‘71 Demon with Ralleye Dash looking to retrofit Intellitronix

-

bob1970

Reaction score
We have a ‘71 Demon with a Ralleye dash and most of the gauges need attention so we are thinking of going with the Intellitronix digital. The bezel used is a non Ralleye version. Has anyone else executed this change on an existing Ralleye dash?

We have a ‘71 Demon with a Ralleye dash and most of the gauges need attention so we are thinking of going with the Intellitronix digital. The bezel used is a non Ralleye version. Has anyone else executed this change on an existing Ralleye dash?
If you are looking for parts you need to place a parts wanted ad in the proper Marketplace forum.

Yes, I did that too but I am looking for anyone that has executed this change as well for some experience on what to do.

Yes, I did that too but I am looking for anyone that has executed this change as well for some experience on what to do.
Of course they make a kit for a non-rally dash.
I would think in your case you would have to make a template with the factory gauges so you have a backing plate that attaches to the back of your cage cluster area. Then cut holes out of that backing plate to know your singular gauges on/in..

Some pictures of what you have from intellitronics and the back side of your rally dash instrument cluster would help get started.

Well the car is getting some brakes put on it so I am limited in gathering pictures but here is what we have.

4C168D0B-1D34-4621-9811-8DA01BED8212.png

Well the car is getting some brakes put on it so I am limited in gathering pictures but here is what we have.

View attachment 1716031298
You're having brakes put on it?...
And now you're going to try and tackle taking the entire dash out and refabricating new gauges bracing?....
That whole wood grain dash facade probably has to come out and take the gauges out of the back of it and make some kind of backing plate back there that will accept the new gauges and bolt it to the back of that dash so it faces through..,
If you're not able to do the brakes yourself I'm losing confidence that you're going to be able to take the complete dash apart and fabricate backing plates and make it all work and put it all back together....

lol We have taken it to someone who has time to do the install for the drum to disc conversion brakes. I wouldn't proclaim myself or my father as an expert mechanic but we have rebuilt cars. My father farms for a living and thus has inherit skills in multiple areas. Its not a matter of skill, it's a matter of time available. This is my father's car and he just had knee replacement surgery. What the question is if anyone has executed the change of a Ralleye dash to add this Intellitronix circuit board made for a Non-Ralleye Dash bezel? And is it possible to use the existing bezel on the right side of the dash and/or what others did. I am not sure we will execute this or not but asking if anyone has done it.

Last edited:
For you I would probably go with four-speed ragtops recommendations...
A disc brake conversion should be more of a bolt-in deal but fabricating backing plates is a little bit more time consuming and intricate. Let alone behind the dash I'll add delicate...
Intellitronics could be a way to go but definitely you'd have to use one of their generic kits and make sure measurements are made before ordering. I've yet to see anybody do one of these inteletronics kits on a rally dash. Just within the last year they recently came out with a Bolton kit for the non-rellidash.
I've done their bolt-in kits and I've even done a custom kit in my own truck that they don't make one for. But you're really dash is a little bit more special and I would see if there's anybody out there that's making a kid specifically for that. I do like the fact that they're American made and have a lifetime warranty but they more cater to Chevy and Ford...

IMG_20221008_135402518.jpg

upload_2022-2-18_20-10-14.jpeg

PXL_20220207_222548221.jpg

Yes, the disc brakes are kits from Wilwood and fairly bolt on. I just don't have the time to do it. I am an engineer/program manager by trade and don't mind taking on complex fabrication, but I pick and choose what I want to get into and not sure yet on this one.

This is the Intellitronix dash I was considering for the Non-Ralleye dash. It appears the circuitboard itself attaches to the back of the bezel but I am sure it would need braces to hold it.

Part Number: IZL-DP1805W- they state bezel not included

Intellitronix digital dash.JPG

Intellitronix in dash.JPG

Intellitronix digital dash Bits.JPG

Last edited:
Yes, the disc brakes are kits from Wilwood and fairly bolt on. I just don't have the time to do it. I am an engineer/program manager by trade and don't mind taking on complex fabrication, but I pick and choose what I want to get into and not sure yet on this one.

This is the Intellitronix dash I was considering for the Non-Ralleye dash. It appears the circuitboard itself attaches to the back of the bezel but I am sure it would need braces to hold it.

Part Number: IZL-DP1805W- they state bezel not included

View attachment 1716031335

View attachment 1716031336

View attachment 1716031339
Yes this kit has been done before here on the forum and I'm not sure how it works for them but as I've showed I've done a couple of different kinds of theirs and I will be during this particular kit here when I redo my duster. But with that all said you would have to change the entire dashboard out and have to get that front facade bezel for a non rally dash which if I had a rally dash I would not do. I'm sure you could trade that rally dash for a standard dash and everything you needed quite easily those are much more expensive. Again it would be a matter of (I'm not going to do the research for you of course) getting the two gauges that do everything and mounting them in your current rally dash where the multi-gauge circle is and speed of circle is...

I appreciate the feedback but I didn’t ask you to do the research.

I didn’t ask about a custom one off setup. I am asking about this specific Intellitronix digital dash pod and installing it is a Ralleye dash. I do agree that it would take Non- Ralleye bezels around the gauges.

Okay it kind of sounds like you got this all figured out.. I did see your wanted ad for the bezel I hope you're going to get the entire dash that holds that kind of bezel as well... I'm sure you already know that..

Yes I did see that the Ralleye dash and Non-Ralleye dash has two pieces as I did the research.

I am sure you know way more about these things than I do but I don’t get the attitude and innuendo. People sometimes come onto these forums to get help without being challenged on knowledge, skill and confidence boosts. If you want to add information great if not, don’t.

Call Intel, and see if they or someone they know offers a rally version?
The rally dash would look good done properly.
IMO modifying the Intel to work in rally dash would be very time consuming and could prove fatal(no warranty?)

Yes, that what I have gleaned from the findings so far. This car has had an automatic installed for the manual so the speedometer is off but that shouldn’t be a big deal to fix. They added a tach that isn’t working between the speedometer and the rest of the gauges.

I will continue to see what makes most sense as far as time and money to execute. Thanks for the pointers.

Factory tach? Pics? Mr Heaterbox may be able to help with questions as well.
Not sure why Intel didnt do a rally version? Maybe they figgered leave perfection as is lol

Would probably be easier to change out the dash frame for the style that bezel fits rather than cut up your Rallye frame. 70-2 Duster or 72 Dart. 73 the hole for the heater control changed.

No not factory it’s aftermarket piece and is large. I didn’t snap a picture but will when we check on the car.

We probably wouldn’t have even thought to pursue digital gauges except for the fact most aren’t working so perhaps it’s just buckling down and fixing what’s in there.

I did find this picture but is at an extreme angle and hard to really see the tach.

68757E38-E4A1-44FD-A1EF-75DF785FD531.jpeg

I'm all for fixing what's there, personally. I find the Rallye Dash the sexiest gauge cluster ever made.

The only gauges you really need working is the fuel. Oil temp and volt/amm can be taken care of tastefully with a triple gauge set as in the pic. That's what we did. Left factory gauges in for looks. Our cars messy, but you get the idea.

20230107_114822.jpg

20230107_114938.jpg

-
Back