04 Dodge Rumble Bee advice

-
Anything numbered usually appreciates...eventually.

At 5k I would load up a trailer and get it! I even like the color. I would drive it all the time.

What sold me on my pickup was the demo ride. The last pickupI drove was a new 77 Ford that the boss had bought and it rode like hell. I drove the 05 and I noticed how great it rode so I signed on the dotted line. I paid half of what new trucks are going for so I'll keep it a while longer.

The owner has nerve problems with his legs and has not been able to drive for a long time. Was hoping to get better only got worse. Letting things go.

Well? Any updates? $5K would get me closer to finishing the Duster, but that truck is beyond sweet! Really hoping you can get ahold of that!!

I made an offer of $4,000. When he said yes I couldn't let it go.

20220216_181244.jpg

You just hit the lottery with that purchase. Does it have 4 wheel drive? My is 4WD and has an emblem on the tailgate denoting it. I didn't notice on that one, but still a tremendous buy at that price. Good luck with and hope you enjoy it as much as have with mine. One year somebody was selling a Rumble bee shirt and I had to have it. I also bought 2 yellow trim ring that goes a round the speakers.

Found out this truck was a parade truck and Darlington in 04. Will have to ask again who was in it. Low number truck. Update. Greg Biffle was the driver that rode in the truck.

20220217_132407.jpg

Last edited:
To go along with the yellow speaker rings he also had yellow pieces that went over the knobs. This was probably about 15 years ago that I bought the stuff at Carlisle.

The truck will be for sale after I go through everything. We would like a new kitchen and bathroom. It probably won't completely pay for either one but would put a good dent in it. Going to change all the fluids and any rubber hose I can find. I want it to be road ready. And safe.

Now that I have the truck what would be the best lube to put in the cylinders before I even turn it over by hand? I checked the oil and saw no signs of moisture in the pan. So I will just change the oil and filter before spinning the engine. Thanks again for all the help with this bringing back to life venture.

I sprayed in Marvel Mystery oil in a 340 I hadnt turned over in years. Maybe dump a good bit in each cylinder before changing oil. Let it sit in there for a couple days. Rotate engine by hand, let set again then do the oil change.

Thanks for the response. Have my Marvel Mystery Oil and waiting for the weekend to play with my new toy.

so...where is the engine going to go into?
and are you replacing it with an LS?

:poke:

-
Back