1 or 2 gallon cells?

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
im looking at a small cell for the track... just enough for the burnout, pass, and return, and a little extra lol...

dont mind filling every run... thats actually the point, so my race weight is more consistent...

any idea's that are pretty cheap? like under 150...

i use a 5 gallon fuel cell....dont like to refuel after each round...lol...

too much work...

just cool the car off..and go again

I have a 5 gallon cell and only keep about 2 gallons in it, I took a stick and put a mark on it to drop down in the tank to refill back to the same exact amount after each pass.

You burn almost a gallon in line some times! Lol due a 5gallon. couse you could put a small amount if you want or fill it up.

Also alot of time in the final rounds you have to return directly to the staging lanes with no time to fuel up.
Will

i also have a 5 gallon cell,and use a paint stick to check it,i refill after every pass to keep the weight the same,depending on if your running 1/8 mile or 1/4 mile plus if its going in the rear or up front,i also use a paint strainer when i fill it in my funnel to keep out any dirt or debree

I run a 5 gal. also and fill to the top of the foam(makes it easy to keep it the same amount)

Attachments

• 000_3906.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 192
well hear is my plan... im gonna keep the stock tank and fill it so that i can effectively use the stock tank and fuel as ballast, then plumb a valve to the small cell for making passes...

so i dont want a big cell butt it sounds like a 3 gal might be better... and safer!

Use the OE gas tank for ballast!?!?!?!
Filled even?????

Use the OE gas tank for ballast!?!?!?!
Filled even?????

lol ive managed to ge tthe car down to just under 3K with me in it and i have alot more weight to remove... so i figured its in the right place so i might as well use it...

and with the cell i can ge the weight of the car closer to the base weight for the class without ever going under...

Use a couple of the big gatorade bottles.

already have 120 lbs in the spare tire tire wheel...

-
Back