72 Swinger Project

-
Officially 1/1 1972 Dart Swinger R/T. Factory car with R/T options. Coil over suspension. Front disc. Rear muscle car drums. Rack and pinion steering.1972 date coded 440 4bbl and 727 Trans. 8 3/4 rear, 4:10 gears with Caltracs......those were all there in 72!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 364
Interior is done and ready for pick up. Door panels underway today. Dash getting buttoned up. Column back in and re-wire battery and gauges. Radio wired. Once rolling to shop for custom wheel fitting and alignment. Then to have a custom trunk surround put in to house two 10 inch subs. So close.

Was so concerned about valve cover clearance for master cylinder that I never thought about issues with blower motor. Well, I fit a stocker on there so a chrome stocker it will be!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 272
I figured I would say hello roller rockers while I was addressing my screw up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 280
Anyone know where to get correct nuts to hold wiper motor to firewall?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 285
Column and dash put back together. Tach needs installed then interior finished out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 296
Full fiberglass front and rear bumpers sanded and prepped for paint. Test fit rear lights and installed new seals. Ordered chin spoiler from Triggerman.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 288
I have the originals and they are practically mint. I picked these up here on FABO to drop weight on the car.

@ limegreen. Not going to lie, eBay and China. Cost was 1/4 of what an OEM would go. Cheap enough that if they looked like *** I could toss em. They are heavy and enameled metal. I got matching with sticky backs for trunk lid. These mount with a nut/bolt and cross tab so I can easily remove.

Sand, prep, assemble and test fit rear bumper assembly. Weighs like 10 pounds. My buddy fabricated a drip mold that turned out cool as hell.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 264
-
Back