Year one 17 inch ralleys

-
Seriously? Nobody has put a set of year one 17" ralleys on a dart yet? (sigh)

I think those year one 17" wheels look retarded there are some really nice 17" out there including the mustang ones, but those year one productions are really far off from nice!

I think those year one 17" wheels look retarded.....

That is why they make 100's of wheel designs. Not everyone likes the same design and not all designs look good on every vehicle! I would not put them on my Dart or Duster, but I think they look right for my 71 B-body!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,124
Not a big fan of wagon wheels on a Dart......LOL

some pics of the ralleys

Attachments

• barracuda1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 876
  • aar2.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 879
  • 392840_573333756034528_53840141_n.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 831
  • 988292_179955362186887_1932411578_n.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 1,124
i think there nice for a modern take on the ralleys, nicer then the ones made a few years ago

Attachments

• 1175604_10151781254974334_2131917179_n.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 826
I think they look awesome. The haters can keep their 14's and whitewalls.

I dont have the Rallys your discussing but I do run 18x8 4.5"Bs rims on front and back of my 71" dart (which is a 0 offset if rim sizes confuse anyone). There is a little bit of room in the rear to the spring but I dont know if I could get any closer with the limited BS options. The rear to the fender is as tight as it could be. I cant get my fat finger between the two. The front could in my opninion come in a little bit but with the 4.5"BS I do not have any rubbing to the fender. My car is lower than most I see, and I run a front swarbar now which allowed me to lower the car another 1/2" more than what is the picture below.

This is before I installed my swarbar and lowered it a little more.
13745104213689591968374.jpg
What size tires are you running. That is the exact size rims I am looking at ordering. Hope to Run 235 40 18 in the front and 275 40 18 rear
ale-885-78512_cp.jpg

I like them on every E and B body I see. just don't know if I want to spend that much coin to find out they don't look right on a 69 dart

I like them on every E and B body I see. just don't know if I want to spend that much coin to find out they don't look right on a 69 dart

Forget looking right, they're not going to fit right. 17x8 and 4.5" of backspace will put you on the fenders on an A body. Maybe you could make it work with 225's and some negative camber, but it would be close. And if you're lowered it'd be even worse.

i have them on my duster they rub the top of the wheel opening on the front but that was solved by turning up the torsion bars and also as a preventative measure i moved up the support brace at the bottom of the fender. they look good but if year one made a small bolt or an a-body backspace version they'd make a killing because every where i go from school to car shows i get asked where they can be bought and if they come in small bolt

Attachments

• Photo0496.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 582
  • IMG_0910.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 546
I tried installing the Year one ralleys on a 68 dart and they did not fit with out rubbing and had to return them. But these are the things I learned:

The year one Ralley wheels are a 4.25" offset which is completely wrong for the A-body and I think maybe even for some B-Bodies.
The Dart A-Body back spacing needs to be 4.75" and that is only if the following is done:

You need to switch to the larger 5 x 4.5" bolt pattern but in order to do that correctly this is what I did.
I had a custom set of axles made for my 8-3/4" with the larger bolt pattern and cut to the stock length, I had to re-drill my 1-3/4" factory drums to maintain the stock A-body brakes because all the retro fit axles increase your track width by about 5/16"-3/8" per side due to the larger B body brake conversions.
In the front I installed a SSBC drum to disk conversion originally and found that The SSBC kit adds too much offset and there is no way you would get even a 4.75" offset to fit. I eventually switched to the Wilwood kit which only increases the front track width by 0.200" per side. But even with all this done I still wasn't able to get the Year one Ralleys to fit correctly. I noticed that Classic Industries has the same looking wheel with a 4.5" offset. does anyone know if they are the same wheel?

The reason I ask is because a 4.5" back spacing in the rear will work and machining .25" off the inside of the front might get you the clearance you need

Attachments

• image.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 396
Oddly enough, I remembered that I had a set of 17 inch rims from a '07 gt and the bolt pattern fits perfectly. Just need to do something about that center cap.

I appreciate your response Dano.

ian.

Wanted to put some of those on my Magnum but the backspace was not friendly.....

That is why they make 100's of wheel designs. Not everyone likes the same design and not all designs look good on every vehicle! I would not put them on my Dart or Duster, but I think they look right for my 71 B-body!

A Rose by any other name.... :p

There are a tight fit but the front disc brakes and rear end are out of a post '74 dart/duster.
17x8 front with 235/45-17, 17x8 rear with 245/50-17

Attachments

• '72 new wheels.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 429
  • '72 new wheels II.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 372
-
Back