Young gun in Tampa

-

TT'74

Reaction score
Hey guys, new here but had my '74 for about 3 years now. The car started out factory a/c, power steering, front disks, vinyl top, bench seat, /6, auto car. Since I've had it I've removed the /6 replaced it with a '94 5.2l + performance ECM. 904 is gone, stock 727 in it's place. 7.25 surrendered to the 5.2 so now has a 3.55 open 8.25. Spent all last year converting from power to manual steering, from clutch to electric fan, removed front bench fabbed brackets and installed buckets. Ohhh, and built my own twin turbo setup for the engine. I'm a full time college student so things get down when time and money permit them to. Excited to be on here and I'll throw some pics up soon.

nice to see another young guy (im 19) on here and loving the mopars:-D....post some pics of her as soon as you can...this is definatly the best online mopar community you will find on the web...great bunch of guys her

Welcome TT'74 , Glad to have you here with us and see more young guns
keeping the torch burning,:cheers: We have some of the best of the best tec's here ready to help and allot of great folks too.
Wow :clock:Tamp stadium I think 1974 I seen Pink F. There Animals tour.
Well Jump on in and enjoy TT'74, Looking forward to your post's

Welcome! Sounds like a great project! Really looking forward to seeing the pics when you get a chance. Enjoy the site and keep us posted on the progress!!

Shitty sell picture of the Turbos will work on a better one.
TTdone.jpg

Driverside.jpg

Passfront.jpg

tailend.jpg

Bucket Seats installed. They still need reupholstered.
P1010193-1.jpg

Floor shifter out of a '97 lebaron, console from a '65 dart.
P1010195-1.jpg

wow man awesome job with the turbos....may I ask what turbos are they, how much boost your running, and is it fast? (lol well its a mopar it obviously is fast just asking how fast)

wow man awesome job with the turbos....may I ask what turbos are they, how much boost your running, and is it fast? (lol well its a mopar it obviously is fast just asking how fast)

The turbos are old ford 2.3 turbo coupe turbos and it's only running 6lbs right now. As far as how fast it is, I haven't made it to the track yet. Right now I'm getting alot of rear end wind up and peglegging it. next on the list is a locker and an adjustable pinion snubber.

The turbos are old ford 2.3 turbo coupe turbos and it's only running 6lbs right now. As far as how fast it is, I haven't made it to the track yet. Right now I'm getting alot of rear end wind up and peglegging it. next on the list is a locker and an adjustable pinion snubber.

cool man...how hard was it plumbing all that, and if you dont mind me asking how much did the whole setup cost you? can you run higher than 6 pounds with those turbos? the snubber and locker will definatly help your traction issues...stock leafs in the back or SS?

The whole turbo build cost $1000 give or take, I had to get one of them rebuilt, all the mandrel bent piping, fittings, hose, lines and everything included. I got the turbos for free traded a friend my single for his two.
The turbos are capable of well over 6lbs on my engine, each of them is rated to 325hp or so. So with this setup I'll eventually be in the 550hp crank range and call it quits. It'll stay capped at 6lbs till I go to the track where i can run it full out and listen for detonation.
Rear springs are home made SS springs and ya I'm in dire need of a locker and snubber. If it kicks down at about 40-45 it'll still lose traction so it's gonna be a fun ride.

The whole turbo build cost $1000 give or take, I had to get one of them rebuilt, all the mandrel bent piping, fittings, hose, lines and everything included. I got the turbos for free traded a friend my single for his two.
The turbos are capable of well over 6lbs on my engine, each of them is rated to 325hp or so. So with this setup I'll eventually be in the 550hp crank range and call it quits. It'll stay capped at 6lbs till I go to the track where i can run it full out and listen for detonation.
Rear springs are home made SS springs and ya I'm in dire need of a locker and snubber. If it kicks down at about 40-45 it'll still lose traction so it's gonna be a fun ride.

wow sounds like an awesome deal for an wicked modification...running it at the track sounds like a safe plan to test upping the boost...Im assuming for your homemade ss springs you added a leaf to the passenger side? also, pettyblue is right about tires- a nice set of mt's or hoosiers will definatly help you hook alot better

ya, I'll soon find out just how big of a pain it is. Valve cover gasket just started leaking.... =(

Nice setup you have there, I too am young(19) I can't tell from the pics but is there an intercooler on it? What do you run for a converter? and how stock are the internals of that 5.2?? thanks.

no intercooler, when i up the boost it will get an water/meth system. It's still running the stock converter. The internals of the engine and well the externals too are as they would be from the factory. The only thing i really changes is I capped the EGR and put the '92-'93 style fuel rail on the intake so that i would have a return line.

-
Back