Yoke is a tough nut to crack!

-

1969ProDart

Reaction score
Trying to take off the pinion nut on my 8 3/4 742 chunk. Just for reassurance counter clockwise to remove right? Thanks.

Yea I have my dart sitting on the floor and Wants to go in reverse when I try to unbolt it. I'll give it another go tonight. Thanks everyone!

Yea I have my dart sitting on the floor and Wants to go in reverse when I try to unbolt it. I'll give it another go tonight. Thanks everyone!

Put a pipe wrench around the yoke, use a cheater pipe if necessary to let it rest on the floor. Then try and break it loose.

Sometimes a very large pipe wrench is enuff to hold the yoke,, or fab a tool like this..

Torque is 230 lb/ft to do it back up..

attachment.php

Sometimes a very large pipe wrench is enuff to hold the yoke,, or fab a tool like this..

Torque is 230 lb/ft to do it back up..

Yup, a tool like that is very handy. I made one to fit my 489 cases that actually bolts to the yoke.

Attachments

• Diff tool.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 155
i remember when i tightened the last pinion nut on my center chunk i had a 3/4 inch drive torque wrench with all of my 180 lbs (at that time) on the end. I ended up with a cheater bar to get the rest of the way.

-
Back