You'se Guys 'll SHOOT Me !!!

-
Here's a couple more for you Doc......Funny the seller shows no pics of the engine compartment?

challenger pics 001.jpg

challenger pics 002.jpg

challenger pics 003.jpg

I noticed that the ebay ad went back to "0" bids with an opening bid of $1000... but it is now closed.

I never did get a response from the guy... I figured that being 40 miles away, if it was legit, he would have e-mailed me back!

It smelled of a scam... and perhaps it was. I will let you all know if he contacts me now that the bidding has closed.

It "may" have been for real... I went up that way last year to look at a restored 73 Challenger... a 440 car that sold for 15K because the guy had two mortgages to pay and was hurting for money. That one was legit. The only reason I didn't get it was it was during the week of Christmas and the guy needed the money in a matter of days... the Holiday schedules being what they are, I couldn't get the financing done in time for what he was looking for.

Brian,

let me know if you get any other info. That house and neighborhood look familar. I will take the car out for a drive tomorrow and look around.

Slant 6 car. I've never a 6cyl in a Challenger.

Yes... there were a bunch of slant six Challengers and Barracudas.

But I have a feeling that those are pictures of an R/T... that would explain why there are no under hood pictures.

Besides that, why would he have the car painted and marked as an R/T if it isn't an R/T? Anyone pulling up to him at a stoplight would quickly realize that it wasn't a big block car!

If it is a real RT, it doesn't have the valance cutout for the factory duals and I don't see TA style in front of the rear tires

Unless someone like me redid it ( I bought a standard valance for my 72 340 Ralley) it should have duals with cut out valance

It looks awfully suspicious...

Keep us updated demonator.

As far as it being a R/T, I don't think they ever made one with a slant, so I wasn't at all concerned about that.

If this was legit, I think it was a GREAT deal at $15K.

Doesn't California have lisence plates on both ends of the car? I see a tag on the back but nothing on the front end.

yes cali does like you to have dual plates but alot of people tend to not put the front ones on on hot rods and things and get away with it. just have trouble going to an airport without one on.

As far as it being a R/T, I don't think they ever made one with a slant, so I wasn't at all concerned about that.

If this was legit, I think it was a GREAT deal at $15K.

I think the smallest engine option for an R/T in an E-Body was a 383. Looks like someone either hit the "buy it now" or maybe the listing got cancelled......?

I think the smallest engine option for an R/T in an E-Body was a 383. Looks like someone either hit the "buy it now" or maybe the listing got cancelled......?

I always thought that too but there`s a guy in our local Mopar club that has a 340 Challenger with the R/T package. I didn`t believe it because I thought R/T meant big block but as usual you can never say never when it comes to Ma Mopar.

I always thought that too but there`s a guy in our local Mopar club that has a 340 Challenger with the R/T package. I didn`t believe it because I thought R/T meant big block but as usual you can never say never when it comes to Ma Mopar.

Interesting info there Longgone. What year is the Chally and do you know if the 2nd digit of the VIN is an "S" ? If your info is correct I stand corrected....LOL

It`s either a 70 or 71 convertible. I brought up the same thing and the owner said it was true to the car. I`ll see if I can find a reference to the car online.

hmmm, I used to have a JS27NOB and I remember 383 being the smallest for the R/T's.......:scratch:

-
Back