#1 Song on this day 40 years ago

-
I may be dating myself as a "kid"... but I remember finding the 45 in my moms record collection in the late 70s-early 80's and playing the hell out of it. Had to flip it over for the other half of the song.

Two years ago but here's the story. Car was built and sold in Detroit and probably driven west by the serviceman. Last tag on the car was 85. Car was transported to MN with someones intention of puttting it on the street but the purchaser died and the car went into dry storage until I bought it off e-bay two years ago.
With 83k on the clock I put in a new battery, fuel ect and it fired right up and I drove it on the trailer for the trip to MI. Highly optioned car. It's my retirement project for two years down the road. I've been buying NOS stuff for the few things it needed. Original B-5 blue I'm changing to X-9 black to match the interior. I love Yakima because there hasn't been a single bolt or nut that wouldn't come off by hand on this completely rust free car. Thanks for asking. dan

Great find. Its true stuff can set around here quit a while before it starts to rust. Theres a guy about 30 miles from me, that has several acres of old cars 20's 30's 40's has been there since I was a kid. the old man died his kid took over. They don't sell them ,they just sit. The thing of it is the cars only have surface rust after all these years.

Great find. Its true stuff can set around here quit a while before it starts to rust. Theres a guy about 30 miles from me, that has several acres of old cars 20's 30's 40's has been there since I was a kid. the old man died his kid took over. They don't sell them ,they just sit. The thing of it is the cars only have surface rust after all these years.

Zigs, it is a shame that the stuff just sets and no one has access to it. At least it'll survive until eventually someone will use it. If it was here and outside they would already have melted into the earth to eventually become iron ore again. dan

-
Back