72 Swinger Project

-
Not completely done, but in my driveway! Tomorrow it gets a bath after I install soundproof and plastic on doors, seatbelts, misc

Attachments

• image.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 509
:D
I really like the way the front turned out. Some detail work left to do to be show quality.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 430
Yesterday was a break from it all before I write my paper for this course I am in. Took the Dart on a few test runs. Definitely not geared for distance trips. Acceleration is just crazy. Brakes work. The tach is not working correctly at all and I can't figure that out. Tuning

Yesterday was a break from it all before I write my paper for this course I am in. Took the Dart on a few test runs. Definitely not geared for distance trips. Acceleration is just crazy. Brakes work. The tach is not working correctly at all and I can't figure that out. Tuning

I look forward to the day my project moves and stops on its own....

Congratulations on a job well done. Just like everything in life, getting the way you want it is all about the small adjustments you still have on your list:D

Just finished a 2000 word paper on the National Security Strategy...been burning the candle at both ends. Burn outs soon...thanks guys.

Well if it ain't an elbow it's an asshole. Went to start the car today and click.....wtf. Lights come on, enough power to run fans, but not enough to get it to go. Put the battery on the charger. We shall see.....really wanted to drive it. I ate Turkey instead. Happy Thanksgiving

....and a blessed Thanksgiving to you and your family. To bad the car wouldn't start.

Denny

Denny if there is one thing I hate it is wiring. Pulled the battery and had it checked and that wasn't it. The ignition switch in the column is new. Power to lights and fans are good. Turn the key and all I get is a metallic click. Couldn't be more frustrating. There is nothing on this car that isn't new.....except the under dash harness.

Hate to say it.....but I had a similar issue.

Turned out to be a faulty starter relay....cheap chit. I have replaced two of them and keep an extra in the second battery box in the trunk

That is what I think it is too. Still a pain in my sack. Only because I decided to put it in the Xmas parade. I wen over every wire and connection and not a single thing was loose. I am still in the phase of drive it and go back and look at everything.

The cam card was in a folder at my buddy's shop when it burned down. I will get it for you I put the same cam in the last 440 I built to sell. I put all the receipts with the motor when it ships. Driving today. Will send an email to see if I can get it.

Car is up and running again. Column shifter wasn't quite getting it back into park, therefor it did not want to start. I will be accepting dipshit of the week nominations through the end of the day!

You're not alone. I did the same thing with my '68 Cougar. Swapped batteries, battery cables, changed the starter relay, went nuts on that thing. Then I realized that the floor shifter was loose and wasn't shoved all the way into Park. *facepalm* I spent about 2 hours screwing around chasing ghosts. It happens to the best of us. And me, too.

:eek:ops:

Yeah...I am still learning. I called my buddy as I was lost. He walked in my garage and it running before I could pour him a cup of coffee...

Just finished reading this entire thread. Thank you for all the great info and pics as I recently started a '72 Swinger build myself. Will refer back to this thread as I plan my own build. Love your car! Thanks again.

-
Back