Youngin Can't Decide

-
Update Time!!!

The 67 hasn't sold yet, the guy who went to look at it has to get permission from his wife first. So there still may be a chance for me. It does have these creases below the rear window that he says are normal, and I haven't been able to find any information on it. I will continue searching though. He also said the 67 didn't come with silver window trim around the front windshield. He sent me a video with a quick walk around and with it running, but again it won't let me post videos here in the forum for some reason, I will continue to try. Here is the crease I'm talking about and the trunk.

The Blue convertible is not sold, the guy came down to 13k but I am at 12k. It has been repainted, from red to blue. It also has some rust he says below the passenger side. I haven't seen pictures yet but he said he will send me some.

67 Dart Trunk.jpg

Dart Crease.jpg

Sounds smooth! As for the creases...they don't look normal to me (paint looks cracked). Hopefully someone with some experience with the early darts will chime in.

Sounds smooth! As for the creases...they don't look normal to me (paint looks cracked). Hopefully someone with some experience with the early darts will chime in.

I keep looking online at different pictures and many of the darts seem to have the same crease in that same spot below the window. (next to the cracked paint haha)

Convertible guy came down to 12k.

001.jpg

received_409111526368831.jpeg

Yes, the main crease is the side full quarter panel joint against the upper trunk panel(the one you circled in red) . The paint(white) crease looks like a paint crack, I just haven't seen that before.

So I think I've made my decision on which car I'm going to get.

I'm thinking the purple 69 is the one I'll be getting. I know it has a restored salvage title which sucks but I think for what I'll be getting it's the best deal.

I found another 67 that needs a door, front passenger fender and hood. Trans could use a tune up and engine has a little "miss" he says. Little rust but only listed for 4500 (has pretty red interior though). After finding it I did some digging to find the parts, we have a Mopar jy here in Las Vegas, a hood (this is the only body piece he has)= 100, fender = 1-150, bumper 100, door 200, 340 engine = roughly 1500 (doesn't have one and would still need rebuilt after getting one), 83/4 rear end roughly 800, suregrip roughly 400, 727 roughly 400. After you start adding up all the parts it becomes much more expensive than just buying the rebuilt title car that already has all that stuff and much much more in extra parts.

The orange 67 has no rust, runs good, has new parts installed. If it were closer I'd maybe opt for that one, but with me in school and him not being in a city with an airport the logistics of me getting there is hard. Then again once you start factoring a motor, rear end, transmission, etc it becomes apparent that the 69 might offer me better value.

With me planning on keeping the car for a long time and doing it with my kids the 69 just makes sense. Figured I'm getting 3k ish in parts and a good running and driving car with everything I already want in it. Win win. I'm going to try and get him down a little bit more on price after seeing the rust spot/hole in the back driver side area and for the fact that I can get a 67 with clean title and no rust for the 9k, he may come down a little. I'm going to try and have it delivered Saturday I'll post some pics.

Good deal. You're gonna love having the spare parts. If you sell what you don't use you can meet a lot of local Mopar fans. Ask me how I feel about a 69!

So the car is being delivered tomorrow!!! I'll take pictures.

The car has a 340 in it and original drum brakes. So my first course of action is installing the extra front end with disc brake conversion that is already half way done. My only concern is I don't know what the disc brake conversion is from. Should I just order a new disc brake conversion kit or is there a way to decode what the parts are on the extra front end and piece together a Frankenstein disc brake kit? Also is there a preferred vendor that FABO uses or a preferred kit? I have seen people mention Dr Diffs, Wilwood, and Strange on some of the threads I have read through.

With this being a car that I can take the family out in I want to make sure it not only goes, but that it stops as well.

Wait till you can see what you have to work with, a lot of times you can get factory style parts on the road in case of a breakdown easier.

Here she is in all her glory! 8500 bucks delivered to my door with extea parts for me to build my plan is to get all the disc brakes (4 wheels) done on the new front end and on the 8 3/4, and put the posi and gears in the rear end. Once that is done I'll swap it all on and the car will be road worthy.

We drove her around the neighborhood and the brakes are Super Soft, so the brakes need to be done asap.

If I ever need small parts he has a bunch more, I just didn't have room in my garage for 15 boxes of stuff. Only wanted the main stuff.

20190712_132955.jpg

20190712_134327.jpg

20190712_134416.jpg

FANTASTIC!! Congratulations! Let the memories begin! Remember to take lots of picts as you go...especially with the family around.

Here she is in all her glory! 8500 bucks delivered to my door with extea parts for me to build my plan is to get all the disc brakes (4 wheels) done on the new front end and on the 8 3/4, and put the posi and gears in the rear end. Once that is done I'll swap it all on and the car will be road worthy.

We drove her around the neighborhood and the brakes are Super Soft, so the brakes need to be done asap.

If I ever need small parts he has a bunch more, I just didn't have room in my garage for 15 boxes of stuff. Only wanted the main stuff.

View attachment 1715362499

View attachment 1715362500

View attachment 1715362501
Well done young Sir! Check out Wilwood for brakes they are not super high end but kind of the high side of the middle. I have put them on everything I own and race literally zero issues. You can hit my build thread for some pix of the last rotor kit I purchased being assembled. It is in the Hemi swap tab under 6.1 going into 72 Demon March 18

Holy chit... What size are the front tires? Congrats. No need to do 4 wheel disk brakes, drums will be more than fine on the back. Drums on the front, if properly services would be more than fine as well, but be a little more in the maintenance department. They still use drum type brakes on medium-heavy duty trucks. Again, build memories, and enjoy the car.

Holy chit... What size are the front tires? Congrats. No need to do 4 wheel disk brakes, drums will be more than fine on the back. Drums on the front, if properly services would be more than fine as well, but be a little more in the maintenance department. They still use drum type brakes on medium-heavy duty trucks. Again, build memories, and enjoy the car.

235/60/14 front and 245/60/14 rears, he said these are the original GT wheels and he just had them powder coated.

The extra front end is already mostly set up for disc brakes and figured if I was doing those I may as well do discs in the rear too. I haven't don't drum brakes in probably 12-14 years since I was in HS...holy chit I'm old...

Yeah pictures are must, we already are big picture takers .

I'm finishing cleaning out the garage right now so I can pull it in tonight. HOA doesn't allow for us to park in the street, $100 fines.

20190712_163637.jpg

20190712_164134.jpg

Hey all you FABO members! Thanks for letting me join the wild side. I'm new to Mopars but not new to cars, my dream car has always been a 1970 Plymouth Superbird, I know it's a B body but it's been my dream and maybe in a couple years. I grew up a gear head always working on my dads old chevy trucks, bronco and ram charger. Then started riding motorcross and ever since then it's all been down hill with gas and oil in my blood!

In the past 7 years I've had 17 cars most Vw's and Audi's and 2 Rubicons. Once I got into dental school, I had to stop working and give up my car addiction until I graduated dental school. Fast forward to today I'm looking at getting an A Body, my wife wants me to wait until after dental school but I'm going crazy without a project car. But my budget isn't full resto A body or B body yet, around 10k is where is was looking to stay.

Currently looking at a Purple 1969 Dart no rust, runs and drives clean but needs some work (don't they all!). Comes with an extra posi rear end, new front end with disc brakes, all new trim, clean interior, clean body, new vinyl top in the trunk and almost a full truck bed of extra parts. Only problem is it's got a restored salvage title, but the current owner doesn't know why. He has owned it since 2011 and I could probably take it home for 9.5k.

The other car is a 1975 Go Mango Orange Dart. This one needs no work, unless I wanted to replace the clean original interior.... Paint is about 6 years old, new front end with disc brakes, new posi rear end, fully rebuilt engine etc etc etc. Guy has owned it since 2012 and lowest I could take it home for would be 10 with stock rear end, I'm thinking around 11.5k posi rear end. It's definitely a nicer car but I LOVE the rear tails of the 69.

Anyways here's some pics. Glad to be here and soon I'll be driving one of these bad boys, working on it with the kiddo's and taking the wife on dates.

View attachment 1715359582

View attachment 1715359583

Welcome to FABO...
C2AFF16B-B692-45ED-9FE7-7C3562C9B86A.gif

My younger son is into those cars and likes to tinker with enduro motorcycles... @ValiantK360

Found a nice 67 GT, a little farther away from me and only the slant 6, but it has a clean title. 9k

View attachment 1715360199

View attachment 1715360200

View attachment 1715360201
The 67 will cost you at least 5-6k+ to convert to a 340or360 V-8. Ask me how I know. Plus there are a few considerations for the 67 one year only parts. Once out of dental school and working you should be able to afford the swap into an already clean car. You might get him down to $7,500-8k. Then I think that’s very reasonable and a great driver until school finished. My wife is a pediatric dentist by the way. Welcome aboard.

The 67 will cost you at least 5-6k+ to convert to a 340or360 V-8. Ask me how I know. Plus there are a few considerations for the 67 one year only parts. Once out of dental school and working you should be able to afford the swap into an already clean car. You might get him down to $7,500-8k. Then I think that’s very reasonable and a great driver until school finished. My wife is a pediatric dentist by the way. Welcome aboard.
I want to know??? 5-6k??? Should be well doable for less.

235/60/14 front and 245/60/14 rears, he said these are the original GT wheels and he just had them powder coated.

The extra front end is already mostly set up for disc brakes and figured if I was doing those I may as well do discs in the rear too. I haven't don't drum brakes in probably 12-14 years since I was in HS...holy chit I'm old...

Yeah pictures are must, we already are big picture takers .

I'm finishing cleaning out the garage right now so I can pull it in tonight. HOA doesn't allow for us to park in the street, $100 fines.

View attachment 1715362516

View attachment 1715362517

Don't need any fines. Lol. But seriously, drums are d@mn good on the back, many people are still running them on the front! But I won't argue against putting disks up front. Just not worth it on the back, unless you have nothing to work with. It's a good looking car, brakes will help with keeping the front end looking good!

I want to know??? 5-6k??? Should be well doable for less.

Let me know how you fair doing a complete swap for less. Especially if you’ve done it from scratch within the last 6 months. It adds up wayyyyyy faster than you think.

19AC916A-CCBF-4FB7-88A3-06114CFF0991.jpeg
460F0DB1-53FB-4341-A9BE-9C817831FFBD.jpeg
82794E37-5DFB-473E-9C20-B1026B0F9B7E.jpeg

Let me know how you fair doing a complete swap for less. Especially if you’ve done it from scratch within the last 6 months. It adds up wayyyyyy faster than you think.

View attachment 1715362552 View attachment 1715362553 View attachment 1715362554

Not to clutter up his thread, you can pm me... But he's not number chasing, a magnum in good running order is less than $500, a trans in decent shape, what another $500? Swap mounts $65+ $10 shipping... Where we at? $1075... Need a distributor, pick them up for around $25, I will give $75... $1150. Intake for $250, so $1400. New carb? Ok $1700... Do we know if the 67 had a 7-1/4? Did it need updating? I know I am skipping a few details, but still way under your bottom dollar start for an upgrade... I wouldn't even think about an LA, and I just bought 2 cheap... Magnum is so much better

View attachment 1715362552 View attachment 1715362553 View attachment 1715362554

That's a damn clean engine bay! Maybe one day mine will look that good! I need another cherry picker, I got rid of mine when we moved... I should have known .

Pediatric Dentist, my hats off to her, I couldn't imagine working on kids all the time. In all honesty though my plan is to only have to work hands on with pts for 8 years, after that the goal is to hopefully have multiple practices and do only the business side of dentistry.

Don't need any fines. Lol. But seriously, drums are d@mn good on the back, many people are still running them on the front! But I won't argue against putting disks up front. Just not worth it on the back, unless you have nothing to work with. It's a good looking car, brakes will help with keeping the front end looking good!

Oh I don't doubt they would be fine, but if I'm doing the front I may as well do the back. Only want to have to run lines 1 time, and I'm kind of an ocd about certain things, add in the adderrall for my ADHD and well it all goes down hill

Also I can't be #s chasing as I don't even know where the #s are, how to read them or what they mean... oops Did I just say that out loud?

-
Back