10" brakes on formula S cars?

-
My barracuda was built with the 10" brakes. Kind of an odd car in that it was optioned with some of the sport and performance options, but it's not an "S" car.
Aaron

WOW! So much info. I'm (almost) sure they never made a Formula "S" Valiant. I'm really curious how many Hi-po 273 4-speed 2 door post V100s might have been produced. I'm 100% sure it was original as I knew the first owner and the only thing he had done to it was put a high rise intake and a holley carb on it and run the piss out of it. It was a badass on the street scene way back then. It had a 7 1/4 posi cant recall the gear ratio but I remember it lasted 10 hrs before sheared the splines on the axles. (they had been installed wrong and hadn't gone completely into the spider gears) after I pulled the rear cover and aligned the spiders, and installed a 2nd set of axles it lasted about a month and a half before I broke the spiders. At that point I knew it was time for 8 3/4,, local yard in Minot North Dakota radioed out and found 1 in Ill. or Ind. It had a 3.91 gear in it. Its gone thru a few upgrades over the years and its still my baby though it needs restored.
Sorry to bore you but two more questions b4 I get out of here. What is the fender code for hi-po 273 and what is this Hamtramack site you speak of?

Thanks Guys
Kevan

WOW! So much info. I'm (almost) sure they never made a Formula "S" Valiant. I'm really curious how many Hi-po 273 4-speed 2 door post V100s might have been produced. I'm 100% sure it was original as I knew the first owner and the only thing he had done to it was put a high rise intake and a holley carb on it and run the piss out of it. It was a badass on the street scene way back then. It had a 7 1/4 posi cant recall the gear ratio but I remember it lasted 10 hrs before sheared the splines on the axles. (they had been installed wrong and hadn't gone completely into the spider gears) after I pulled the rear cover and aligned the spiders, and installed a 2nd set of axles it lasted about a month and a half before I broke the spiders. At that point I knew it was time for 8 3/4,, local yard in Minot North Dakota radioed out and found 1 in Ill. or Ind. It had a 3.91 gear in it. Its gone thru a few upgrades over the years and its still my baby though it needs restored.
Sorry to bore you but two more questions b4 I get out of here. What is the fender code for hi-po 273 and what is this Hamtramack site you speak of?

Thanks Guys
Kevan
No formula S Valiants. I will look up and see what production figures I have for you tomorrow. V100 was a economy model and if it has a Commando and a4 speed it is pretty low production. My first car was a 65 270 Dart with a Charger 273 and a 3 on the tree. One of just a hand full.

-
Back