Communication your customers <rant>

-

notenoughcash

Reaction score
Really, is it totally gone ? Older than dirt washer/dryer combo finally talks a dump a few weeks ago, I hold out for the memorial day sale @ Lowes and score nicely on a new set, $100 off + 10% for buying on Monday + no sales tax, free delivery/setup haul off of old stuff. Not in stock at the store. No problem, schedule for delivery today, get confirmation blah blah for 12-5PM 2:30 rolls around and no call so I run down there (it's literally 5 min away) and goto customer service.

Ask about today's delivery and it's no where to be found on todays sheet. Hrmmm. Have them look up the sale, confirm phone number is good etc. Wait 10 minutes for 'research'. FInd out the items are not yet at the store and they rescheduled for Wednesday. No call, nothing, just blew it off and changed the date.

Asked for the manager, waited 10 more minutes, end result was a blow off, Oops, well, I guess we forgot to call and update, sorry. Expressed my displeasure as 1) now I have to kill a half day of work 2) Passed on am invite to spend the weekend with friends on houseboat. Again, uhhm, err, well, sorry. Crappy don't give a f*&k attitude all around, no concern about how this may impact anyone, zero zilch, nada, I'm expected to just go "OK, thanks for the non-update, I'll go about my day now with no cares"

Is it really that hard to call and update anyone anymore ? It was clearly stated in the sale invoice that delivery was today. If the deal overall wasn;t so damn good I'd have cancelled the sale on the spot and demanded a refund but I'd either take a hit somewhere else getting the same or not get what was prefered.

Ugghh, I'd get, at best, written up at work if not canned for BS like this.

Venting over....now to reclaim what's left of today at a laundromat :banghead:

<edit> Yeah, I know, the title is missing a word, didn't catch it till I hit submit

Really, is it totally gone ? Older than dirt washer/dryer combo finally talks a dump a few weeks ago, I hold out for the memorial day sale @ Lowes and score nicely on a new set, $100 off + 10% for buying on Monday + no sales tax, free delivery/setup haul off of old stuff. Not in stock at the store. No problem, schedule for delivery today, get confirmation blah blah for 12-5PM 2:30 rolls around and no call so I run down there (it's literally 5 min away) and goto customer service.

Ask about today's delivery and it's no where to be found on todays sheet. Hrmmm. Have them look up the sale, confirm phone number is good etc. Wait 10 minutes for 'research'. FInd out the items are not yet at the store and they rescheduled for Wednesday. No call, nothing, just blew it off and changed the date.

Asked for the manager, waited 10 more minutes, end result was a blow off, Oops, well, I guess we forgot to call and update, sorry. Expressed my displeasure as 1) now I have to kill a half day of work 2) Passed on am invite to spend the weekend with friends on houseboat. Again, uhhm, err, well, sorry. Crappy don't give a f*&k attitude all around, no concern about how this may impact anyone, zero zilch, nada, I'm expected to just go "OK, thanks for the non-update, I'll go about my day now with no cares"

Is it really that hard to call and update anyone anymore ? It was clearly stated in the sale invoice that delivery was today. If the deal overall wasn;t so damn good I'd have cancelled the sale on the spot and demanded a refund but I'd either take a hit somewhere else getting the same or not get what was prefered.

Ugghh, I'd get, at best, written up at work if not canned for BS like this.

Venting over....now to reclaim what's left of today at a laundromat :banghead:

<edit> Yeah, I know, the title is missing a word, didn't catch it till I hit submit

Well ya better get used to it, or not lol.
Customer service is long gone with most companies. Hell it started with this phone prompt obstacle course bs just to finally talk to some freakin mullah or Haji that can't understand you, you can't understand them and in reality they don't give a rat's azz about helping you. The annoyance is by design so you
A) cuss them out------they hang up, call ended
B) pizz u off-------you hang up, call ended
C) throw your phone-----it breaks,call ended
D) threaten to kill them------Swat at the door terrorist threat, call ended
E) you jump out the window-------your dead, call ended

All outcomes successes on their part because they have helped you do nothing and also deterred you from calling back.

I for one Do Not Ever Hesitate to get satisfaction and generally do, the SECRET TO SUCCESS is to get very loud in the store and draw attention to your situation. No major cussing (minor ok) and no threats of physical violence. Stores hate a LOUD, DISTRACTIVE, unhappy customer and will ALWAYS relent.
Unhappy ok, but Loud and Distractive, nah they don't like.

As for your problem, a lot of the "lack of customer service problems" are actually attributed to the fact that people are F-EN STUPID. I don't mean just kind of stupid but I mean really stupid. I've already just this year dealt with idiot managers at Nordic Track, Verizon, Walmart, T-Mobile and Home Depot (real dummies here).
Gotta get back to work, but you touched a nerve(ya think)haha.

On a positive note ya wanna know who has really good customer service?

JEGS JEGS JEGS, they always answer the phone and they literally go out of there way to satisfy the customer if a problem arises. Been my experience anyway and wish JEGS was training customer service centers globally. Hey,maybe all call centers should be reclaimed from Haji land and re situated in Ohio.

CALL 1-800-44LOWES and complain tell them you want complaint to go to the market manager because store has already dropped the ball .

lowes has gone way down hill...had similar experience recently store clerks reply was that she didn't care...I repeated her statment loudly in form of question and informed her she would later when i call corporate....I never did call but i'm sure she cares now :)

LOve the airboat in your avatar....

CALL 1-800-44LOWES and complain tell them you want complaint to go to the market manager because store has already dropped the ball .

Is it really that hard to call and update anyone anymore ?

I don't know, it seems that no one gives a damn anymore, especially the generation down. Complacency, lack of attention, don't give a s%$t attitude and it's bleeding over into everyday life for all of us.

On a side note, I get a call on my cell phone this morning, mind you I live in Michigan, it was a tech from DirecTV calling to let me know he was running late for my install. I'm thinking, hmmm...., I already have it. Turns out he was trying to contact someone in Utah. I get another call a while later from corporate, letting me know the tech was running late.

They just could not get it right.

You can find the kind of customer service you're looking for at the smaller privately owned specialty retailers. You can expect to pay a little more for the same item.
I support locally owned businesses every chance I get. For me, White's Appliance is only 2 blocks away from Lowes. Mine will be 1 of 3 to 5 local deliveries scheduled for a given day. Yours was one of what 10 thousand nation wide ?

OMG...I had the same experience at Lowe's two years ago but much, much, much worse! They screwed up everything six ways to Sunday. I went to the local appliance store for that part of it...no sweat, no more expensive than I would have paid at Lowe's. I run from Lowe's now, RUN!

Maybe they were too busy trimming out shrines to Jimmie Johnson. :)

I had a similar problem, but with Home Depot! Ordered my addition lumber package from them, told them where to deliver it...nope, not allowed to back in the driveway! Ok, will call it and ill pick it up on my trailer! Give them the day and time ill pick it up ( 2 days), go to pick it up..no lumber!! Go in, talk to the manager..."we're swamped and can't get to it until Saturday"..(2 more days)!! Sorry!!

I went right over to Lowes, which is just a couple stores away.."sure, we can have it for you, AND deliver it tomorrow!! Right on time!! Oh, and they brought an extra 100 studs!! I always go to Lowes first, Home Depot has lost about $100,000 of my money over the years for that one incident!!

Go to the local appliance store here too. Yeah, sometimes things cost a little more but not always and when it does it's never much. Got P.Oed with Home Depot a few years ago. Took the wrong dryer at one of my rentals. When I called to get it back, they claimed they didn't know where it was.
Lowes can be as bad. But they are better than Home Depot. I'd call the 1-800 # raise hell.

I held my tongue today in the local Horrid Freight. On the trailer project.........

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=273175

2l8u2xe.jpg

I decided to try a couple of cheap trailer tongue jacks on the rear. 23 bucks each. But I wanted to LOOK at the damn things not just imagine the well-air-brushed almost-a-photo on the box.

The manager came over. I guess he was half joking. "Well, a tongue jack is pretty much a tongue jack."

(NO THEY ARE NOT, there are all kinds of the damn things!!)

"We really don't like opening up boxes."

REALLY?? Even for what turned out to be a 60-some dollar sale? That isn't worth 30 seconds of your time, and maybe 5 cents worth of shipping tape?

I held my tongue today in the local Horrid Freight. On the trailer project.........

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=273175

I decided to try a couple of cheap trailer tongue jacks on the rear. 23 bucks each. But I wanted to LOOK at the damn things not just imagine the well-air-brushed almost-a-photo on the box.

The manager came over. I guess he was half joking. "Well, a tongue jack is pretty much a tongue jack."

(NO THEY ARE NOT, there are all kinds of the damn things!!)

"We really don't like opening up boxes."

REALLY?? Even for what turned out to be a 60-some dollar sale? That isn't worth 30 seconds of your time, and maybe 5 cents worth of shipping tape?

As I am opening the box my question to them when they say that is "Why wasn't there one on display?" 99% of the time they don't come up with an answer.

)

LOve the airboat in your avatar....
Waggin you should see it in person it has a paint job that sparkles like diamonds
has two different colors of pearl and fades from sublime green to yella and back

-
Back