My 67 Formula S Resto. thread

-
Life is kid of like foottball. Working to reach our goals is offense. Keeping the spouse, employer, bill collectors, and your own body happy, is all defense. We cant know how much time will be spent playing defense but we can pray that we stay in the game. And dont settle for field goals that you may regret later. You can always back up and punt and still win. :)

I have not worked on the car for the last two months.Since Nov I lost both of my Grandmothers and my dog.I was sick for about month and now I am out of money.I also adpoted a new dog that has taken up all my free time.But even with no money I still have primer to keep me going.I can spend money on the Formula here and there but no big purchases for a while.I am working alot of overtime at work so that will help me get caught up on bills,but Sundays will be the only days I can work on the car for awhile.

Jim

Sorry to hear about those deaths. Taking a break from such a large project is healthy. Really impressive the attention to detail and the extent you are going to to rid that car of rust and other body defects. Keep at it and one day you will step back, look at the car, and say to yourself yeah it was worth it, and I did it myself.

Sorry to hear about those deaths. Taking a break from such a large project is healthy. Really impressive the attention to detail and the extent you are going to to rid that car of rust and other body defects. Keep at it and one day you will step back, look at the car, and say to yourself yeah it was worth it, and I did it myself.

x2

I see AMD is coming out with full quarters I am going to buy atleast the drivers side and be done with it.

Jim

Just read this from start to finish Jim. My condolensces for your losses. Take a while, and recharge! You are doing great work!

Sorry for the changes you have had to endure.....best wishes and good luck, in life and with your car.

Ok as of now I have had more time to work on the Formula.New quarter panels in production now.So this weekend I am going to start working on the car again.

Jim

Yes I saw that in Mopar Muscle. I went to AMDs website and they are 600 bucks. Glad your getting back into it,Jim. I have taken a break myself to work on boats,pool,etc.
Andy

I worked on the Formula Today and yesterday.I am working on mini tubbing the car.I started on the drivers side and I am about ready to weld it up.I have never done anything like this and it is alot of work.

Jim

Attachments

• Bri Water Park 004.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 781
  • Bri Water Park 002.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 778
  • Bri Water Park 013.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 784
jim,

are you going to try and keep the rear seat in with the mini tub? i'm thinking abouit doing the same thing on my 68 formula s. i'll be watching your work closely. awesome work, by the way...:prayer:

I finally got the drivers side tub welded in.Man it took along time to get this figured out and welded in.I must have ha the tub in and out 50 times...LOL .I am now filling the seams and I have to weld the trunk and seat bracket on to the tub.I will post pics later this week.

Jim

Here is the drivers side.I still need to weld the brakets back onto the tub and primer it.

Jim

Attachments

• tub 002.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 712
  • tub 003.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 682
Here is the drivers side.I still need to weld the brakets back onto the tub and primer it.

Jim

I just read the entire thread .....

My Lord ....... you should have spayed that beautiful cleaned metal with CLEAR!!! very sweet .... subscribed

I'm already subscribed here, but still very impressed with your diligence and skills on making the car new again without being a hacker.......:D

I have a story to share with U @ MMW 8) :smile: :cheers:

You really going to have to know what you are looking at, to know the tubs are not stock when I am done.

Jim

Here is the drivers side in primer.I have to weld another bracket on yet,but its almost done.Almost look factory doesn't it?Boy was it alot of work...

Jim

Attachments

• wheel tub 001.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 609
  • wheel tub 002.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 652
  • wheel tub 003.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 589
I have the next two weeks off of work.I hope to get some work done on the Formula.Pics coming soon....

Jim

-
Back