10" spindals

-
I am upgrading my 69 cuda to later model disks, so I will have a set of those in the next week or so . $100.00 shipped sound good ?

Thanks,

Steve

Would you need the hubs and bearings, or just the spindles ?

Im not 100% on wut I need. Like I sed, ssbc says I have to have oe 10" drums cuz that's what ut bolts to. I assume I would need different spindles for that. Correct me if I'm wrong

There are some kits available for the 9" also. But you are correct in just needing the spindles. I installed a Wilwood kit and the spindles, upper and lower control arms are reused.

I might be wrong but I think the hub, bearings, are the same. The difference is in How the 9 or inch inch brake assembly bolts to the spindle. To call a part store and have them look up wheel bearings for both 9 inch and 10 inch drum brakes wouldn't shed light on the hub length difference. Somebody here knows for sure.
If you only need the spindles I can do that and you'll save on shipping without the hubs.

Let's pose a question for the supplier of the aftermarket brakes... Are those rotors hub mounted to the stock drum hubs or do those rotors include hubs and bearings ?

Mancini mopar sells a disc conversion for $900 ($1120 power) for 9" drum. Comes with bearings and even a master cylinder!

Is there a downside to te mancini mopar conversion kit? It works on 9" spindles which is great for me, but I'm gonna have a 360 eventually replace my 225. Will the 9" kit be to weak?

Is there a downside to te mancini mopar conversion kit? It works on 9" spindles which is great for me, but I'm gonna have a 360 eventually replace my 225. Will the 9" kit be to weak?

Chryslers' engineers didn't consider their drum brake application ball joints to be strong enough for disc brakes either.
Everything designed back then is more substantial than whats found under todays passenger cars though.
I dont think those offering the aftermarket brake systems are assuming any liability for ball joints, spindles, etc, not supplied by them.

Chryslers' engineers didn't consider their drum brake application ball joints to be strong enough for disc brakes either.
Everything designed back then is more substantial than whats found under todays passenger cars though.
I dont think those offering the aftermarket brake systems are assuming any liability for ball joints, spindles, etc, not supplied by them.

So that's a no? Has anyone used the Mancini discs conversion on 9" drum?

For the SSBC kit all you need is the 10" drum brake spindles their rotors are 1 piece and the kit comes with everything else to do the conversion. Have done many and I like the SSBC kit. I would grab those spindles for a $100 bucks as they are not too easy to come by. You will be very happy too with the way the car stops.

Ssbc is who makes the conversion on mancini with 9" spindles

I think I forgot to mention I'm keepin 5x4 bolt pattern, and idk if those spindles are 5x4 or 5x4.5. The 9" ssbc kit works on 9" spindles

Just a thought... have you looked at Scarebird Mechanical for front disc brakes. They offer a less expensive method of placing disc brakes on your stock spindles. One advantage to theirs is the replacement rotors, calipers, pads, can be purchased locally.

I just did the ssbc conversion you have to use the 10' spindles. They are a heavier better built spindle. I love the conversion, it comes with both large and small bolt pattern. I wanted to keep my car sbp.

SSBC all you need is 10" brake spindles everything else comes in their kit. I've used it. I have a set bead blasted and painted $25 plus ship.

I don't know if scarbirds system works with my wheels

And besides that, it costs $500 for their kit, then u gotta go to a machinist and other more complicated things. Seems much simpler to just go with ssbc to me

Don't you need a newer uca, and 15" rims to clear? and a newer lower ball joint? 9That's why you need the new uca, bigger ball joint.
Just asking.

http://ssbrakes.com/commerce/detail/index.cfm?nPID=8558

That is the link to the disc brake kit i want to get on my car. heres the catch. my car, a 70 dart, is a /6. so from what i understand, i must have 9" drums. that kit bolts to 10" drum spindals.

i guess my question is, where can i find O.E. 10" spinals and how much should i expect to spend?

http://www.summitracing.com/search/...l/DART/?keyword=brake+conversion&Ns=Price|Asc

not to mess with your ideas, or any pending transactions on your spindles...but you should click on the above link and scrool down, not only does summit sell the ssb kit you're looking at for cheaper than they do...but there are other cheaper options..the below link is the summit kit, comes with master cyl, spindles, lines, rotors, everything...thats what i run is the summit kit, went on pretty easy and been working great for me for the last 5 years.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/...Racing/?Ns=Price|Asc&keyword=brake+conversion

good luck

-
Back