you put a Boss 429 in that?

-
Lol, it ain't my cup of tea, but the craftsmanship looks pretty darn good.

175k good, IDK.

All I can say is they musta wanted a "Hemi" awful bad to use the 4 Lettered F-Word to get it! But it is a Ranchero after all.......

Yeah craftsmanship is good but that is one homely car---Fuggly!!!
Thunderbolt, Fairlane, Falcon, Galaxy, Stang yes but not a late model ranchero.
Just think of the Mopes ya could have for that kinda money.

You shittin me, I chubbed up just lookin at the pictures.
640 CUBIC INCH and 920HP.......Yaaaah Baby!!!!!

Wouldn't be my first choice to build but sweet and well done.

Attachments

• 00000_35AbEso4DyV_600x450.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 448
  • 00606_eYC6e9afRpk_600x450.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 492
Question, See the Pipe going from what looks like the passenger side head to what maybe be the drivers side head, and it kinda comes off as a cross-over coolant pipe? Am I right? What the hell is that?

attachment.php

That's the upper radiator hose.

Question, See the Pipe going from what looks like the passenger side head to what maybe be the drivers side head, and it kinda comes off as a cross-over coolant pipe? Am I right? What the hell is that?

Sure looks like it, Bob. Like it needs it. lol

50K of it is just the engine.

so without the engine your paying 125k for a Ranchero ? that must be Ford logic eh ! heard they were gonna raffle it off , second prize is 3 of em .

What does all that billet cost? It caint be cheap. I sure aint sayin it's worth 175K, but damn, it would cost like hell to duplicate it.

It's funny. If this was a Mopar, yall would be slobbin the guy's knob over how cool it is.

I gotta say, for the most part that thing looks absolutely incredible.
But take a good long look at the independent rear suspension. What am I missing?
It looks as if it's only a lower A arm, with no upper. Look where the axle appears to meet the hub, it only appears to be supported by 1/4" plate from the lower arm, maybe there's a strut bar we can't see,but even if there is the suspension and wheel would travel an arc like an old VW. I can't believe it wouldn't be a parallelogram type arrangement without both an upper and lower A arm.
It sure as hell doesn't look like it would handle 900HP used in anger (not with that much tire).
Just because we can fabricate doesn't make us engineers.
Maybe I'm just blind?

It does have FOUR coil overs on the rear. I would suspect that'd do it, but I am no fabricator. There's probably more there than we can see I am sure.

That's the upper radiator hose.

Holy ****! Upper radiator hose? Connected to both heads like that? I know a little on the ole 429 Boss but this got me, they wanted some serious cooling effects on the head area! As I don't recall it being like that on other 429's I've seen.....

Granted yes, it is a Ford, BUT, its also a Hemispherical, Ford, which, I have a tendency to like anyway... "Hemi" I'm all over it, LOL

I like all Hemi's my friends, But when it comes down to it, Mopar Hemis are the ones I choose!

Sure I'm droolin, over the motor alone (The rest of the car, really, I could do without) BUT it was done well for a Ferd, I love the fact it was done so well with the simulated wood-grain sides panels.... thats not seen much anymore these days and they normally remove such originality anyway!

Yes, the Country Squire wagons were rare enough, much less a Squire Ranchero. I like the woodgrain too. Harkens back to a simpler time.

-
Back