My 67 Formula S Resto. thread

-
Looks like your doing a real nice job.Stay motivated.

Attachments

• P7110053.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 953
I cut the pan and fit into place.I will not be able to weld it in until i get some weld through primer.

Attachments

• Formula#10 002.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 992
  • Formula#10 004.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 948
  • Formula#10 005.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 961
  • Formula#10 006.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 944
I keep wondering how people cut out all these parts and the car's still straight when alls said and done.... what exactly do you use as reference points? Seems you cut out so much of the quarters and bottom...

I blasted and cleaned inside of the frame,and then painted.I will get the pan welded in before the weekend.Then I got a B pillar post from Redfish so that will be next on the list.I am going to do the trunk extensions and the lower quarters last,maybe by then AMD will be making them.

Jim

Attachments

• formula#10 007.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 933
  • formula#10 006.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 909
  • formula#10 005.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 907
I got half the pan welded in Tue, and then I ran out of weld gas.I got more gas Sat, and welded the rest of it up today.I will lightly skim coat the pan to tunnel and the pan to pan seams.Then i will go over each spot weld.You will never know it has been replaced once I primer and paint the floor pan.The AMD pan fit like a glove by the way.

Jim

Attachments

• formula S #11 060.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 889
  • formula S #11 061.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 825
  • formula S #11 062.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 842
Things are moving forward at a great pace Jim, and this is a great How to thread :cheers:
When I got to page 3 and seen all that shinny metal I about chit!!! Wow you got it in great shape so your uncle could shot it :thumrigh:
Looing good Jim Thank you for a great thread.
I lived in a little town called Paw Paw and I know what you mean about shut down time, I had a few friends that worked for CAT and Steve lampson and his brothers worked about the same. Keep up the perrrrfect work :cheers:

I had some bad neck and shoulder pain, so I have not worked on the car for a few weeks.But I am back at it today.I am working on getting the drivers side B pillar welded in.

Jim

This thread is worthless without pics of...that mousehouse in the torsion bar crossmember!!!

Jim, why haven't I seen this thread??? Your work is incredible, and I mean that 100%. Beautiful work, and I thought the car was solid before you tore into it!! Although Nella hasn't seen this thread, she will tomorrow after school. Now, I'm not gonna tip my hand to her to come up with a name, but when I saw through the thread at all the work you were doing, the first name that came to my mind was "Snoball". I'll just let her look through the thread and tell her to try her hand at a name for this beauty. Any ideas what color you're painting it?? Interior color??

Man, I love this thread...nice work Jim!! Geof

Thanks Geof this is my real first attempt at bodywork and welding. The car came with complete red metallic red interior.I was thinking of painting it black,and then I saw Tonys car at MMW.Yes it will be black!!!It may be hard to come with a name for the fish,but I am sure with think of a good one.

jim

Here is a pic. of the second mouse house.It is in the torsion bar frame were it meets the rocker, its alittle hard to see at first but look hard it's there.I found a third mouse nest in the drivers rocker panel today.I really hat mice...LOL

Jim

Attachments

• formula #9 002.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 853
I am kicking it around.

That would be awfully tempting if it was mine... lol

Do you have big block torsion bars, trans, headers, etc... to do it?

My friends joke around with me about putting a big block in mine but they don't realize how much it would cost to do it. All I have is small block stuff.

I have the original 4 speed.I would need motor mounts,headers,bellhousing,and radiator.
I have a brand new 11 inch clutch,but I have been told I need to use a 10 inch bellhousing.

I'd stick a hot 360 in there dressed like a 273. Or a stroker if you can swing it.

It seems to me over the years I have noticed that one can build a small block to make as much TQ/HP as a big block for the same amount of money for trans, bell housing, radiator, etc... if one wants to go big block. The thing is however is one can say "It's got a big block in it" which makes eye brows raise most of the time. The part I dislike about a big block in the nose of the car gets "heavy".

Glad to see the 'ol Gal getting some love! I remember when it was "found" in So Cal and made the trip back east....and bounced around between owners a few times.

-
Back