Your dream job...

-
I all ways wanted to be a fighter pilot. Or I would also like to be a rich guy. That would be nice.

When i was little, 5 or so i wanted to be a fireman, after i was a little older i wanted to be a Astronaut, when reality set in i became a auto mechanic, and then a aircraft mechanic, then a computer mechanic. Always had the fireman thing in the back of my head though.

I started studying for the fireman test, but never went through with it.

I ended up married to a girl who was a 911 dispatcher for Davis Medical and Mediflight in Ca. and she moved up here and started working Federal Way Fire/Valley Com. in 98, and she tranfered to Tacoma/Lakewood fire.

In 2001 her old employer contacted her and asked if she would help in NYC, so i went with her and help clean up the WTC site, still thinking about being a fireman.

We just got back fro a vacation to NYC, stopped by 10 House and Battalion 9 the Midtown guys to say hi.

Still thinking about that fireman job, wonder if i am to old now.

As a kid I guess I wanted to fix things.....I would go out into the neighborhood and drag all kinds of junk into the house. My mom set me up with a little closet to put all of my great finds. Most times I would drag home stuff I didn't even know what it was:) Old broken radios, parts from cars, tv tubes and such. I never lost the craving to know how stuff works and I guess that is what led me to my dream job.
I work at Intel and I "try" to fix stuff. Very expensive "stuff". I always think it would be better somewhere else doing something different but, When I really think about it my job has given me everything I could ask for. I work with great people, I make a good living. I get long weekends, good benefits, and so far it has been stable employment for 14 years.

63 dartman you sound just like me only i went into fixing steel millstuff from big ugly cranes to complex electronic stuff

like this

DCP_1462.jpg

DCP_1456 (Medium).JPG

By third grade I had decided I wanted to be the first man on Mars. Since science didn't cooperate with my plan and I am too old for that now, I would like to be in charge of making sure the girls are squeaky clean in a brothel.

Growing up in tornado alley, I always wanted to be a storm chaser. I don't necessarily want to be a meteorologist, just let me drive. :-D

My dream job would be to play guitar in a famous rock/metal band. I'd love to live in L.A just because I simply love it there. I'm slowly working torwards my goals....I just need to find/start a band. For now I'm practicing guitar like 5-6 hours a day.

CudaMan51, looks like you get nice adirty on a daily basis:) I started out in industrial maintenance with a couple of meat processing plants and that is where I learned most of my skills. I had a very good tech take me under his wing and teach me the basics. Some days I would smell so bad I couldn't even stand myself:) He was the one that actually got me started. When the plant started installing PLC controlled manchinery I realized I needed further education to advance. I enrolled in Devry and got picked up by intel while still in school.

some times we get dirty but not that bad anymore. this idustry is run by tones of plcs and all kinds of conrole systems. we are super kraft so we have to do it all. on the cranes most of the parts are so heavy you have to yous a litle cranes to lift them and some of them are very high up. that part is fun.

(cudaman51) where do u work at?we arent that far from each other and i work in steel mill to.sorry to interrupt the thread

I always wanted to be a **** star, when I didn't make it I had to settle for plan B, running a speed shop and part time NASCAR Official. Still Happy with my choices!!!
hell yes good jobs lol

severstal steel waren ohio. used to be wci steel . we have been shut down over a year. there were 1200 employes. the new owners proposed an offer today to start it back up with 575 people. i am still working maintain power water heat.where are you working

I always wanted to be an architect from about grade 6.Now I install floors and I like doing it I just dont like chasing people for money.

anything interesting.
Been in construction and driving my whole life...
about a year ago i got drunk and woke up in the oilfield and havnt managed to get out of there yet haha.
I would love to do stuntdriving! get paid to drive someone elses strippped down built car and tear it apart through town.... blowing stuff up would be fun too but now people are too boring with it... lots of saftey and planning...
I will have to settle for some kinda high paying low key oilfield management posistion for now though,,,

I think I all ways wanted to build old cars.

I currently work about 25hrs a week at a body shop for about $200 pay while I try desperately to find something that will pay for hours worked.

ever since i was little i always dreamed of working on ferrari's especially once i saw the 360 modena. years later, when i was 16, i delivered a pizza to a guy that lives 3 miles from my house who owns a shop that works on ferrari's. i stayed around and talked with guy about the cars; come the next day i quit my pizza job and started at the shop. took about a year before i actually worked on one by myself. i want to pursue this job for as long as i can because to me its not work, its fun.

Planes, trains and automobiles.

When I was a kid, anything that you could operate fascinated me. I dreamed of having a license to operate cars, motorcycles, boats, planes, trains, well, you get the picture. I was fascinated with the moon landings and toyed with the idea of becoming an astronaut. Now, at 51 years of age I have been at the controls of almost everything with the exception of spacecraft. I actually sat at the throttle of a freight train a few months back, moving 10,000 feet of freight westward at 45 mph. What an awesome experience.

As it turned out, I was good with electronics. My dad owned a TV repair shop and I helped out from age 12 onwards. Worked in the radio broadcast industry, then 2 way radio communications for 20 years and followed that up with a career in railroad signals. Currently a signal supervisor.

vue from the bleeder deck of a blast fernace. long clime but neet vue. and im the good looking one.

scan0032.jpg

scan0034.jpg

scan0030.jpg

-
Back