You know when you're getting old when.....

-

Cranky

One of the banned Henchmen from FBBO
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
your farts start sounding like your dad's did!

you don't drive like you did as a teenager.

you don't mind kicking back in the recliner instead of being out in the shop when it's 100 degrees out. And feel free to ad to this.

When you hurt in places you forgot you had! And I resemble all of the above remarks. LMAO

The kicking back in the recliner fits me only it 115 in the shop

The kicking back in the recliner fits me only it 115 in the shop
What's your humidity where you are and how old are you? Only 86 here right now but with 76%, it's not feeling all that good already. 100 degree days kicks my butt...I'm 72

My Father gave me some wonderful advice when I turned 40

He said to me "Jimmy...Never waste a boner. And never trust a fart. Welcome to midlife"

I'll never forget that. Words to live by

What's your humidity where you are and how old are you? Only 86 here right now but with 76%, it's not feeling all that good already. 100 degree days kicks my butt...I'm 72
Nice mild morning here, so far (8.45). Only high 90s f, 34% h, in the shade on the back porch, and still only 89° in the shop. Problem is, its more fun playing with the dogs than working on the car, and it is gonna get hotter!

....the hardest thing you did today was retrieve the tool you dropped that rolled under the work bench.

....the hardest thing you did today was retrieve the tool you dropped that rolled under the work bench.
Doesn't even have to roll under anything....these days it's getting harder to just pick up something from the floor!

walk into the house from the garage to get a tool. get a glass of water and go back out to the garage. remember you wanted a tool from the house. walking back to the house, you need to go to the bathroom. finish up and go back out to the garage. remember you wanted a tool from the house. and my wife wonders why I don't want to go out walking with her when she gets home from work. PS, I have pencil and paper in the gargae to write notes, if I remember where I put it.

Yes this is true but you know if it hits the floor its got to roll under something then all the way back to the wall. There is some kind of invisible force pulling stuff under.

you have three layers deep of parts on each wall of the garage and the part you need is in the first row and at the bottom. to far in to reach and deep so if you would try to get it, there goes the back!

Doesn't even have to roll under anything....these days it's getting harder to just pick up something from the floor!
I've been keeping one of these magnetic, flexible, pick up tools on top of my tool box, whenever i drop something on the floor and don't want to bend down and pick it up.
As long as it's magnetic, and something the magnet is strong enough to pick up.
Figure I'm working smarter, in my old age. (70) lol

Magnetic pick up tool.png

When you go shopping and you have to Pee before starting then you have to Pee before you leave because you know you can't make it home before you have to Pee again.

-
Back