Year One Blues!!!

-

ChazRam

1964 Valiant V200
Reaction score
Took off my old swinger emblems on the quarters of my 70 Swinger and was going to replace them with the BRAND NEW Year One replacements. THEY DONT FIT!! They are just 'this much' too small and dont line up with the originl holes. Since my car is already painted drilling new holes is not an option. This is really a bummer. Gotta find excellent used now so its back to the hunt. Just a warning, check things out and ask prior to buying to avoid what I ran into!!
Chas.

Chas, we had a similar experience. We took a file and took a little off the emblem studs and got them to fit. Darn shame to have to do that, though.
C

Have you contacted Year One?They have a No-Sweat Return Policy.You need your receipt and the part needs to be resell able.I purchased from parts from them, allowed quite a bit of time to elapse but still had no problem returning the parts.

I have found the Year One of late isn't the same Year One I restored my 70 Roadrunner with back in 88-90. It seems quality and fit have been replaced with greed and lack of expertise..........JMO

maybe try the paddock? Ive only ordered a few things from them but ive heard alot of other positive experiences....im sure someone else might have a little more info

Oh yea, we ordered the year one twin hood scoops, bezels, mounting hardware.....for my cousins 73 dart swinger project.....I was not at all impressed with the quality/fit/appearance for as much as the setup cost.

Be wary of Paddock also. Make sure they have it in stock before you order.
Three times They've had to back order. It takes for ever.
One was a Fish in a circle emblem for my Barracuda it took a while to get.
When I did get it after I called them on it. I check the part number they missed removing on the box it was a Year One part number.
The last one was a parking brake cable almost a year. I got PO'd and canceled it. Still haven't seen a refund.
So I guess they all have they're faults.

Good luck

-
Back