-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big squeeze

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1968 383 4-speed GTS..........Power drum brakes.......

Original motor is long gone..........It now has a high compression 514" 400 with cross bolt steel main caps, Bull Dog heads done by Dwayne Porter, custom ground Comp Cams camshaft spec'd by Dwayne Porter, M-1 single plane intake, heavily modified 1050 Dominator, Ram clutch, blow proof bellhousing, aluminum case Passon Hemi 4-speed crash box with syncho on 1st gear only, 4.10 Dana with spool, 6 point roll bar, frame connectors, drive shaft loop, fiberglass front fenders and front bumper...........Car weighs 3,615 with a full tank of fuel and my 200LBS in the seat........Car has an MSD 6AL under the battery tray with a blaster coil........Car idles pretty smooth and runs and drives great.......

The driver's side exhaust manifold is from LTD that I've modified........It didn't fit right so I cut the 2 1/2" pipe off and moved it so my exhaust would be able to go above the center link.......I also have an unmodified driver's side manifold off of a '69 383 Cuda..............It's got 3" exhaust with an X-pipe and Dynomax Ultra Flo's that are turned down at the rearend.......

This is a serious street/race car that looks like it could be a resto-geek's car to the casual observer.......It's NOT for your wife or an old, frail man to drive........This is a MAN's car.........

I have the original console with tach that have both been restored......I have all four full face hubcaps that were restored back in the early 90's, but one is banged up from coming off while driving it at the Mopar Nats, so it never got fixed and they never got put back on.......I also have another set of 4 good used full face hubcaps that are unrestored and go with the car............I have the original 23 spline trans and original bellhousing that go too.........The car has the original radiator in it that's been made into a high effeciency 4 row........Car has the original door panels and dash pad and it's not cracked......

Car has run 10.69 @ 127.6 @ 4,100 feet DA......This is a very nice car that I bought from the original owner in 1987 out of Brandenburg, Kentucky..........I did a ground up resto on it in the early 90's, so it's showing a little wear..........

Here's a link to a thread on Moparts about it; http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Racer&Number=5297283&fpart=&PHPSESSID==

Here's a link to Hemmings Muscle Machines where they did an article on it last year http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/2009/10/01/hmn_feature14.html

There's a lot of info in those two links about the car........... $49,500............ Consider possible partial trade..........Car is in Oologah, Oklahoma, which is about 25 minutes North of Tulsa.........I'm only selling to finance finishing my race car.......

If you're interested in the car but not the drivetrain, I have enough parts to build a pump gas 438" 383 and I could put the 23 spline back in there......I don't have the original 8 3/4 with 3.23 suregrip, but I could round one up and swap it out......I can also pull the roll bar out and replace the carpet, since it's got holes for the bar, install a new speaker shelf, and pull the subframe connectors off..........I'd do all that and keep the racey parts for $44,900............

The front bumper on it in the pic below is chrome painted fiberglass........I scratched it so now it's just painted silver........

5297283-IMG_0045.small.jpg

5297289-IMG_0049.small.jpg

5297294-IMG_0047.small.jpg

5297312-IMG_0048.small.jpg

5593882-IMG_1051small.jpg

still looking to sell this car........It's run 10.66 @ 127 so far with a street clutch.........With a Sof-Loc, it'll go 10.30-10.20's...........:afro:

I'm confused about the two prices. The way it appears to me from the description is, you're offering it as a roller for $45k?

I think what he is saying is……

$49,500 if you want it as is.

$44,900 if you want it with a street friendly drive train (pump gas 438, 23 spline 833, 3.23 8 3/4 suregrip)

I think what he is saying is:
--pump gas 438" 383
--23 spline (4 speed)
--8 3/4 with 3.23 suregrip,
--pull the roll bar out and replace the carpet
--install a new speaker shelf
--pull the subframe connectors off

Hey FormulaS340, this would be a sweet match to your Cuda, I would love to have them both :grin:

I'm confused about the two prices. The way it appears to me from the description is, you're offering it as a roller for $45k?

Like mentioned, I'll put together a really nice 438 street motor.......it'd easily cost 8K to replicate.......and would easily run 110-112MPH in the 1/4......:thumbup:

Thanks, guys......I love the car, but it's time to move on........:thumbup:

Do I read right that you have a spare left big block manifold? How much just for that? :D

Yes, same car........:supz: Do you have the video? If so, how'd you like it?

I'm moving on to some Brown Sugar......... http://smotherssupercars.com/brownsugar.html

First of all, Brown Sugar is pertty sick! That's the anit-sleeper. I dont suppose that's going to be driven to the track.

The Video is really good as a general refference. I bought it when I was having some problems tuning my Holley DP and it looked like it would be helpful for other stuff as well. The detonation and quench, degreeing cams, and adjusting valve sections sections were good. I would have liked more about chosing a cam in the camshaft secion since most people wont be buying custom ground cams. The audio on my DVD is the only real criticism that I have because its hard to make out everything you are saying. Watching the Dart pull some holeshots was the best part.

Do I read right that you have a spare left big block manifold? How much just for that? :D

I don't really have a spare.........The one on the car is a C-body that's had the flange cut off and a 2 1/2" pipe and exhaust flange welded on..........I have a '69 383 driver's side manifold that was on the car when I first put it together (it had headers when I bought it from the original owner who'd ditched the original manifolds when new).........

First of all, Brown Sugar is pertty sick! That's the anit-sleeper. I dont suppose that's going to be driven to the track.

The Video is really good as a general refference. I bought it when I was having some problems tuning my Holley DP and it looked like it would be helpful for other stuff as well. The detonation and quench, degreeing cams, and adjusting valve sections sections were good. I would have liked more about chosing a cam in the camshaft secion since most people wont be buying custom ground cams. The audio on my DVD is the only real criticism that I have because its hard to make out everything you are saying. Watching the Dart pull some holeshots was the best part.

Thanks..........No, the car won't be streetable after I get finished with it (it wasn't before either).......camshaft will wear out springs just racing it......and there's not much of a cooling system to save weight.....:wink:

Cool on the video......Yeah, I'd thought about spending some time on camshafts, but there is SO MUCH to that, I could have made a 160 minute video on JUST that and still not have covered everything.......There are just too many variables to be able to cover everything.....and one of the biggest variables is the owner......You can have 5 guys with the exact same motor, and they'll each need their own specific camshaft for what they want out of the car and their driving style........then you change the compression 3 points.......or intake manifolds.......or go to a larger header......or go from a low stall converter to a high stall........or even change the gear.......and the cam needs to be changed.......and it really doesn't cost that much more to have somebody like Dwayne Porter have a custom cam ground and drop shipped to you.......I've used him on at least 50 builds and EVERY motor has run EXACTLY like I'd hoped and expected........some even ran better.......IMHO, Porter is the Pimpetious Pimp Daddy of Pimping.......:afro:

Yeah, I spent over 10K making the video........took me 6 months to get ready to shoot it.......we shot it all in a day and a half.........then when we start going through it, we noticed the slight echo........My editing guy is VERY good at what he does but we just couldn't get it where we wanted........and I was out of money and over budget already........My thought was that as long as the info was good, people would still like it......:wink:.......I focused on the things that were eye opening when I figured them out.......Initial timing was one of the biggest for me........MAN, was I excited when I figured that out at 21 years old!!:D The info in that video is hard to find elsewhere, but since the internet is so huge now, you can find it, but you have to sift through all the crap that's out there too......:icon_smi:

My car is a perfect example........weighs over 3,500LBS.......idles extremely smooth......Dominator is dialed in to where it drives around like a two barrel.......No "bombidy, bombidy" crap........has power brakes......4-speed.......hardly anyone even looks at it when I first unload it..........Last time out, I made one pass and went 10.66 @ 127 and when I pull back into my spot, there are guys there waiting see what's under the hood.......when I pop the hood they look pretty confused!!! LOL.........then they ask how much I'm spraying it......when I tell them there is no nitrous on it, the REALLY look confused.......LOL......

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back