Year one

-

tomt966

Reaction score
I ordered some headlight bezels from Year One on Nov 7th. They told me they would be backordered until early Dec. That was fine. Today I got a postcard telling me they are still backordered and told me I could still wait or receive a refund. I'll wait. Nice that they keep me in the loop. Some companies would wait until you called them. Good people.

YearOne is a great company with great customer service (my opinion). Kevin King cares alot about his customers from what I have gathered.

not to mention they are always offering discounts and willing to work with folks on price matching and what not

i'll 2nd that
I ordered a few things for my dart threw Year one 2 parts ended up being back order but they always sent me up to date e-mails on my order and when one part came in the shipped it out instead of waiting for all of them to send out the whole order witch i thought was nice. In the end it only took a total of about 2 months to get all of my parts. Very happy with the service.

I had no BIG problems with them. It all worked out okay in the end, but they never told me that any of the parts would be backordered BEFORE I ordered, and I didn't find out until I received the first partial shipment. It was a couple months before I got everything, which to me isn't all that acceptable. If it had been summer I would have been pretty po'ed if I needed the parts soon. Also, the quality of a couple of the parts was WAY below what I would consider acceptable, and it cost me good $ to send them back. Live and learn. I may order from them again, but next time I will CALL in my order and ask specifically which parts are on backorder and decide on each. And even then, only with the 20% discount, at which only about 1/2 of their parts cost more than anywhere else. Without the 20% discount, I doubt if there is anything they have that is cheaper or the same price as anywhere else. Some of their items are 25%-30% higher than anywhere else (with no discount).

Just being realistic. Gotta love their catalog, selection and convenience though.

OH, I forgot the #1 thing that angered me about my order. They shipped sill plates together, so they got all scratched up. Nothing between them. Since the top one was scratched up badly as well, they were obviously stored like that before shipment, so they get all scratched. That was one of the parts that was sub-par quality anyway, so I had no problem returning them. Why would they not protect parts though? The box was wide open when it arrived due to there being only a few staples holding it closed, but everything was there.

OK, that got more negative than I intended, but... I don't know, there's good and bad with Year One, it's not all roses and rainbows and puppy dog tails ordering from them.

Here is a over and above story about Y-O. They had listed in the cat a hood ornament for a 65 plymouth B body. Now Y-O usually don't carry stuff for 65 and older. I ordered it and found out it was B-O. Every few months I would get a card to say It was still B-O and did I want to cancel? I didn't and it continued for 3 years. I still got cards and even phone calls and finally it showed up at my door. That is customer service. And you can e-mail or call Kevin any time and he always responds. His e-mail and phone# is in every catalog.

I call them Year-None because not once have they ever had anything in stock that they advertised in their catalog that I needed.
Everything has always been on back order with no guarantee when it would be coming in.

Seems like they just order takers and are at the mercy of their suppliers.

I usually call around and find the item from another vendor/ supplier.

Too bad Summit don't carry much brand specific parts because I have had nothing but great experiences with summit and they almost always have everything they advertise in stock.

I call them Year-None because not once have they ever had anything in stock that they advertised in their catalog that I needed.
Everything has always been on back order with no guarantee when it would be coming in.

Seems like they just order takers and are at the mercy of their suppliers.

I usually call around and find the item from another vendor/ supplier.

Too bad Summit don't carry much brand specific parts because I have had nothing but great experiences with summit and they almost always have everything they advertise in stock.

They got chevy stuff in stock.

They got chevy stuff in stock.

Yeah, they were a great source when they first started. They were hungry, and did only Mopars. I still have a copy of their first catalogs, kind of fun to look at and compare how the hobby has changed.

As far as I know, they have never made the first part, always sourced them, thus the higher price.

The final straw with me, was the outlandish shipping costs, and "matter of fact" attitude that if I didn't like it, so what. Just maybe, the tough economy has made them look in the mirror, thus the opening post.

-
Back