Z bar location

-

72demon440

Reaction score
I am converting my 440 auto to a 4 speed and my demon has fender well headers . that part of my inner fender well is gone. I need some pictures of a big block a body with the z bar installed and I am going to have fab up a mount to locate the frame side ball stud. Just want some good pics of a big block set up with or with out the innner fenders. Any help is appreciated. I do not have a frame bracket, just the ball stud! Thanks, Jared

save yourself many potential headaches and think about going hydraulic for the clutch peddle

I know, I was looking at the hydromax kit I just don't want to spend the $$$ When I have most of the stuff I need. It would be pretty trick though!

if i remember you can look closely at the frame rail opposite where the bell housing ball stud goes and you might see a couple dimples on the top of the frame. could be covered in body coating. that would be the location the factory installs the bracket. i would install the motor and trans, and then locate where to install the "L" bracket on the frame though

good luck

Does this help?

Attachments

• 4sptechindex_clip_image002_0001.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 198
Thanks guys, I think that will help alot. I was thinking it was mounted higher than the frame. that makes more sense. I am going to install the motor and trans soon to get it right. Thanks again, Jared

It looks pretty simple, what kind of problems were you having? Is it something to do with the clutch master? Do you have any pictures of the master mounted in the car? that would be great! Thanks, Jared

-
Back