YOUNG GUNS! Sign In and WIN

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations Jeff :cheers: Looking forward to seeing new updates on your duster :happy10:
Low voltage going to the coil sounds like the ballast resister is wired wrong or ignition switch , enjoy and thank you leanna and all the folks that makes this happen for our young guns here :happy10::happy10: I am sure you have at least 12.05 volts at the battery

Check all your grounds Jeff. By the way, You have a PM as i need an address so i can get you some good readin headed your way. Congratulations. Thanks for the post Leanna.
Small Block

As mentioned earlier, here is an update on my Duster.
Working on a swap from a Slant S*%t to 360. Got the engine in the car memorial day, and have been slowly putting things together as school, and work permitted. This weekend spent all daylight hours trying to get the thing to fire up and run, but no dice. electrical gremlins are holding it back, only getting 5 V to the positive on the coil, only 10 V coming out of the ballast resistor with a fully charged battery. Everything else seems good though. Will be posting a thread asking for help with the electricals later on.
Some details about the engine, 1975 360 block, 1971 J heads, block bored .030" over. Edlebrock Air Gap intake, Holley 650 carb, Mopar ignition, compression around 8.5:1, Lunati Voodoo 60403 cam.
Heading of on a cross country trip with my dad to the Mopar Nats. Leaving this wednesday around 2am. So the Duster will sit and wait until we get home before I give it another shot, hopefully I'll have gained plenty of info and ideas by then and we can make some more noise in the neighborhood.
Some pictures for you all to enjoy, first of the engine as it sits, and one of my dad and I trying to figure it all out.
Thanks again to everyone.

IMG_3558.jpg

IMG_3555.jpg

Congratz Jeff and I'll get started on that tomorrow. I already have the plan in my head.

Just in case anyone is curious, a valve block is a block of wood you organize your valves in when working on a head. Don't worry Jeff, I'll make it nice. :)

I'd like to donate something for the young guns contest, couldn't be car parts, ya never know what mopar the young gun winner might own... I'll think of something, if cudachick keeps the program going...

well i dont know if you guys are still doin the contest but i would like to fill something out anyways ha...im 25 years old and i bought my 73 duster when i was 19, i have a dodge neon srt-4 also, i have always been a mopar kid! never really had alot of money to finish my duster but i do wat i can, so i guess if i did win some stuff that would be sweet!!!! like a 3.91SG haha jk anyways here are some pix of my mopars! my mopar tatt!
IMG_0122.jpg

when i first got my baby!
IMG_0001.jpg

and a few newer ones along with my work ive done on the car all by myselfthanks to the how to threads here on FABO!! :cheers:
IMG_3196.jpg

im trying to clone it to a demon! just need a taillight panel!
IMG_3204-2.jpg

img1273327942962.jpg

img1273327945259.jpg

img1273327943978.jpg

img1273327944925.jpg

1252388354-1.jpg

img1281659343139.jpg

i still havent got to take it down the track :sad6:
my goal is to have a twin turbo 9 sec small block street driven monster!!!! the motor is a 75 360ci i picked up i was told it was 9.1 compression so i bought a .292 509 lift purple shaft a 750cfm holley and a set of headman headers! the 727 i picked up i was told it was rebuilt so i had a manual valve body laying around and a 3800 stall... it shifts pretty good, i got a 8.75 from pick n pull from a c-body and had it narrowed 12 inches for my mini tub/relocation but the only thing is i have a open diff 2.76 gear so its hard to try and drive but i just wish i could daily drive it again! i cant wait to get money saved up for paint n body work! it looks like a work in progress lol but she's my pride and joy! thanks FABO!!

Not trying to be a jerk but is that a ButtStain in the garage? The Duster is BA though. I also have a Mopar tat. Gotta represent the colors man!

Just as a little update, an issue has come up with one and possibly two prizes previously donated for the contest. Since one of those prizes was drawn this month, I need to hear back from the donating party to see if the prize is still available. A PM and personal email have been sent; I have no phone number for the guy so I just have to wait to hear back from him.

The winner has not been notified yet. I'm not a person who can get someone's hopes up only to possibly dash them later.

I apologize to everyone who's been waiting for this month's winner announcement. I'll make it as soon as I can.

This is an awesome thread. Great to see the young guns getting a chance of winning something for their rides, but it's also great seeing those rides. This is a great hobby. It's nice to see there are young people keeping it alive.Kudos to you on starting this Leanna. Maybe you could start something like this for us old farts. The prizes could be a case of geritol and a Jazzy with bumble bee stripes. (jk) Keep the pics and stories coming Young Guns.
Frank

This is an awesome thread. Great to see the young guns getting a chance of winning something for their rides, but it's also great seeing those rides. This is a great hobby. It's nice to see there are young people keeping it alive.Kudos to you on starting this Leanna. Maybe you could start something like this for us old farts. The prizes could be a case of geritol and a Jazzy with bumble bee stripes. (jk) Keep the pics and stories coming Young Guns.
Frank

It's my pleasure and an honor to do it Frank. If it wasn't for the other 25+ terrific members who joined in with prize donations, it would've have been much of a contest. Reading the stories and seeing the exposure the kids get is the main reason for me. I want to see them all succeed and carry the torch into the future.

There HAS been some prior talk of a different contest but the name would have to be modified ... Rusty Rifles or Post-Teen Pistols or something. ;-) You know I'll do it if there's enough interest.

Just as a little update, an issue has come up with one and possibly two prizes previously donated for the contest. Since one of those prizes was drawn this month, I need to hear back from the donating party to see if the prize is still available. A PM and personal email have been sent; I have no phone number for the guy so I just have to wait to hear back from him.

The winner has not been notified yet. I'm not a person who can get someone's hopes up only to possibly dash them later.

I apologize to everyone who's been waiting for this month's winner announcement. I'll make it as soon as I can.

Although he's signed in a few times since, I've received no response to my emails so I'm trying to make other arrangements for an alternative prize for the August 30 winner. Please stay tuned for an update.

Although he's signed in a few times since, I've received no response to my emails so I'm trying to make other arrangements for an alternative prize for the August 30 winner. Please stay tuned for an update.

Just curious as to if there was any updates on who last month's winner was and if the person who was giving one of the prizes ever came through or not?

The least they could do is respond to your messages and say they are not able to or something....its a bummer that they just brushed it off like it was nothing whoever this person is.

Hope ya get it figured out Leanna and best of luck to whoever the winner may be .

And I think I missed your Birthday Leanna? if so sorry but better late than never ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!:cheers:

I'm sorry to have to formally report that two more prizes on the YGC Prize Package list are no longer available.

Since the distribution was based on an equal split of the 27 prizes (9 monthly winners of 3 prizes each), the fact that two of them won't now be given away has tossed another rather large wrench into the gears of my plan.

Throughout the tenure of the contest, a couple other problems arose with respect to certain prizes ... and our wonderful member here, 65BCODA, jumped up on those occasions and came to the rescue behind the scenes to make sure those winners ended up with what they were supposed to get.

A couple other prizes that were awarded weren't even claimed as far as I know; one of those was Prize #1, my $100 Gift Certificate. Its winner is supposed to be sending parts to redeem it but it's been awhile and I'm not even sure if he still wants them done.

I've had a few offers of replacement prizes for this latest development -- thanks guys!!! :-D -- but since the contest is over at the end of this month anyway I haven't taken them up on the offers.

All in all, this contest has accomplished what I wanted it to do when the idea was first born almost a year ago. It gave the Young Guns an opportunity to tell their stories, show off their rides and hard work, get some recognition amongst peers in the hobby, and some of them even ended up with a few cool new things for their cars.

But now I'm left with four prizes instead of the six I expected to have. I could make up the difference with two more PSC Gift Certificates ... but those don't seem to generate much interest either.

Though excitement was high at the beginning, the monthly winners aren't really even congratulated anymore; the thread I started a couple months ago to evaluate interest in a 2011 Young Guns Contest also fell flat on its face with limited response. I'd be happy to do this again but the apparent lack of interest, follow through with some of the promised donations, and other members having to cover the backsides of those who donated and later didn't come through has gotten rather old and has left a sour taste in my mouth. I believe it's run its course.

I'm leaning toward one more winner of three prizes, and the final drawing will be an Honorable Mention for the last prize on the list.

If anyone has input, please feel free to share it.

well. If there are prizes left and there was no winner announced..... I say its atleast worth announcing the last winner before putting and end to the contest.

I have tried to stay active on this thread and bump it a couple times a month and I have tried to make sure to congratulate winning members and I have been on board since the get go.....I thought this was a cool idea from the start.

BUT......I guess alot of people just don't have the same enthusiasm . or those who jumped on board from the start jumped on for the wrong reasons?.....don't get me wrong, I would like to be a winner as much as the next guy lol....but thats not the only reason that I signed up in the first place.

I am dissapointed that some folks no longer have items available that they said they would put towards the contest. "indian giving" ( no racial offense ....just a term).

and I am also a little let down that it seems some on the people who won ,posted nothing other than their original story and then won and still bothered not having anything else to do with this thread or someone who won could not even pop in and say thank you or anything.....I don't know, maybe its just me who is kind of dissapointed by these things but ...

I do not blame you for ending it Leanna but atleast it was a good run and people had fun and some good people got some great stuff and some good folks gave some great stuff!!!

I may not have won at this young guns contest BUT this contest did get me thinking about the hole young guns thing which is what originally gave me the idea to contact Mopar Muscle Magazine which eventually landed me a spot in the young guns section of the Magazine when I won the contest (october 1st ,look for it) .

Anyhow, thanks for doing what you do Leanna, you didnt have to.....but the fact that you did says alot. Your a great gal and a valued member and keep on keepin on :cheers:

Hey Leanna,

I for one want to say i really appreciate you doing all of this! I also would like to thank all the members who donated prizes

unfortunatly i have not been on here to congratulate winners since probably the spring, but thats because i hardly ever come one anymore unless i have a tech question (busy driving my mopar! what its meant for!) and two, for some strange reason on this forum, and others too, i dont get email notifications anymore (dont know whats up there, gotta look into it) so i havent even really been checking. Just saw it now since im back in school and spending a bit more time on the computer and i must say i can totally understand where you are coming from.

you put something on like this hoping that you will be appreciated, as well as the prizes and efforts of the other members donating...yet its hard to see, and that is very frustrating...If i won i would be first on here to say thanks (if i my email not. worked lol) and i would probably personally pm you and the members donating the prizes to thank you...this is totally not nescessary and definatly a privelidge for everyone participating, so i think a little more appreciation should be in order.

Mind you, its run its course like you said, and i guess if there wasnt enough interest for another one (had no idea, gotta browse more) then i guess theres nothing you can do...like i said, you have done a great job with this Leanna and thats all you can do...the rest isnt in your hands unfortunatly, but youve made good on everything you said.

For all that, i appreciate the fact that i got to take part in the contest, even though i may not have won or anything...the fact that i had the CHANCE to is what matters.

Thanks big time Leanna and everybody else! Its good to know there are still kind people in this world!

ps. Leanna, maybe those who won the PSC giftcars dont have anything to powdercoat yet lol

Jerrod, I am going to give away the last four remaining prizes. The reason that the August 30 winner wasn't announced yet is because two of the three prizes drawn with that winner's name were the ones that weren't available. Now that confirmation has been received, we can move forward.

And mshred .......... not only is your timing back in the fold impeccable, but you better start appreciating me even more now because your name was drawn as the August 30 Young Guns Contest winner!!! (I'm just kidding about the appreciation part ... I did this so YOU GUYS would be appreciated, not me.)

Everyone, please join me in congratulating Matthew Tamburro aka mshred whose entry appears above at Post #101. He scored three terrific prizes:

#7 - A cash donation of $60 towards an aftermarket supplier’s gift certificate (i.e., Summit Racing, Jegs, etc.) donated by 65BCODA.

#8 - '67 - '76 black 4 speed carpet set for a 2 door A-Body donated by FASTBACK340

#13 - Small block Mickey Thompson valve covers purchased by Small Block from oldschoolcuda who shipped them here last year. mshred gets to choose the powder coat color he wants and I’ll work them up per his specs.

Congrats Matthew! I hope this is all stuff you can put to good use. (I'll be sending you a PM since I'm the custodian of two of your prizes.)

Congratulations!

Kinda a bummer that it died out like it has... But I will admit that I haven't been able to get on for just "browsing". I work quite a bit and with school staring back up life gets interesting. But I am glad you got everything worked out. And again, I can't thank you enough Leanna for all your hard work in supporting this contest!!!! And I didn't even win anything!

I'll say congratulations, too.

Too bad the contest has come to an end, but I understand what you're saying, Leanna.

Personally, I'm still trying to find a way to get my young gun's part out from Small Block's... that's a real score! Jamison was hoping we could do it over the summer so he could come along and shake Bill's hand personally. I understand that sometimes what we expect to be able to do is met with the realities of what we can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back