Your opinion on equal length spark plug wires?

-
I'd like to see back to back dyno runs as I'm having a really hard time believing that equal length high tension leads can have that much of an impact and not be a well known thing.

You must make the length of the plug wire correspond to the length of the intake runner....longer intake runner needs shorter wire and shorter intake runner must use longer wire....and then you must take in account the actual tube length of your header and take the square root of that number...

You must make the length of the plug wire correspond to the length of the intake runner....longer intake runner needs shorter wire and shorter intake runner must use longer wire....and then you must take in account the actual tube length of your header and take the square root of that number...

yes, yes. this is the exact math I used to drop almost a full second. I also, which has not been mentioned in this thread, picked up 2 mpg using this exact math.

So I guess the final question is, do chicks dig 'em? Because I ain't doing it if they don't.

So I guess the final question is, do chicks dig 'em? Because I ain't doing it if they don't.
When your girlfriend is in your hot rod and you are loosing by 4 car lengths, she will not be impressed. Yes, sir! correct plug wire length and 4 drilled holes in the distributor cap to let the static out, and them 4 car lengths are made up, your girlfriend will not be embarrassed, and your face will be saved!

yes, yes. this is the exact math I used to drop almost a full second. I also, which has not been mentioned in this thread, picked up 2 mpg using this exact math.

Alright now, I was willing to give you the benifit of the doubt at first considering your reputation here, but now I'm callin BS. :D

If you are using the stock coil pack, running equal length wires is going to look horrible...

If you are using the stock coil pack, running equal length wires is going to look horrible...
Are you aware that you just brought back an old dead thread from YEARS back?

threads-dead-baby-threads-dead.jpg

So if I'm trying to put out a fire under the hood & I pee on the ignition you're saying I have a billionth of a second safety buffer before I get lit up, great.

-
Back