Your (new) car may need a tin foil hat.

-
Thanks for the well worded clarification.
Their should be a "religion" forum alongside the "N&P" forum, and if you so choose to participate you can.
Actually Harry "here" is a privately hosted internet forum. Your right to free speech is simply the right not to be prosecuted by the GOVERNMENT. Private institutions can place any limits they want on your speech. Like here, there's a "news and politics" section for this kind of discussion, and with any luck this thread will be moved to N&P, or even better it'll be locked and deleted. Because it simply doesn't belong in the general discussion. On that note, if this thread is locked and deleted, you have no recourse by your right to free speech. Again, this is a privately hosted board, and the mods here can delete anything they choose too without worry of legal recourse, the case law is clear.

You seem to be the one offended, since you're the one caps blasting us in bold text. While your right to free speech doesn't exist the way you think it does on this board, the right to free speech goes both ways too. Sure, you can have what ever opinion you'd like and speak your mind about it. But so can 4speedragtop, and so can I. You can talk all you want about religion. And he can be "disrespectful" by saying "blah blah blah", because that is his right. Your right to invoke your religion does not require 4speedragtop, or anyone else for that matter, to respect you or your opinion.

But this is a car forum, not a bible study. So pack it up to N&P, or altogether.

I am a Believer.
I am a believer above all things that I am;because my God, the God of my ancestors, the God who destroyed the World by Flood; hid in his Word, the gifts that strengthen me, quicken me, heal me, and keep me on the narrow path that leads to everlasting life.

Oh yea of little faith that suffer the diseases of the Gentiles; how foolish it is to say in your heart "there is no God".

But that is the way of it, in these EndTimes; people will be lovers of money, and lovers of self; thus was it prophesied hundreds of years ago.

I confess my master, because He promised that if I do, then He will confess my name before our Father in Heaven. So I confess Him as often as I can fit it into a conversation, because thru the promise,it is my desire that my name will echo in Heaven.

And when the children of the devil have heard my name often enough, it may be that they come for me, to behead me, and I will do my best to die a martyr, because God said" no greater love hath a man then that he lay down his life for his friends"; and the Son of GodAlmighty is my best friend. So then, Scripture shows that the martyrs are already in Heaven, waiting for their rewards........ having bypassed Judgement Day. And how could it be otherwise, because they surrendered their lives to the Son, even as the Son surrendered His for them.

But even if I don't get a chance to be a martyr, I can still get into the New Kingdom, at the appointed time. I just have to wait about a Thousand Years. But even that is doable, on account of what the Book of Enoch teaches. But even if Book of Enoch is not accurate, it is still doable, on account of this statement found in Scripture, that says " the dead know not anything". So what do I care if I'm dead for a thousand years.

Ok so for those who view God as a myth or whatever, you have a very different future, because God says "only a fool has said in his heart there is no God", and God will not deal kindly with you at the appointed time, because at this time, there is no more mercy, and God does not suffer fools lightly. But, you say, there is no God so this does not apply to you. I see your point, and I raise you; all the Believers who have rebuked sickness, disease,and afflictions, in the name above all names; and even the testimonies of the witnesses who saw the dead come up out of their graves, just 2000 years ago. Ok I get that you could willfully ignore those things; instead believing the lies of satan....... cuz God says for you rebellious of heart, HE,God will put a "strong delusion" upon you, that you believe those lies. So you know, once you have the strong delusion, a hundred or more brave souls like me can preach the truth to you, but you will NEVER, ever get it, until God Himself lifts the delusion. And only you can bring this about, by asking God, with a contrite heart, and a humbled soul; He will not make it easy for you.

So, I'm not preaching to you fools, cuz that would be a waste of time. No, I'm preaching for two reasons; 1) the first is to know that right now,as you read this, my name is echoing in Heaven, and My master, and my Father are hearing my name, and they are taking notice. And reason 2) is for anyone who has not yet made the decision that there is no God, but who might be thinking that maybe, just maybe, there is a God, and wants to know more; for you guys, my heart goes out to you because I once was a fool, then became a what-ifer, and finally surrendered to the persistent prodding of the Holy Spirit.

Becoming a Believer entitles you to all the Promises of God, my favorite of which is a long healthy life.
I also confess the name of the Son of God, because every other Believer who reads this will know he has a brother in me. We are a brotherhood, and bound by Faith to be there for eachother, ALL the time. Not just on Sundays for an hour atta time. By being together, we discover the hidden secrets in the Bible; the secrets God keeps from the heathens. And I don't speak that in a derogatory tone, that's about the nicest word God uses to describe the Godless.

Being Godless doesn't mean you have no god, it just means you have no capital-G God. There are hundreds of gods,probably thousands, maybe millions of other gods. What? you might ask. Well think about it; why would God give us a Commandment not to worship other gods if there were no other gods? Duh. I mean He could have saved His finger some aggravation on Mt Sinai, and just skipped that one. He couldda skipped the one about not making an idol too, because if there are no other gods then what would be the purpose of creating some stupid idol for it to inhabit? In fact He couldda skipped a bunch more because if there were no other gods, which would have to be anti-God gods, then we humans wouldn't have the evil desires to; steal,kill, and destroy, for starters; or covet, or the big one in God's eyes, of sexual promiscuity, which King James records with the rather mundane description of committing adultery. God is not against having multiple wives; the wisest man in all of history had 700 of them, and concubines besides, and NOWHERE in scripture have I discovered God say a single word against him for that. But look what happened to the entire tribe of Benjamin for the mass, unto death raping, of just one woman.

So, you gotta see that yes, there are other, many other little-g gods. So if you are not in league with the big-G God, then you are in league with the little-g gods; there is no inbetween. And all those little-g gods are nothing more than disciples of satan, so no wonder God says if you take satan's number,name, or seal, then there is no mercy for you.

I like to know who my Believer friends are, and I'm not shy to broadcast my Master's name to them. And so when someone responds, hinting at his position, I am quick to jump in and support him, because I know how difficult it was for me to come out of my nice,safe,waiting-for-the-rapture,once-saved/always saved,dead-end, sleeping-Christianity,hiding place.

So, if you disagree, make it easy on yourself and just put me on ignore; you sure won't hurt my feelings; many are called few are chosen. If it wasn't so, heaven might not be big enough for all of us,lol.

shakehands.gif
Well said, AJ/FormS! I see where you are coming from now and though our respective religious traditions (our chosen ways of relating to G-d) may differ in some ways...... We agree on the great majority of points that you have so eloquently voiced here.

Must go now. May G-d watch over you and bless you and keep you well and safe from harm, my friend.

Best regards,

Harry

Thanks for the well worded clarification.
Their should be a "religion" forum alongside the "N&P" forum, and if you so choose to participate you can.

No problem. I find it shocking how most of the people that feel the need to jump up and down and stamp their feet about their "constitutional rights" haven't the foggiest understanding of what those rights actually are. Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from being rebutted, criticized, mocked, ignored or generally made fun of. It just means the government can't throw you in jail for voicing your opinions, however misguided they may be.

No need for a "religion" board. It goes right along with politics, and there's no reason religion threads can't exist happily there. Same lack of logic as the political threads, same passing of judgement, same hypocrisy, and roughly equal chances of changing someone's mind (zilch). There are plenty of places on the internet for the fanatics to talk religion without specifically hosting it here.

A mention is one thing, bickering on it is insane and sad to see and annoying that it is even there.
I also don’t need a cermon.
I have church for that.
I’d like to see it all removed. We’re here to talk cars.

I realize there are LOTS we talk about besides cars, but they usually follow the thread title (for the most part).
Heaven/God(irony) forbid that you disagree with something religion related that "slipped" into a thread.
This is EXACTLY where/why the term Bible thumping is accurate and derived from.

A mention is one thing, bickering on it is insane and sad to see and annoying that it is even there.
I also don’t need a cermon.
I have church for that.
I’d like to see it all removed. We’re here to talk cars.

Rob, I agree wholeheartedly that such bickering is sad to see and annoying to say the least. However, this forum is the General Discussion forum. The off topic forum if you will. A great many things are discussed or at times touched on in such forums. There are indeed many forums specific to our shared automotive interests. However, the off topic forum each automotive website provides is a catch all for subjects that do not necessarily fit in the strictly automotive category. That is the purpose of off topic forums.

Best regards,

Harry

Rob, this forum is the General Discussion forum. The off topic forum if you will. A great many things are discussed or at times touched on in such forums. There are indeed many forums specific to our shared automotive interests. However, the off topic forum each automotive website provides is a catch all for subjects that do not necessarily fit in the strictly automotive category. That is the purpose of off topic forums.

Best regards,

Harry
Yea no **** Harry.

Yep General Discussion forum, but not a "religion" thread. Can you not see that? Or are you that close minded that you think religion is acceptable to be injected in every thread in General Discussion?
There is somewhat of a forum "etiquette" so to speak. Figure it out.
Rob, I agree wholeheartedly that such bickering is sad to see and annoying to say the least. However, this forum is the General Discussion forum. The off topic forum if you will. A great many things are discussed or at times touched on in such forums. There are indeed many forums specific to our shared automotive interests. However, the off topic forum each automotive website provides is a catch all for subjects that do not necessarily fit in the strictly automotive category. That is the purpose of off topic forums.

Best regards,

Harry

Yea no **** Harry.

:rofl:

Best regards,

Harry

Yeah, there's also a "news and politics" forum, because political and religion topics usually get heated and no one's mind is ever changed via the internet on topics like that. Just a waste of energy. Which is why that forum requires signing up and the posts don't show up in the "new posts" section because the rest of us are here to talk cars.

Yep General Discussion forum, but not a "religion" thread. Can you not see that? Or are you that close minded that you think religion is acceptable to be injected in every thread in General Discussion?
There is somewhat of a forum "etiquette" so to speak. Figure it out.

Clearly etiquette is not the strong point of a guy that puts all of his posts entirely in "bold" font.

why choose? threesome :)

That's a very good point.
But it presupposes they ladies would ascent to the arrangement.
I guess one can always hope.
It's usually a binary choice in normal circumstances.
A non cosmic ray binary flip car killing choice.

e5c89fee1e45d0ae4b990f45a26a1305.jpg

Last edited:
I realize there are LOTS we talk about besides cars, but they usually follow the thread title (for the most part).
Heaven/God(irony) forbid that you disagree with something religion related that "slipped" into a thread.
This is EXACTLY where/why the term Bible thumping is accurate and derived from.

The more I READ UR POSTS , THEMORE YOU SOUND LIKE AN ATHEIST-------Rest assured bro , u ''WILL'' change ur mind in the end ------------

I just dont believe religion needs to be rammed down everyone's throats at every opportunity. It's a personal choice, similar to politics. Which also sets rammed down people's throats. All sorts of comments, "must be a ........" gets tiring and theres a seperate forum for that stuff
The more I READ UR POSTS , THEMORE YOU SOUND LIKE AN ATHEIST-------Rest assured bro , u ''WILL'' change ur mind in the end ------------

I just dont believe religion needs to be rammed down everyone's throats at every opportunity. It's a personal choice, similar to politics. Which also sets rammed down people's throats. All sorts of comments, "must be a ........" gets tiring and theres a seperate forum for that stuff

To each his own---

I agree with you there.

-
Back