Comp XE275HL
Comp Thumpr
Lunati 60403
Hughes HEH2832AL
Howards 710461-10
Crane 15006
Isky 390181

eenie meanie miney moe.

News flash. Comp xe 268 needs more than a stock converter. I dont care what Comp says. It does work well for the street.

Exactly the card that came with mine called for a preferred stall of 3000rpm , Comp lists it as a 340-360 cam with a noticeable idle in a 318 -this was an understatement - they also say it is " The largest cam for a stock stall converter " in the promo part of their site , no where do they list this as being a grind for stock 273 -318 , all that said the nitrous throws the wrench into most of the off the shelf cams listed due to the already stated lack of LSA .Get a custom grind or go roller , I love the roller in my stroker but it's too much for your application .

I bought a 2500 Coan for it and should have went with 3000. Only has 600 miles on it, there's always the for sale forum.

I've got an 11" 3000 in the 727 I was using with that motor , want to trade lol , darn shipping would probably cost more than they're both worth eh ! Back to the OP , any decision yet ?

Go solid flat tappet, Comp XS282S is a great grind!

Ignore the "nitrous cam" talk I have a NA minded cam that according to Monte Smith will have no problem eating the up to 300hp my plate would easily flow.

Sure, any cam will work, but nitrous and forced induction respond better with wider LSAs. It's no secret.

I wouldnt worry about an lsa of 110 either,if you drive the thing on the street at all build it for max power n/a and then spray it.The difference is minimal unless its a full blown race effort with big spray,if you have ever driven a nitrous built engine they are a dog on the street.

Sure, any cam will work, but nitrous and forced induction respond better with wider LSAs. It's no secret.

I didn't say any cam will work but let's be rational with this. A guy planning to slam an .063 jet in his cheater or big shot plate isn't what I'd consider a nitrous car. The cam I recommended dropped 1.2 seconds on a rich .063 tune up (my combo then was very similar to the OP's so I'm not blowing smoke). Had more in it but didn't chase it much. And there is a point where the wider LSA can hinder things. Actual valve events are key. Open up early to cram more in. It's a huge discussion with lots of answers that aren't right or wrong lol.

Lead69 has a point. Did a nitrous minded BBC, went 12.40 NA but on a 200 hit would run 9.70's lmao. It felt so dumb on motor

Haha wow!! I leave this three for a couple days and gets blasted. Anyways about that 268 cam I was just reading what the damn catalog and details said.

60404 and the 60405 lunati cams seems fitting to my combo.
Anyone used them ?

What happened to the old cam? Why did it fail?

I just dropped the engine off to builder. He is gonna open her up and let me know what happened. We're not 100% it's the cam but he is confident it is.
I just flashed it up one morning and it sounded bad. Checked oilfilter and had metal filings in it.

Exactly the card that came with mine called for a preferred stall of 3000rpm , Comp lists it as a 340-360 cam with a noticeable idle in a 318 -this was an understatement - they also say it is " The largest cam for a stock stall converter " in the promo part of their site , no where do they list this as being a grind for stock 273 -318 , all that said the nitrous throws the wrench into most of the off the shelf cams listed due to the already stated lack of LSA .Get a custom grind or go roller , I love the roller in my stroker but it's too much for your application .

Hhmmmm this is strait from comp
"HYDRAULIC: Great for street machines, largest cam for stock converter, 273-318 works best with 2000 stall."

This is also from comp about the 268:

"Hydraulic-replacement for HP 340 & 360 4bbl motors, Noticible idle in 318, works with 3.23-3.55 gears, dual exhaust & 9:1 comp."

1400-2400 converter.

Straight from CamQuest and you'll see I'm not lying, like you think we all are doing.

Huh I never said your lying I'm just posting what I read.
Dosent that still seem small if I'm running a 3800 stall and 4:30 gear

Haha wow!! I leave this three for a couple days and gets blasted. Anyways about that 268 cam I was just reading what the damn catalog and details said. 60404 and the 60405 lunati cams seems fitting to my combo. Anyone used them ?

Hmmm weird...the 60405 is the one I referenced before...

Although, I tend to agree with poison's suggestion...call up a custom grinder if you want to get the most out of it. Take all things into consideration...how much strip use will it actually see? Is this a dedicated nitrous engine? Etc., etc...there have been several good folks in here making good points about cam choices for you combo, you just have to be frank and realistic with your choice. Something like the lunati/comp magnum or xe cam will run great, but won't get every last ounce out of a nitrous combo while the wide LSA cams for nitrous will tame the manners and make it feel a little less powerful comparatively (until you crack the solenoids).

One thing's for sure. You'll get absolutely ZERO done arguing back and forth about it on a forum.

-
Back