

JW

GN has nothing for a Hellcat. Even in the right hands it's not realistic. I would hope that in the end these guys got to laugh together. 2 Iconic car that are and were gamechangers. If money was no object both would be in my garage side by side.....

JW

Gotta say, if money was no object , I`d have one of Ronnie Sox`s mopars in my garage , along w/ a redeye hellcat , v 6 buick probly not !

-
Back