Yeah Baby! Heads are almost done!

-

BigEdsGarage

Reaction score
Looks like my worked E-Heads will be done mid week. Already ported and flowed with honed guides and a dandy new valve job, just need cleaning and assembly. Cam will be spec'd and ground the following week. Looks like the old heap will be ready for action in early September! I am psyched, can't wait to see what the new combo will run. Lebanon Valley Mopar show is a definite this year.

I look at it this way, I missed most of the summer, but I gots me 4 months of surplus rubber to burn off before winter! :D

Tony, just updating my current 340, trying to hit high 11's with this thing. It still feels like a slug compared to the old 497' Runner but I like twisting the small block up a bit!

Brett, mine are ported and flowed [email protected]. I was not looking to go any bigger and am relying on a fast intake charge and good low lift port velocity to pick up the low end power. For my ET and MPH goals anything bigger would be overkill. Anything in the 260 range is more than plenty to run into the 11's without a radical combo, heck Stock Eliminator guys have factory head motors into the 10's and those things are flowing in the 220-230 range! I was going to go larger but decided against it since I have made that mistake before on other motors, and this way I can open them up if I get into a combo like yours where the higher flow numbers will help.

Ed if you need any help putting it all together let me know. :thumrigh:

Thanks Adam! I just might. Ya know, when I was younger everyone would always be hanging out, talking cars and itching to get dirty. Motor swaps were fun and gear oil all over your neck and in your hair was normal. Now as I get older the garage gets to be a lonely place, even the dog won't hang out with me anymore! LOL!

My e heads flowed 258 at .550 and I went 11.80's. Sounds like you are thinking it through well. The matching of all the parts is what counts. My 340 ran hard for what it was. Now I am in TOTAL overkill mode with this Indy set up but I never know when to quit. LOL It will probably never see the drag strip but the wow factor will be worth it to me. Plus it's not something everyone else is doing on the street or at the strip for that matter. I like to show the Cuda and plan on campaining some magazines once it comes out in Mopar Muscle.

hey ED wish you didnt live so far away i love to hang out in the garage and get dirty i guess I am just old school. I hang out at my buddies machine shop as much as I can and thats where build my motors at works out pretty good he only has about 40 years of engine building to pull from :D

Brett when does you ride come out in MM??

I love hanging out in the garage and getting dirty, if I lived nearby I'd be there :D I'm by myself here :cry:
Yea Brett when is your car coming out in the magazine.....so I can tell everyone that I got famous heads on my car :D :D

BigEdsGarage said:
even the dog won't hang out with me anymore! LOL!
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
If you lived closer you could hang out in my garage with me and get greasy!I'm out there just about every weekend. :D

I hear ya Ed. When I was younger 4-5 of us would be in MY DRIVEWAY thurs & fri nights till 2am or longer getting 2 cars ready for the track for Saturday runs. Still remember the feel and smell of 90wt. in my hair for hours, mixed with dirt and gravel. I look for help these days and I hear, are you crazy? Why are you still doing this. Its the old saying "If I have to explain it, You wouln't understand anyway". :scratch: :salut:

Me too, I wish I could do more hanging out in the garage but I don't get many opportunities.

I don't know when the Cuda hit's MM. Randy Bolig said he would email me and let me know.

-
Back