YOUNG GUNS! Sign In and WIN

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jerrod, I am going to give away the last four remaining prizes. The reason that the August 30 winner wasn't announced yet is because two of the three prizes drawn with that winner's name were the ones that weren't available. Now that confirmation has been received, we can move forward.

And mshred .......... not only is your timing back in the fold impeccable, but you better start appreciating me even more now because your name was drawn as the August 30 Young Guns Contest winner!!! (I'm just kidding about the appreciation part ... I did this so YOU GUYS would be appreciated, not me.)

Everyone, please join me in congratulating Matthew Tamburro aka mshred whose entry appears above at Post #101. He scored three terrific prizes:

#7 - A cash donation of $60 towards an aftermarket supplier’s gift certificate (i.e., Summit Racing, Jegs, etc.) donated by 65BCODA.

#8 - '67 - '76 black 4 speed carpet set for a 2 door A-Body donated by FASTBACK340

#13 - Small block Mickey Thompson valve covers purchased by Small Block from oldschoolcuda who shipped them here last year. mshred gets to choose the powder coat color he wants and I’ll work them up per his specs.

Congrats Matthew! I hope this is all stuff you can put to good use. (I'll be sending you a PM since I'm the custodian of two of your prizes.)

SWEET! LOL!:cheers:

First off, i want to say thanks a bunch! I usually have the worst luck ever (trust me, its bad...up until now anyways lol) and whenver i enter contests for anything i never expect to win, i just find it fun to do so and be a part of it

Leanna, thank you sooo much for holding this contest! As i said before, whether i win anything or not, i appreciate the effort from you and all the other members as well! definatly not nescessary, but very much appreciated and a great privelidge to be a part of it!

Leanna, i will be pm'ing you about everything and i will be pm'ing the donating members as well to thank them!

thanks a bunch! still cant believe my luck here....there might be a horseshow under my pillow that i have to look for now lol:-D

Leanna,

I think you have represented the FABO community in a grand fashion. Just the fact that you generated the contest idea, organized and followed through to the end do's us all proud. Thank You for your time and efforts.

To all the Young Gun participants, thanks for the great stories. If nothing else we can all at the end of the day take notice that there are folks in this world that still give in expectations of no return.

To the contributors, its the FABO way of doing things.

O.K. Leanna time for a Best Powder Coater contest. I will supply the samples for you. LOL

congratulations mshred I am kinda jellous of the carpet but you got er bud !!!!!

as for the contest I am glad it had a good run I wish I would have kept up with the thread more but I had trouble with internet but thats no excuse I am glad some young guns got some great prizes I would bu more than happy to help out on the next one if there is one.

and as was said before THANK YOU LEANNA you have been great with this whole contest

I have been in touch with Leanna, and she has been real great with everything. Im waiting on my summit gift card in the mail as Leanna was trying to get it doubled for me from summit (talk about a real nice person!!!!!). I believe its on the way last i spoke with her. The valve covers and Carpet should be on their way in the near future (I think). Its been a pleasure being a part of this and dealing with Leanna. I have to say, talking with her on the phone was quite a riot LOL...I feel like im being spoiled because of how nice her and the others were to contribute to this. I still can't explain how grateful I am (never thought i would win either)

thanks again Leanna!
Matthew

It's over with by its own terms as of the final drawing last October.

I posted a couple threads to test the waters on continuing the contest or having a 2011 edition but there were very few replies. If the interest gauge goes up, let me know.

Im still interested as I am sure many others are.

just not sure how many of the young guns frequent fabo often enough to have caught your thread about the contest ending.

it would be cool to one day see this rise from the ashes.

maybe post up another thread and see if there is still any interest from it? if not...then I guess it was just meant to be over lol.

Jerrod, with all due respect, I'm SURE all the Young Guns would be all over it -- who wouldn't??? I just have a feeling that our wonderful FABO may not only be having a slight case of "over-giving fever" these last few months, but in this crappy economy it isn't a big surprise that everyone is having a tighter clutch on the purse strings this year versus last.

Leanna, I couldn't have said that better. I think people almost forget how blessed they are to be gettin free stuff. I mean, some of this stuff I have and have given away has taken literally years to accumulate. Mostly because I don't have money to go out and spend on stuff I want to buy all the time, so I have to accumulate things over time. A LOT of time. I think other people have collected stuff in the same manner. Some are blessed enough to buy a bunch of stuff in one shot, but not me. I don't think people that are given stuff are unappreciative, I don't know....maybe some are. I just think maybe they don't realize what magnitude the gifts actually represent. It's more than just helpin a young gun with a car. A lot more. You don't find people wantin to come off of stuff nowadays even for cheap, much less give stuff away. It's pretty easy to come off feelin unappreciated. I mean, I am a mechanic by trade. I have turned wrenches all my life. I did it to support my family. Although I am disabled now, that was my livelihood. I have had people actually expect me to fix their stuff for free......and I did it, just to help them out. I would not ask somebody to do sumthin for free that they did for a livin. Because once again, it's not about accumulation of wealth and stuff. I think sometimes when you start givin people stuff, they start expectin it. And that's just not right. Leanna, I think your idea was probably best in that people actually have a contest to win. That way, there are no hard feelins on either side.

I agree that times are tough....thats why I know that those who were involved on the giving side of things were really in it for the right reason because it is hard to come off for stuff for free when you yourself could use it or can't afford it but when its going to the right cause ...that outlook can change fast.

yes...some that won in the contest may not have really appreciated what they got as much as what some others may have...which is a bummer...but not everyone shares the same value and not everyone might have "needed" to be entered in the contest as badly as some of the others.

I see what everyone is saying and I agree though. But it still wouldnt stop it from being cool to maybe see it come back one of these days. It was suspenseful and it was great seeing so many people getting involved into one particular cause.

oh well, it was a heck of a run and sure was fun and Leanna you did a great job at putting it on and to all of those had had the oppurtunity to win CONGRATS and to all those who put in on the cause....WAY TO GO:cheers:

Well just so we're clear, I was not referring to Leanna's contest, just giving in general.

I agree with everything posted. I was the last winner of the contest, and I told Leanna from the start that even if i didnt win anything being a part of it and having the privelidge was more than enough. When I won i couldnt believe it, as i usually have the worst luck and i wasnt expecting it. Even though I havent recieved the prizes yet, this stuff is all being given for FREE and that is something I almost feel bad accepting. I have to keep reminding myself it was a contest, not that im stealing lol

Once again Thanks to Leanna and all the members who helped this become a reality for me and all the other winners and participants! I think when the time is right their is the possibility for another contest, as i wouldnt put it past the members on here who are truly kind people

p.s. Leanna I pm'ed you over the holidays, let me know if you got it :)

Neat thread, I'll have to read when I get chance and follow. Too bad I'm too ageded. :coffee::downtown::sleepy1:

Yeah us old farts are 'scriminated against right regular. :toothy2:

Hey Stroker, an "Old Rifles Contest" has been mentioned more than once, remember? You wanna be the first one to get it rolling??? :-D

Naw. Things I try to put together seem to just....:violent2:

Hello all,

Sorry for lengthy thread i am just enthusiastic and motivated about mopar and read all the great storys posted above me so im gonna share mine.

My name is Nate, Im a Lance Corporal in the U.S.M.C. currently at HMX-1 (Marine One) in Quantico. Ill begin my story with i first was introduced to cars at a nascar event when i was 2 i dont remember where but i remember the the roar of engine and seing slick cars going fast. i have been in love with the Dodge Viper since i was 4 years old which is what started me off in mopar at a young age.

Not bragging, i am proud but just some information- worked 2 jobs in high school (steak n shake, valvoline IOC) while going to tech school half day for automotive, while starting on a State Champion runner up (2nd) team in class 6A Missouri (Mehlville 08 ) to buy a 91 dodge stealth twin turbo awd was an awesome car but once i saved some money i sold the stealth

When the stealth was sold I went on craisglist the next day and it was some sort of miracle the first car listed for sale was a black 68 dodge dart gt with a 340 dragged out-$4900, picked it up that day from a guy who lost his job and was trying to cut his debt, i threw him $20 extra bucks for beer as it was st. pattys day and felt bad that he had to sell the car for so low even though is was good for me, well my good deed was repaid with him throwing th brand new mickey thompson slicks he had bought in the trunk awesome guy.

I made it somewhat streetable over the years with the help of Eric Waters (VR440), and Rich and Ron of Mark I, alot of work was done with me barely having time to enjoy it as i had enlisted in the Marine Corps 3 months after i bought the dart. Well about a 2 months ago i was about to ship the Dart from St. louis down here to Quantico. Got a call from my uncle, he said my car burnt down, so wtf were did you break down, he says no its burning my house right now the fire departments here.

That a whole nother story heres a link to the thread.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=147462

After the ordeal i started my hunt for my next mopar was open to some new one but i know it was most likely going to be a 68 Dart as my affair with that car was not over, the fiance isnt to happy about the new one either but she understands as she has fun naming the old loud black dart Sheniqua.

And i found one right here on fabo from Packers who was a great and honest gentleman to work with. it just got shipped here last week on the 15th of july and im in the process of trying to figure out how long and how much money its going to take to get the performance of the Orange Dart up to mo-par with the black dart. But hey getting there is half the fun and i plan to have alot of fun.

Thanks ladies and gentlemen and keep the mopars alive and well

New Dart
View attachment 001.JPG

Old Dart
View attachment dart fire 1.JPG

Myself and the Fiance
View attachment DSC07778.jpg

Hey Nathan, great story! Thanks for taking the time to add it and send me the link.

Unfortunately, the Young Guns Contest ended by its own terms a year and a half ago after a lengthy 9-month tenure of terrific stories and prize awards.

Keep us posted on your progress with Sheniqua! :-D

Your loud old black dart was named Shaniqua? LMAO. Only a Marine! Thank you for your service.

Thanks to member Peter aka Project 65, my Young Guns Contest idea has been continued for 2011!!! (I'd love to run it again but I just can't due to the press of business and personal circumstances this year ... hope ya'll understand.)

If you've gotten this far through the thread and want to continue reading all the fantastic stories that continue to be posted by our 25-and-under members, click HERE.

Thanks again for jumping on the bandwagon Peter! I'll be here behind the scenes to help you as you need it. :-D Best of luck to last year's non-winning entrants and all of those who have yet to enter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back