you won't freakin believe this!!

-

BARRACUDA340S

Reaction score
I went out to the garage to put the street tires back on. I went to look things over and the center section was pointing upward :shock: So I checked the U bolt's and they were tight but the perch wasn't sitting flat? So I looked a little closer and my buddy said the perches were bent. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Sure enough they resemble a half circle now. It also bent my cal-trac bottom hanger's where the U bolts tighten down. I couldn't believe it. I tightened and TQ's the U bolt's before I left so I know they were tight. Now the rear's gotta come out and I have to weld new perches on. I need to find some stronger one's.

It get's better!

I went to put the street tires on and the lug's wouldn't go in for some reason. After fighting it for a few minutes I took the wheel off and checked the stud's. Yep,, I bent all of them on both sides. These were 1/2" studs. What a mess! I am done for the year!! and done racing. I was one run away from disaster. :eek:ops:

I'm gonna get the paint fixed and put her on block's till spring.

Sum Bich got some power though :thumrigh:

Brett I have a nice mild 340 that wont break your car apart like that. Wanna trade ? :D

I will get pics for you guy's tues. I should have done it today :roll: :roll:

I'll call Scotty and see if he got the video I sent him. It launches hard.

Maybe it's time to ditch the leaf spring setup and go to a 4-link with coilovers. :scratch: That would make a nice winter project for you. :D

are you going to contact Moser hard to believe that id bent the perches. Didnt they come from Moser on that Dana or did you have to add the perches?

Barracuda340S, first of all I'm mesmerized by your avatar. I can't even think straight now, what the heck happened around here? Jebus, I need a cold shower now.

Whew, ok down to biddness. You need to brace the perches with the CalTracs on high horsepower applications. 1/4" thick steel plate used to box in the rear section of the perch should do you fine. I'm also considering, as you may want to, 5/8" wheel studs.

Now about that avatar, where did you get it?

-
Back