Young Guns

-
Oh yeah my other projects

5F5D7438-6D92-4874-B1D2-C31984D50409.png

Don’t feel bad, my Polara has 3 different sets of wires making one

I dont feel bad. When it works it works. Maybe I'll spray paint them all 1 color...

He's just jealous I can drive my car. With some beautiful ladies riding with me :p

My other project is a 1966 International Scout 800 that my grandpa had in the barn since before I was born. Drove it through the second half of high school in the winter, without heat. It is very rusty to begin with. I'll be replacing most of the metal once I have my own garage to tear it apart in. Lots of work to get it to this point but it's worth it
20190818_200346.jpg

My other project is a 1966 International Scout 800 that my grandpa had in the barn since before I was born. Drove it through the second half of high school in the winter, without heat. It is very rusty to begin with. I'll be replacing most of the metal once I have my own garage to tear it apart in. Lots of work to get it to this point but it's worth it
View attachment 1715729641

the 78 w200 my grandfather custom ordered in 1978. He ordered it with a 400/4speed but apparently just 3 weeks before they started on his truck, they sent him a letter stating they no longer offered the 400 so he got stuck with a 360 but got a big discount. Here it is the day they got it home from Detroit! They drove all the way up in a 76 New Yorker to get this thing.

FACAB6D1-E163-4C56-B6D8-4D9FEF77CCA0.jpeg

the 78 w200 my grandfather custom ordered in 1978. He ordered it with a 400/4speed but apparently just 3 weeks before they started on his truck, they sent him a letter stating they no longer offered the 400 so he got stuck with a 360 but got a big discount. Here it is the day they got it home from Detroit! They drove all the way up in a 76 New Yorker to get this thing.

View attachment 1715729645

Thats a sweet old truck and story

Thats a sweet old truck and story
There’s more to it too. When I was 2, they were overhauling it and doing a bore and some sort of stroker crank that according to what I was told, was custom ground to get ito to 400-408 cubes . Well nobody was watching toddler me and I managed to ingest motor oil and mineral spirits and nearly died. Spent several weeks in picu.
Shortly after that the trick was replaced with a new cummins ram and it sat behind a barn until my freshman year in highschool where we got it running and used it as a toy for a bit. It’s been mine ever since. According to all the receipts , she’s has just under 1700 miles on the Stroker engine.

There’s more to it too. When I was 2, they were overhauling it and doing a bore and some sort of stroker crank that according to what I was told, was custom ground to get ito to 400-408 cubes . Well nobody was watching toddler me and I managed to ingest motor oil and mineral spirits and nearly died. Spent several weeks in picu.
Shortly after that the trick was replaced with a new cummins ram and it sat behind a barn until my freshman year in highschool where we got it running and used it as a toy for a bit. It’s been mine ever since. According to all the receipts , she’s has just under 1700 miles on the Stroker engine.

That's awesome and survived to tell the tale

View attachment 1715729641

I'll buy it from you. My wife keeps saying I have to build her a scout next.

-
Back