1'' bypass hose issue

-

rigger3006

Reaction score
i picked up a weiand xcelerator sb intake, it has a 3/4'' bypass hose fitting.my water pump and intake have 1'', is there an adapter fitting for this, if i can even get the old fitting out of the weiand

No need to change the fitting, I had the same issue with mine. I just cut a piece of 3/4 heater hose ( about 3/4 long ) and slid it on the 3/4 fitting. Your 1" bypass hose will slide over the 3/4 heater hose. You can use a little bit of silicone between the two if you want. I ran mine like that for years until I installed my LD340 this spring. Bobby

If you want to remove, soak in PB Blaster and let sit. Be careful if you use heat.
Alternative way is to cut "cross hairs" in the end with a hacksaw blade. You've cut it into 1/4's, now you can "fold" each 1/4 in. Hope that makes sense.

If you want to remove, soak in PB Blaster and let sit. Be careful if you use heat.
Alternative way is to cut "cross hairs" in the end with a hacksaw blade. You've cut it into 1/4's, now you can "fold" each 1/4 in. Hope that makes sense.
so just cut and fold down to 3/4''?

No need to change the fitting, I had the same issue with mine. I just cut a piece of 3/4 heater hose ( about 3/4 long ) and slid it on the 3/4 fitting. Your 1" bypass hose will slide over the 3/4 heater hose. You can use a little bit of silicone between the two if you want. I ran mine like that for years until I installed my LD340 this spring. Bobby
hmmm......good idea,thanks

Sorry, yes CFD/Troy explained it better than me, cut/slice down to where nipple enters the intake and fold/bend the 4 corners in.
so just cut and fold down to 3/4''?

I think what @4spdragtop was referring to is to cut the nipple into 1/4's and bend them inward until they break off. With the slits cut, the rest of the nipple should tear off inside the threaded portion......Am I reading you correct Steve?

-
Back