You wish....

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Screenshot_20221220_154945_Chrome.jpg

I've done that, put a 429 cobra jet in a rusted out bronco, intake, carb, cam and header mods. started a burnout in water, hit dry pavement and bam, twisted drive shaft! The drive shaft shop was impressed! Didn't wish for it.

years ago my friend also did this in a 73 Bronco, trying to power out of a ditch

First twisted shaft I ever saw was at the old Deer Park dragstrip N of Spokane in the mid '60s. A 56 Chev wagon "modified production" I think it was a 327. He was fighting high end miss, and after a run, there was a quiet lull. What we heard and could not see, was an illegal short run back on the return road, he got on it in 1st and 2nd and suddenly sounded like a missed shift. Later, they came back towing the car, one of the guys "triumphantly" holding the twisted off shaft stub out the window.

I believe this was Kent or Hank Arons / Aarons from somewhere in WA state, if anybody knew them

Hey, @pishta, do you think that is a picture of a DS that was really twisted in a car? It looks too perfectly straight to me.

My buddy did that with his Dart. 408 500Hp 4 speed. Came out of the car show and hit it and bent the shaft going into second. The one he has now won't bend guaranteed

My buddy did that with his Dart. 408 500Hp 4 speed. Came out of the car show and hit it and bent the shaft going into second. The one he has now won't bend guaranteed
makes you wonder what will break next now

i think the driveshaft would make a good "safety link" , something designed to fail so that the more expensive, or harder to fix will live another day

case and point...this is my duster with a 408, 727, decent driveshaft and whats left of a 7.25

20151004_174529.jpg

Saw that in a 75 ford 1 ton duely boss had gripper tires on it backed on to the construction site to unload 2 yards of sand. Truck sank in the soft ground and stalled,ole Rudi wound that 390 4 barrel up let the clutch out truck humped up like a jackass eating thistles and bang. The yoke came flying out from under truck. Good thing no one was standing near

-
Back