1 Barrel Carb

-

greengodart70

Reaction score
Im in desperate need of a 1 bbl carb for the 198 /6 ive looked everywhere for one and noone can order them if anyone has any ideas on where to find one or if anyone has one layin around they would like to sell let me kno any info is appreciated

Thanks guys the only prob ive tried the holley II and the 1920 and neither lets the car run right im really lookin for a good old carter that i can rebuild thats what originally came off of the car

What year is it. We have A few in good shape!! I will get some pics after work today Don.

why not try rejetting the 1920 or is it something else about the carb that doesnt "tweak" well.. i bought cause from reading else wear it is suppose to be better for gas milage. guess i will see about that, i think the rebuildt one on my duster now is a carter, need to check on that.

Pretty sure I have one It would probably need a rebuild. PM me you address, and I will send it to you.

Robb

I myself just recently needed a carter. I picked one up threw craigslist for $10. And a carb kit from Autozone for just under $10. I chucked the late 70's smogger carb in the round file after pulling it all apart for the bits and pieces. The previous owner welded the U tab onto the end of the throttle shaft to work with the early throttle linkage. And he didn't do it with it apart as by the burn marks in the side of the carb bowl and body housing. It's runs so much better now. Just remember to clean clean clean. And reassemble in a clean brightly lit place.

One of the biggest problems is the general awefulness of parts store rebuilt carbs - they're put together so badly a teenager in his dad's basement could do a better job than your typical place that rebuilds carbs for a parts store. I know because I've run both on my Dart at various times. :)

If the local wrecking yards don't have any suitable BBSs or 1920s (it's getting hard to find an unmolested one), you might want to just Super Six it.

yea i wish i could find a super six manifold ive tried hah and theres no junk yards in my area that would have any dodges or even older cars

NAPA has them in stock at the warehouse, at least for 225's the Holley 1920 is $179.99 with your core. P/N 64-3114

-
Back