Your input on 360 stroked to a 426

-

USCG CHARGER

Reaction score
http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/...aW5lcw==&level1=U3Ryb2tlciBLaXRz&partid=23812

I haven't heard of anyone doing this stroker kit on their SB and it looks pretty sweet. I was wanting to go with this top end on the kit:

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/...par-small-block-race-parts-dodge-brodix-.html

Will this combo work? I'd like to go mid tens on motor and 9's on spray...

Please ur input would help me out greatly as I dont have alot of knowledge on these LA motors b/c I've been in the 3rd gen hemi world for the last couple of yrs and would now like to try something new.

I believe Hughes says no spray on this kit.

What car is this for? race car? street car? what suspension?

What car is this for? race car? street car? what suspension?

just a fun 68 Dart.. I'd like to be able to drive it to the track some and other times trailer it there..... It has SS suspension but looking to go to caltracs....

I have a buddy who says not to do this combo and he'ss sell me his R1 block with whatever CP piston I want and carrillo rods, 4" crank.... And his W9 heads complete with drive train and intake...I should be able to spin that up to 6600rpm and have aprox 650ish HP which would get me into the 9's with no issues if my suspension holds up. HE can do the whole set up for about $6000

Would I have to prolly buy the 340 motor mounts, oil pan, ignition system (6al) and radiator... but other then that I should be on the road. with it.

You dont really think a 9 second car is a stock body and motor.... right? :D
In any event, I wouldnt do it either. You dont need the R3, but it's a wise choice with spray. The pistons on the Hughes deal are VERY short. No life expectancy, and I would think ring seal would suck in pretty short order. I like that Racejunk top end on either 360 cid with big spray, or a 4" setup with less hit.

You dont really think a 9 second car is a stock body and motor.... right? :D
In any event, I wouldnt do it either. You dont need the R3, but it's a wise choice with spray. The pistons on the Hughes deal are VERY short. No life expectancy, and I would think ring seal would suck in pretty short order. I like that Racejunk top end on either 360 cid with big spray, or a 4" setup with less hit.

I think I can get a 10 sec car outta my dart with stock sus for sure.(10.9999) lol.....after that its up in the air.. as far as the deal my buddys offering it seems to good to pass up... He said the same exact thing u said about the piston and stroke lenght... way off track....

I'm really leaning towards the r1 block with the w9 heads now...I just dont know alot about those w9 heads other then they are raing heads but he said with a bigger CI motor I can kinda keep the RPM in check so I can drive it on the street.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but since I saw your post I wanted to say it was cool meeting you at the Hemi Shootout Sunday, Charger. Cant wait to see your Cars someday.

Even a 10.99999999 will need a serious fuel system, cage, and rear axle. NEver mind a tranny and great convertor, or suspension. Especially with the NOS. At 9.999999 you need a competition license... I think it's 9.50s the chassis specs get much more stringent too. That was my point. It sounded like you weer "some schumacher mounts, a set of slicks, and off we go..." That worried me...lol. W9s are race heads. As are W8s. I'm not sure if they require a special block. If it was me, and you were really intending to do this... I'd build a 360, then outfit the car to run 10.50s. Then when that's done, build the badass engine for it. A 9.90 full body smallblock can be brutal.

Thanks for ur input.. I have an idea of what direction to go now.

From what I here. You don't want your stroke to be bigger than your bore and that square was the best ratio.

-
Back