Status
Not open for further replies.

Detroit Iron

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
One of None!

This car is a basket case, but has a lot of cool parts that would make a unique car to the right person. The original intentions were to build a one of none ’70 Swinger 340 convertible.

This Dart is non-op registered as a 1970 Dart hard top. The California title is clear and no DMV fees are due.

$2k - located in San Jose CA.

• Being a California car, this car has NO RUST.
  • One of the quarter panels is not fully welded in place.
  • The car was being set up for a 4-speed, so the hole is in the floor.
  • The car has no fenders.
  • K-member is for a six cylinder.
  • Kelsey Hayes disc brakes.
  • Tinted green glass (with the exception of one wing window).
  • Rear end is 7 ¼ but has been rebuilt and makes no noise.
  • Comes with sub-frame connectors.
  • Excellent grill and headlight bezels.
  • All the extra parts are in the photos and in pretty good condition.
  • No motor, no transmission.

IMG_2064.JPG

IMG_2065.JPG

IMG_2066.JPG

IMG_2069.JPG

IMG_2070.JPG

IMG_2071.JPG

IMG_2078.JPG

IMG_2082.JPG

IMG_2089.JPG

IMG_2092.JPG

Last edited:
did this start as a 67-69 car or was all the older stuff added to a 70?

The original intentions were to build a one of none ’70 Swinger 340 convertible.

it would be 1 of at least 2 or 3..lol there is a burnt orange one, a yellow one and i thought i saw one other..

I know of at least 3 others. Owner of Wildcat Auto Wrecking in Oregon had one for many years and it was pristine - looked like it rolled off the factory line. There was a blue one in the Seattle area (called Frankendart), and I saw a brown one at Carlisle in 2001. All those cars were made from 1967-69 convertibles that got hit from the rear. Big question is if this is titled as a 1970 hardtop, did they go about this the other way around (grafting earlier convertible parts onto a 70 car) or did they just use the dash VIN from a donor 70 dart?

I know of at least 3 others. Owner of Wildcat Auto Wrecking in Oregon had one for many years and it was pristine - looked like it rolled off the factory line. There was a blue one in the Seattle area (called Frankendart), and I saw a brown one at Carlisle in 2001. All those cars were made from 1967-69 convertibles that got hit from the rear. Big question is if this is titled as a 1970 hardtop, did they go about this the other way around (grafting earlier convertible parts onto a 70 car) or did they just use the dash VIN from a donor 70 dart?
This car started as a 68 GT convertible. I cut and modified the 1/4's when I built it over 30 years ago. The exterior sheet metal is '70. This car comes with a clear 1970 title, fender tag, dash tag, door tag, and trunk rail VIN. The core support is '70. The only change still needed is to modify the voltage regulator mount on the firewall. It will need a new tail panel as the one sitting in it now is bent. The best thing is to have a parts car available.

Last edited:
This car started as a 68 GT convertible. I cut and modified the 1/4's when I built it over 30 years ago. The exterior sheet metal is '70. This car comes with a clear 1970 title, fender tag, dash tag, door tag, and trunk rail VIN. The core support is '70. The only change still needed is to modify the voltage regulator mount on the firewall. It will need a new tail panel as the one sitting in it now is bent. The best thing is to have a parts car available.

Was this a running car around San Jose in the 1980s? There was one at that time. I talked to the owner once or twice.

I hopped in the car back then at a drive through. At that time I had a flat hood on my GTS convertible with the twin scoops...and it was in primer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back