You suppose to be driving a chevy dude

-
That would p me off . I thank you should tell the next person that they should be driving a pink vw with flowers and peace signs on it lol

Ignorance of course. My Demon was called a Nova many times. Now, I just agree and smile. Some people just don't get it. :eek:)

When the dude in the camaro comments about my MOPAR i just say "hey thats a nice bellybutton you have there".. LOL

Should I mention my buddy Herb Pearson here?? Yea, he's a black guy too...oh, and he just happens to own about 40 Mopars...Hemi GTX, Little Red's, Trail Dusters, about a dozen 67-69 Cudas, a really cool little 66 Dart wagon, a 340 71 Cuda, 3 fender tag car..on and on!! Nobody cares what color he is, he's a Mopar guy!!

What should the color of someones skin have to do with the kind of car they drive?? My new rule...Ignorant people can't own Mopars..Period. And they can't work at auto parts stores where Mopar parts are sold either!!

Oh, and Herbie worked at the Chrysler Proving Grounds for over 30 years, tweaking on all of our beloved Mopar iron of the 60's and 70's!!

Sorry you had to endure such ignorance there Memphis, just keep on your path and we'll have your back!! Geof

And that's exactly what he said: I thought you were going to say 72 Nova or Impala, not Dart.

Hey man Im not going to sit here and tell you how to be. BUT, if it were me, (ill start this by saying im a white guy so I cant say for sure how that situation made you feel) BUT, I would tell that guy at Autozone how you feel. Ask him WHY he thinks you would be in an Impala or Nova. Ask WHY he thinks he knows more about you than you do.

People need to be called out on this stuff. Too many times I hear stories like that and I cringe every single time. I literally dont have the sack to say something like that to someone I know absolutely nothing about. Just irritates the crap out of me....

what an ***. i guess thats not any better than having my duster called a nova every other day and some fool asking me whats in it when there are 360 callouts smeared on the quarters and 360 four barrel emblems on the scoop.

My favorite is when me and my dad were driving his 1968 Charger R/T through the publix parkin lot and a guy will walk up and start tellin us about how his dad had a 1968 Challeger R/T back in the day that looked exactly like it.

And I am sittin there thinking that this guy can't read. It only says CHARGER on both C pillars, the rear between the tail lights, and on the headlight door and it is all in rather large script. I was also wondering how his dad had a Challenger R/T back in 1968.

Attachments

• Dads Charger 2.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 159
And i could remember being in my 65 Barracuda in Vegas, someone telling me his dad had one just like it new with a Hemi straight from the factory, I asked if it was bought from Charlie and the chocolate factory.

I'm still no purist

My 70 SCJ Torino Cobra drag pack car used to get called a Mustang all the time and it said FORD Torino Cobra on it.

I like the 429 emblems on it and the four speed on the inside "What motor and trans" I would get asked that all the time.

I do not like classic muscle cars with 20s on them just doesnt belong. Its like waking up to a crack head you met the night before in Vegas that goes by the name Bill Bob :glasses7:

My wife of all people reminded my of one of my favorite actors and his Mopar...

Attachments

• garycharger.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 162
two things wrong with that pic and that is one: auto zone usually hires Idiots and two: you were being sterotyped.

Me and my cousin both applied at auto zone at different times and didnt get in because neither one of us speak spainish.

They would rather hire a warm body that speaks spainish and knows nothing about cars than two people who dont speak spainish, but come from a heavy automotive backgrounds.

and two: your stereotyped, they were expecting the donk or lowrider.

Happens to me and my cousin Ranidart70 all the time because we are from India, so nobody ever expects us to show up cruising around in our darts that we build ourselves......either way high five on the diversity in this hobby.

what an ***. i guess thats not any better than having my duster called a nova every other day and some fool asking me whats in it when there are 360 callouts smeared on the quarters and 360 four barrel emblems

Yeah I know what your talking about. My daughter and I were doing some spring cleaning in the garage a while back and had her 74 Challenger sitting out in the drive way. Guy stops and wants to know if the Camaro is forsale. Now mind you he was standing right in front of the badge on the quarter that says CHALLENGER :violent1:

Ignorance of course. My Demon was called a Nova many times. Now, I just agree and smile. Some people just don't get it. :eek:)

Yep... I've gotten the "Nice Nova" comment, too. lol

In fact, a couple of weeks ago up in Forsyth, Ga. a guy with his son, or possibly grandson,
approached and said just that:

He asked, "Nice Nova. What model and year is that"?

I replied, "Swinger, 71".

He responded , "Great looking car".

I thanked him, and they moved on. lol

My wife asked me why I didn't tell him what it was, I said, "I did".

Yep... I've gotten the "Nice Nova" comment, too. lol

In fact, a couple of weeks ago up in Forsyth, Ga. a guy with his son, or possibly grandson,
approached and said just that:

He asked, "Nice Nova. What model and year is that"?

I replied, "Swinger, 71".

He responded , "Great looking car".

I thanked him, and they moved on. lol

My wife asked me why I didn't tell him what it was, I said, "I did".

chevys are like horse **** or assholes, their everywhere.
reminds me of an old song saying, I DON`T WANTA BE LIKE YOU.

My favorite is when me and my dad were driving his 1968 Charger R/T through the publix parkin lot and a guy will walk up and start tellin us about how his dad had a 1968 Challeger R/T back in the day that looked exactly like it.

And I am sittin there thinking that this guy can't read. It only says CHARGER on both C pillars, the rear between the tail lights, and on the headlight door and it is all in rather large script. I was also wondering how his dad had a Challenger R/T back in 1968.

nice 68 challenger lol

you guys should put a black 68 belt on that car, it would look even sweeter

Tell 'em to Google Stone, Woods & Cook sometime. These guys raced back when the KKK went out in public

http://www.stonewoodsandcook.com/

635614-swc.jpg

heres a couple more..Big Willie recently passed RIP

Attachments

• zxz719.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 90
  • zxz720.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 89
Come on Frankie that comment was as stereotype statement as they come,i commend you for letting him slide due to his ignorance. No matter what we read or are told there are still prejudiced folks in this country and stereotypeing is every where, don't know how many times folks poke fun at me be'in a redneck an how wer'all inbread an we cain't spell, emagine that.

You get that too.I was born and raised in Ocoee.

-
Back