Zzdp

-
ZDDP? It is needed in engines with solid lifter or flat tappet hydraulic cams. From what I've read, all oils have some. I have also read that 1000-1200 part per million is a good mix. More for a new engine cam break in. Put "ZDDP" in the search engine here. Lots of discussion about the subject.

It's zddp.

Decent article on history.

ZDDP: When, Where, What, Why, How? - Engine Builder Magazine

Depends on your motor build, if the car has a catalytic converter and how tight it was built.

Phosphates come into the equation as well.

With no cats, and older engine platforms (even with new rebuilds) many people to go VR1 Racing because of its decent zddp content. Then again - some people swear by synthetics.

Engine builders I trust, who rebuild older platform engines without extreme tight tolerances recommend decent zddp ... so I use it in 4 cars. Newer cars I use Mobil1.

Just bought a case of Brad Penn. Suppose to have descent zddp. No experience with this oil. Any good?

Sounds good then! I have seen several advertisements in mopar mags and never really was sure if it was good or hype. So real world experience from you guys tells me to be @ ease cause this stuff will please!:lol:

There are many high quality oils on the market with the correct blend for our older cars. Here are a few brands for comparison purposes.

All of these have around 1400ppm of Zn (Zinc) and 1200ppm of P (phosphate) = plenty for our cars.

Royal purple HPS
Valvoline VR1 - my favorite blend, and one I have used for 12 years.
Lucas Hot Rod and Classic Oil
Brad Penn
Amsoil A-rod
Mobile 1 synthetic - lowest of the bunch

Just so you know.

Right on!:thumbsup: Thanks for info. Currently have vr1 30 wt in my dart. Came across a sweet deal on the brad penn on ebay had to get it. Ebay had 20% off code so that & free shipping could not resist. Case of 12 30 wt bottles. Think total was around 60 or 65 bucks!

Right on!:thumbsup: Thanks for info. Currently have vr1 30 wt in my dart. Came across a sweet deal on the brad penn on ebay had to get it. Ebay had 20% off code so that & free shipping could not resist. Case of 12 30 wt bottles. Think total was around 60 or 65 bucks!
Thanks i will definitely give them a try.thanks for your expertise.

Hey guys was wondering about the wing window channel strips.can I just glue them in or do I have to find them lil plastic slide with pins in them? It's for 72 dart swinger.any would be appreciated.

Well i get the code every now & then for frequent purchases. It depends if you make purchases often. It just takes some looking around for good deals. Amazon might be another choice. Now even facebook has a section for those selling all diferent types of products.

There are many high quality oils on the market with the correct blend for our older cars. Here are a few brands for comparison purposes.

All of these have around 1400ppm of Zn (Zinc) and 1200ppm of P (phosphate) = plenty for our cars.

Royal purple HPS
Valvoline VR1 - my favorite blend, and one I have used for 12 years.
Lucas Hot Rod and Classic Oil
Brad Penn
Amsoil A-rod
Mobile 1 synthetic - lowest of the bunch

Just so you know.

The Mobil 1 is 15w50 which would be good if your motor is on the loose side of tolerance.
Gibbs and Penn are good buy expensive. VR1 is what I'm using in my solid lifter 440.

Vr1 is good stuff. I have been using it so far so good. Just took advantage of the discount. If I get a code here soon i will pass it on to you mean dean. I recently got a house & will not be able to spend much on ebay!:eek:

-
Back