Year one or classic industries?

-

Sam_318

Reaction score
Anyone have the plug and play classic industries wiring? If so I would like some reedback. My 1969 valiant is missing the whole engine bay wiring. I have three harness that came with my duster that appear to fit. Alot of it is dry rotted I'm sure it's still usable but I think im just gonna buy new wiring. I see reviews of the year one h&m? I believe is the brand wiring but not really any of the classic industries wiring. Are they both from h&m? Only looking into the classic industries because it's advertised for a 1969 valiant. I can only find 1971 and up a body wiring from year one.
I appreciate any feedback fellas!

20230316_111506.jpg

Snapchat-36519322.jpg

Also look up Evans Wiring. They have been making Mopar harness for years.

Thanks gentlemen for the response but I am not looking to rewire the whole car. I picked this car up from ctc auto ranch. Roadkill filmed a episode there they picked up a barracuda. Anyways I'm not sure how long it was sitting out there but someone pulled the harness from firewall out. So I'm just looking to replace that, I also did the vermont loop hole with this car paid $236.50 to get a vermont title! Thank God valiants aren't too popular lol

There are a couple here on a wrecking yard in northern Colorado! A little far from you, BUT!

I have the Year One (M&H) engine/forward lamp harness in my '69 Valiant. It's of excellent quality and all the wiring is the exact gauge/length/color as original--it damned near installs itself. Everything works as it should and the FSM still applies 100%. I also bought every possible harness for my Challenger from Year One. Not inexpensive, but worth every penny.

Classic Industries buys all their Mopar harnesses from Year One, as does everyone else selling M&H's Chrysler harnesses. Year One owns all of the connector tooling--which is the original Chrysler tooling*--so M&H is forbidden from selling them to anyone else. That exclusivity contract is 30+ years old at this point. Classic's harnesses usually have a Year One warehouse tag still on them.

Get on Year One's e-mailing list. You'll receive a 30% off code in your e-mail within a week or two, and another one every second or third week thereafter. It's been that way for several years now.

*In the 1990s, Year One also had the original Chrysler E-body dash pad tooling. ABC Moparts has it now.

Classic Industries buys all their Mopar harnesses from Year One, as does everyone else selling M&H's Chrysler harnesses
I recently bought a distributer primary leads from classic ind and visible right under their sticker was the year one sticker.

Get on Year One's e-mailing list. You'll receive a 30% off code in your e-mail within a week or two, and another one every second or third week thereafter. It's been that way for several years now
Sure but almost every thing I want to buy is discount ineligible

Sure but almost every thing I want to buy is discount ineligible
But the wire harnesses are not discount exempt, and those are some pricey sumbitches. The Rallye dash harness for my Challenger was over $600. A tick over $400 would've been much easier to handle.
However, I didn't have to even do that. My car came with a Year One dash harness, new in the bag, for the '74 non-Rallye dash. YO had several backorders for that one, and a few Rallye harnesses on the shelf. They gave me credit for the one I had, including the 20% off the original purchaser had gotten, then sold me the new one under the 30% code I had. Not only did I end up with a $138 store credit, they sent a call tag to pick up the non-Rallye one. It literally cost me -$138 to get a normally-more-expensive harness. They were able to fill a months-old backorder and hook me up, so they made two customers happy.

I recently bought a distributer primary leads from classic ind and visible right under their sticker was the year one sticker.
Year One will not drop-ship the parts to other vendors that sell them. Everything passes through YO's facility, and all the bagging/tagging is done in the receiving department the minute the parts are unpacked. Those guys have no idea where the parts will land other than a warehouse shelf, so downstream vendors have to either remove or cover YO's warehousing decals themselves.

Now if we can only get year one to have a photo that is actually large enough to see what you are buying!

Now if we can only get year one to have a photo that is actually large enough to see what you are buying!
Year one's website is so outdated its ridiculous. I swear its running the same site from 20 years ago without any updates or maintenance. Another great vendor with the worst website is mancini racing. Same deal with them, miniature pictures, lacking search function and hard to navigate. I just dont get it.
To the OP, those repop harness are one of the few replacement parts that are just as good in quality as the originals. They fit like a glove and are made accurately. The engine harness is so reasonably priced that it makes no sense not to buy a new one. The dash harness on the other hand.....ouch$$.

Year one's website is so outdated its ridiculous. I swear its running the same site from 20 years ago without any updates or maintenance. Another great vendor with the worst website is mancini racing. Same deal with them, miniature pictures, lacking search function and hard to navigate. I just dont get it.
You'd have to know the guy in charge. He's a nice-enough guy, but has terrible business acumen and is in complete denial that there's any sort of problem with the website (or any other aspect of the company). He's surrounded by middle-management yes-men and cheerleaders with similar loose grasps of reality. It's literally a culture there.

If anyone decides to order on one of the 30% codes, be prepared for sticker shock on the shipping. Their shipping has always been higher than the balls on a giraffe (dating back to the early '90s) so it has nothing to do with the sales code.

Here's the workaround: Get your parts in the cart on their site and enter enough information to get the shipping amount. Go change into clean underwear--you'll **** yourself--then call them, part numbers and sales code in-hand. Tell the salesperson, "I was ready to submit an order online with this sales code, but something's wrong with the shipping calculator. The charge is outlandish for what I'm ordering." They are customer-service oriented to a fault--reread the bit about my dash harness in post #14--and they're not going to lose a sale over shipping. They are well aware it's way too high and they will lower it.
Also, insist on "UPS only" shipping--none of that "UPS Mail Innovations" or whatever they're calling the UPS/USPS hybrid shipping bullshty these days. Tracking is nightmarish and it's slow as hell (8 days longer in my experience). They're charging you based on straight UPS shipping costs, so demand they ship it straight UPS.

Anyone have the plug and play classic industries wiring? If so I would like some reedback. My 1969 valiant is missing the whole engine bay wiring. I have three harness that came with my duster that appear to fit. Alot of it is dry rotted I'm sure it's still usable but I think im just gonna buy new wiring. I see reviews of the year one h&m? I believe is the brand wiring but not really any of the classic industries wiring. Are they both from h&m? Only looking into the classic industries because it's advertised for a 1969 valiant. I can only find 1971 and up a body wiring from year one.
I appreciate any feedback fellas!

View attachment 1716064520

View attachment 1716064522
I get all my engine bay harnesses from evans wiring, that way I can tell them I want the better gauge wiring for the alternator or electronic ignition on my non electronic ign cars plus many other modification like A/C and headlight heavier gauge to I can pop on relays. no brainer for me and it fits like it was made for whatever year car I have even with the add ons, classic and year one just have stock wiring and at a higher price than evans.

I don't have personal experience with Evans, but a friend does. It was perfect. He dealt directly with the owners, and the price was the best he found. I don't know if it's concours correct, but it looks good and is functional. Their product line is limited, but it seems as if they have exactly what you need.
Good luck with your project!

Classic Industries buys the wiring harnesses from YearOne, which has the licensing rights to have M&H produce them.

Yearone has a sale.

Save up to 30% until midnight Saturday.

Enter promo code: UC4302

Call Yearone, they will send you an actual picture of the item you’ll be receiving. I’ve done it couple times.

-
Back