You get to choose my new cam - strip/street

-

340Duster247

Reaction score
Alright guys, were pretty sure I melted my cam on my newly built 340. I didn't like the old cam anyways. Gonna stick with hydralic flat tappit. My engine builder still has to tear it down to be a 100% sure, but I'm gonna get a jump on it and start asking you boys.

Here's the set up.

340 .40 over 10:1 compression
Air gap intake
Eddy heads rpm
Holley d/p 750
100 shot nitrous plate
3500-3800 stall / 727 trans
4.30 gear
315/60/15 tire 30x14

Lets here your thoughts.

You sure you don't wanna go solid flat tappet? Or do you not have enough spring?

Ever thought of going with a roller? They bring you into the power curve sooner and keep you there longer.

Yah I know , I was thinking about it but money is tight right now and my engine builder is gonna help me out. So pretty much I pay for cam and he will do it for free. So I don't wanna start changing everything and piss anyone off. The valve train and engine is brand new....
I would love to roller it but I'm a broke *** right now

After going through 3 cams and having to rebearing my engine I wish I would have installed a hydraulic roller like this one. [ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/LUNATI-318-340-360-MOPAR-CHRYSLER-270-278-VOODOO-HYD-ROLLER-CAM-CAMSHAFT-SK-KIT-/201046303909?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ecf4b24a5&vxp=mtr"]Lunati 318 340 360 Mopar Chrysler 270 278 Voodoo Hyd Roller Cam Camshaft SK Kit | eBay[/ame]

$T2eC16Z,!wwFJcS-LCYCBS,EOvu(i!~~60_12.JPG

There is not enough or any Zink in todays oils. You have to run a break in additive from now on or buy special oils or you WILL WIPE OUT YOUR CAMS.

You will also make way more power with a roller cam and is WAY CHEAPER in the long run and less aggravation

You want our help for the best cam and then restrict the best choices. That's about crapstix stupidness.

LOL! I tend to agree with this ^^ statement.

But, I guess if you're dead set on a hydraulic flat tappet cam, I'd probably recommend something like the big Lunati Voodoo 284/292...lines up (their recommendations) with your compression ratio, gearing, and stall RPM...and says it's good with nitrous above where you're wanting to use...otherwise, go custom.

But ain't that on a 110 LSA? Nitrous like 112 and even 114.

ooo-you're right! I'll confess to not paying due attention there...just saw in the description it said good for nitrous

Haha ok..ok sorry for limiting your options. I'm gonna keep the roller idea in mind. See if I can get a good hook up threw my parts guy. Just remember up here where I'm at parts get a lil more pricey then down there....;) anyways. My ears are open and I like the advice. Of course roller would be better

Ever thought of going custom? If you're planning to make this a dedicated nitrous engine, you might want to look into that.

...Why don't you call a regrind company and argue with them? They know best, err, you know best. Instead you ask questions and your telling us that our answers aren't what your looking for, gimme a break. Search the forum, this topic comes up every 12 seconds. Your Canadian, gotta pay to play!

28681-nicki-minaj-Hell-no-gif-LuBd.gif

Going roller cam you'll pay the same for an off the shelf cam as a custom grind cam. Going custom would allow you to get the cam for YOUR motor.

News flash. Comp xe 268 needs more than a stock converter. I dont care what Comp says. It does work well for the street.

-
Back