Your E.T's & Setups With A 5.9?

-

Mopar118

Reaction score
Im looking into the possibilty of putting a Dodge van 5.9L into a 1973 Dart Sport. I want to convert it to carburated and ditch the efi. But before I do I need some opinions from you guys. Whats the setup on your car with the 5.9? What all internal upgrades have you done to the motor? Is there any faults that the block itself will have depending on hp? I know you will probaby spend a lot of money before you can get it into to 10's which is what im looking to do. But let me know what your setup is and any suggestions you have! Thank you!

Im looking into the possibilty of putting a Dodge van 5.9L into a 1973 Dart Sport. I want to convert it to carburated and ditch the efi. But before I do I need some opinions from you guys. Whats the setup on your car with the 5.9? What all internal upgrades have you done to the motor? Is there any faults that the block itself will have depending on hp? I know you will probaby spend a lot of money before you can get it into to 10's which is what im looking to do. But let me know what your setup is and any suggestions you have! Thank you!
Mine is a 30 over 11.25 to 1 Indy x heads Holley xp 850 carb two kits of nos. cam is 1357 oregon grind that I like a lot.

Last edited:
A friend of mine ran a few 7.40 in the 1/8 mile with a carbed 5.9 in a excab 94 dodge Da Kota. He is racing in some kind of claimer class,wear you can't spend more than 1500 on the engine. I do know it's got a solid lifter cam,right at 10.1 compression,home ported stock mag heads and a indy cylinder head aluminum magnum head. The rest is all at stock. He was having a little trouble taking off. But once he gets it tuned. I don't see why he can't get it into the 11 in the 1/4

Just spray the piss out of it. Like double what you think. 10's arent all that easy.
And start smoking or something since youll prob have a nice 4-6 pc ashtray set lol.

Just spray the piss out of it. Like double what you think. 10's arent all that easy.
And start smoking or something since youll prob have a nice 4-6 pc ashtray set lol.
They are easy when you throw a bucket of money at you're car. LOL

-
Back