72 Swinger Project

-
Sand, prep, assemble and test fit rear bumper assembly. Weighs like 10 pounds. My buddy fabricated a drip mold that turned out cool as hell.

Hey Brother, what are the details on that bumper paint? It looks nice. I may paint mine until I can afford some new chrome.....

Ummm. Right now in that pic it is just grey fiberglass that has been sanded smooth. There is a whole lotta nothing on it right now. Will be painted body color.

Custom panels to match seats are done. No time to get them this week. Last of the interior pieces.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 411
Man that's coming right along. I like the look of those panels...it's going to look great. Almost time.......

Dude I am so wanting this to get buttoned up. Got the chin spoiler from Triggerman mocked up. Wiring to front lights. Waiting on new valve covers to fit under blower motor. Biggest thing I have left once glass is in it is a front end alignment and correct measurements for wheels and tires.

Test fit. Assemble. I was moderately aroused by the results. SHWING!!!!! Chin spoiler from Triggerman

Attachments

• image.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 413
Two steps closer on interior. Pick up door panels and rests this week. Need to find some more of the little metal fasteners to hold them on...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 372
Seat belts and carpet need buttoned up..radio going in the glove box then I will put door on. Outer handles had b body latch mechanisms despite the detail on them saying for A body. Couple other minor things...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 377
Trunk seal placed, full of speaker boxes. Finish panel placed and painted satin black. Rear trunk emblems arrived to match grill. All marker lights ready to install. Front and rear bumpers will come back off for paint...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 359
Running and moving on its own, glass in and sealed up. Drove out of the paint booth on its own. First time it has moved under its own power since I have owned it!

Still need to address a front end alignment, rims and tires.....interior touches. Some other stuff....stoked!

Tranny seal **** the bed. Better on the shop floor than on the road!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 323
Up on the lift, trans pulled, seal replaced. Will place back in this weekend. Not sure when I will fix the paint on this car. Completely ripped off by a "restoration" shop. Shop full of Mopars!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 312
Body color fiberglass bumpers. Not sure it looks as good as I planned in my head. I was set on police rim in body color...think I will need to consider chrome to brighten it up...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 389
Thanks. Bugs. I have to get some help to make correct measures for rims and tires. No tub in this car. I wanted police rims and caps but won't fit up front. Stock backspace rubs on inside. They fit out back. I have some old school Cragars up front. Was thinking those all the way around VS some chrome hallibrands.

Thank you. A lot of time in the last few months addressing small things. A few big ticket items(rims and tires) and she will be on the road.

-
Back