1969 Dodge Dart Pro-Street 440

-
The old weather strip out and putting in the new one. I saw a lot of people who had a lot of problems with it. So I'm taking my time starting in the corner

IMG_0751.JPG

I got them from soft seal. They went in like a champ super easy!

Only had part was the vertical seals on the quarter windows they were a pain in the asssssss!!!!!

IMG_0750.JPG

Omg!!! The hederst part of this whole project was these stupid quarter windows

The guts of the back seat and the inside of the back seat door skins are all cut out. Also all of the back window mechanisms are all missing as well

So I put some strip steel on the bottom of the windows and bolted them to what's left of the inside skins.

IMG_0766.JPG

Sssoooo here is the problem. I spent hours trying to get the windows to line up. There was no way to get it line up!!!!! I tryed and tryed!

I know there is a way to move the driver window but the only way to put the back glass in was to put it in the channel and the door glass does not go in there.

IMG_0767.JPG

Here's the passenger side. Same problem! Uuuuuuuugh

I give up. On the other hand I only drive the car in the summer with the windows down anyway. So it will be hard to notice ...

IMG_0769.JPG

That alignment has to be irritating! I'm having the body shop repair all the rollers in my rear quarter windows and they'll have to realign it all. I looked at it before and it was a job I didn't want to do. Replacing the cat whiskers as well. Mine were shot too.

That alignment has to be irritating! I'm having the body shop repair all the rollers in my rear quarter windows and they'll have to realign it all. I looked at it before and it was a job I didn't want to do. Replacing the cat whiskers as well. Mine were shot too.

The wiskers are not that bad. I used a flat head and twisted the clips out. The trick to get them back in is that they roll back in.

The worst part is not knowing which one is right, like, is the quarter window crooked and needs to be alighted to the door or is the door glass corked and needs to be alighted to the quarter glass.

Each time you see a spot that's wrong and fiX it.... another spot is off!

Thermostat house was leaking. Can't get to the bolt on the left so I'm swapping it out with a normal bolt rather than a stainless Alan head

IMG_0787.JPG

I took a picture when I was at the shop. I don't know if it will help you figure out the alignment or not but here it is.

851B9E27-D3DE-4073-87AC-7E5B5130A580.jpg

By chance do u have a zoomed in pic of how those tow windows meet each other to the roof rail gasket?
I went thru this, someone else took mine out, they were in a box. it was the biggest pain in the (DRAIN) on the whole car. I didn`t know anything about it, and had never done it before. find a service manual for your car, it will show u the adjustment points. I have worked on mine 3 times since I first put them back in, and still aren`t really satisfied w/ them. I remember my first new car was a 1968 form S fastback, the widows leaked on it new, so you might not ever get them perfect. they didn`t have computer to design the cars back then. sometimes we gotta just do the best we can, you can always go back to it later.

I went thru this, someone else took mine out, they were in a box. it was the biggest pain in the (DRAIN) on the whole car. I didn`t know anything about it, and had never done it before. find a service manual for your car, it will show u the adjustment points. I have worked on mine 3 times since I first put them back in, and still aren`t really satisfied w/ them. I remember my first new car was a 1968 form S fastback, the widows leaked on it new, so you might not ever get them perfect. they didn`t have computer to design the cars back then. sometimes we gotta just do the best we can, you can always go back to it later.

Yea man. I hear ya. I cut out the ducts under the dash for the cage so the fresh air intake in front for the windshield is now just a direct path for water to make it to the carpet. So there is no way I can leave her in the rain or car wash .

Such is life .

Finallly got the damn thermostat house to seal. Had to put like 1/2" of high temp silicone on it. But it worked.

In other news. Made a little progress on the back seat inner panels. Painted the sills, put new cat wiskers on. And painted the bottoms. Not perfict but looks slot better then the 6 colors that were back there

IMG_0789.JPG

Started painting the inner doors too. I decided to paint it on with a brush so I did not get black in the good paint.... well the brush marks in the paint pissed me off so I tryed to sand them out...

The. Realized you can't sand out semi gloss... flat you can get away with and gloss and be repolished but semi is a no go.

So I will us this vote as a base. Sand out the brush strokes and spray on the final coat.

Then I can put on the door seals. Gt sport badges and put the door togeather for the last time

IMG_0790.JPG

Looking good! If you need help with those windows you might be able to download a copy of the factory service manual for free. Course you'll have this figures out before the download would finish!

Looking good! If you need help with those windows you might be able to download a copy of the factory service manual for free. Course you'll have this figures out before the download would finish!

Thanks man. I do have the manual but it's no help. I cut out all the inner structure for those massive tubs so the real problem is the lack of material to work with ... and idk which window needs to be aligned first.

Thanks man. I do have the manual but it's no help. I cut out all the inner structure for those massive tubs so the real problem is the lack of material to work with ... and idk which window needs to be aligned first.
if you cut most of the metal out, why not scrap the whole rear window mechanism, and block-strap them up to fit your door windows the way you want. that might be my last step, as I made a business coupe out of mine too, and don`t have window cranks on it anyway.

if you cut most of the metal out, why not scrap the whole rear window mechanism, and block-strap them up to fit your door windows the way you want. that might be my last step, as I made a business coupe out of mine too, and don`t have window cranks on it anyway.

Yea man that's kinda what I did. I bolted a strip of metal to the window, drilled two holes through that and the inner structure of the quarter.

Then bolted that all togeather. Lol buuttt the holes don't allow for the window to be adjusted. Ssssoooo I have to come up with another way to bolt the window to the car so I can move it.

On the plus side there is glass where there wasent before and she is slowly getting closer for madden voyage.

What's the block strap? Is that like the race darts that had seat belts for window regulators?

I have painted these damn doors like 3 times now and they will not stop wrinkling the paint uuuugh stopppppp

IMG_0792.JPG

Sanded off the paint and red sprayed it. And it's still pealing and wrinkling!!!

Jdhdidbdkshabvagsjdbrbdisis!!!

IMG_0794.JPG

But the bottom of the door is fine...... strange

IMG_0795.JPG

**** it! I'm not one to half *** things and leave it looking like crap but she is going back to the paint shop in a few days to get some work done on it. ( the shop owner saw a flaw when it got to my house and wanted it back so he could fix it)

He can fix the doors while he is at it so I'll just put the doors back togeather.

All new weather strip.... wait.... none of the holes lines up!

Wtf wtf wtf nothing on the damn doors want to cooperate ! :mad::mad::BangHead::BangHead:

IMG_0798.JPG

Ashhhh I just drilled holes in the rubber and move them over a little. And put the rest of the door back togeather.

From this distance it looks perfict. So don't get any closer

-
Back