Zombie Dart! '72 Dodge Dart

-
Hey Mike. Just stopping in to see how the new car is coming along.

I took this picture today to show you the difference between 70-71 and 72 bezels, the 70-71s should work temporarily.

Attachments

• Bezels.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 509
I personally think 70-71 grilles look the best.

nice clean tough looking lines.

get the bezels and it will give you good reason to get the grille:-D

I personally think 70-71 grilles look the best.

nice clean tough looking lines.

get the bezels and it will give you good reason to get the grille:-D
For some reason beyond me, the '72 grille immediately grew on me! If I could get the 70-71 Bezels, it would make the car look less beaten up and I'd have something to hold my headlights in place too. Also, it may add to the frankenstein look it has going right now lol8)

hey dartt.. i think i have a set of the 71 bezels
i actually have an entire grill im pretty sure for a 71... but the grill mounting tabs are broke..

could you have use for it....

hey dartt.. i think i have a set of the 71 bezels
i actually have an entire grill im pretty sure for a 71... but the grill mounting tabs are broke..

could you have use for it....
I may! but I dont think the '71 Grille will fit on the '72 front clip so if I wanted to use it, I'd have to swap a few things or get creative!8)

for one, the bezels don't hold the headlights in.

you have your headlight buckets that mount to the front of the car itself and there should be a spring on each bucket and also 2 plastic studs in each bucket that screws go in.

then you need (of course your headlights) and the little "pie tins" that mount to the back side of the head lights and also the chrome headlight rings.

then you just hook the little spring into the eyelet on the "pie tin" and then run your two screws through the tin into the plastic mounting studs and your headlights will be held in place. (you also do your headlight adjustment by these two screws (the spring acts as a shock absorber....not a good idea to solid mount glass so they came up with that idea.

as for the grille.....I am not positive on this since I am not a dart/demon owner but I am pretty sure the 70-71 and 72 style grilles all fit the same ....fender and extensions all the same,hoods the same,core support I think is the same....the only thing that may be slightly different is some minor differences in mounting locations for the bolts but that can be easily remedied if that is the case.

I MIGHT have an extra set of headlight rings laying around if you need them.

for one, the bezels don't hold the headlights in.

you have your headlight buckets that mount to the front of the car itself and there should be a spring on each bucket and also 2 plastic studs in each bucket that screws go in.

then you need (of course your headlights) and the little "pie tins" that mount to the back side of the head lights and also the chrome headlight rings.

then you just hook the little spring into the eyelet on the "pie tin" and then run your two screws through the tin into the plastic mounting studs and your headlights will be held in place. (you also do your headlight adjustment by these two screws (the spring acts as a shock absorber....not a good idea to solid mount glass so they came up with that idea.

as for the grille.....I am not positive on this since I am not a dart/demon owner but I am pretty sure the 70-71 and 72 style grilles all fit the same ....fender and extensions all the same,hoods the same,core support I think is the same....the only thing that may be slightly different is some minor differences in mounting locations for the bolts but that can be easily remedied if that is the case.

I MIGHT have an extra set of headlight rings laying around if you need them.
okay. Well, the duster style headlight pie-tin thingies are the ones that need the chrome rings, I dont quite know how the Dart ones are, but I should have all my parts to get my headlights safely on soon. Atleast I really really hope so

here is the "pie tins" with rings for darts and dusters and so on

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/70-7...tZVintageQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Ouch! $43! Yeah, the Duster ones are definately different or atleast the ones I have are definately different

The ones you are showing me have an angular slot. The ones I have have just straight slots on them next to a hole. These ones seem to be very similar except they lack that angular slot instead of the straight one

there are alot cheaper ones on ebay, I just put up a link to the first ones I seen to give you an idea about what i was talking about.

if by angular slot you mean the "pie tin" mounting slots where you put the screws through to mount them into the buckets.....I am not sure but i think my dusters are on an angle also

there are alot cheaper ones on ebay, I just put up a link to the first ones I seen to give you an idea about what i was talking about.

if by angular slot you mean the "pie tin" mounting slots where you put the screws through to mount them into the buckets.....I am not sure but i think my dusters are on an angle also
then they shall be put on here as mystery "pie-tin"! I really need to get a better camera, describing things in text to a t is difficult. lol. But I know they do not fit my car, like there was no way they would either unless I really forced em on using pure brute force. Even the one of the previous owner's, chafin, said that they did not fit the car and the owner previous him also told him this when he bought the car.

Seems you guys are having quite the conversation on this subject so let me clear it up. I have worked on pretty much every 67-76 A-body so here is what you need.
The 70-72 Dart and Demon ONLY use little brackets mounted to the fender that hold the so called "pie tin" Then the light itself is held in by the chrome ring to the "pie tin" by the adjusters and springs. The chrome ring is the same for all 67-76 A-bodies and so is the pie tin. The bezel is just a decorative touch for the grille which surrounds the light and is held in by 4 screws. I'll try to get some pics for ya.

Seems you guys are having quite the conversation on this subject so let me clear it up. I have worked on pretty much every 67-76 A-body so here is what you need.
The 70-72 Dart and Demon ONLY use little brackets mounted to the fender that hold the so called "pie tin" Then the light itself is held in by the chrome ring to the "pie tin" by the adjusters and springs. The chrome ring is the same for all 67-76 A-bodies and so is the pie tin. The bezel is just a decorative touch for the grille which surrounds the light and is held in by 4 screws. I'll try to get some pics for ya.
Please take some really detailed pics! Thanks man, you are a hero!

I may! but I dont think the '71 Grille will fit on the '72 front clip so if I wanted to use it, I'd have to swap a few things or get creative!8)

BTW the 72 Grille will fit a 70 or 71 Dart/Demon and the other way around the only differences are the pigtails for the parking lights.

BTW the 72 Grille will fit a 70 or 71 Dart/Demon and the other way around the only differences are the pigtails for the parking lights.
Cool!! But really, the simplicity of the 72 grille has really grown on me. I never saw one in person close up really, but it looks so much cooler!8) Atleast to me

You do not need the bezels to hold your headlights in. I am driving my 71 without the bezels and my lights are great. I have a set of complete, bucket, pie tin adjuster screw and trim ring, springs. I mean complete from my 71 parts car. But they are rusty so a good sanding and paint will be required. They will work on your car. But I will not be able to get them out till Friday or Saturday. $10 + shipping if you can wait that long.

dartt, i already sent the money to badlilred for the piecec you requested from him

You do not need the bezels to hold your headlights in. I am driving my 71 without the bezels and my lights are great. I have a set of complete, bucket, pie tin adjuster screw and trim ring, springs. I mean complete from my 71 parts car. But they are rusty so a good sanding and paint will be required. They will work on your car. But I will not be able to get them out till Friday or Saturday. $10 + shipping if you can wait that long.

I'd be interested in the brackets if DarTT doesnt want them. My brother-in-law needs a set for his 72 but this is his first mopar and I have to find the parts for him.

-
Back